Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Sep 2010 (Thursday) 20:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite!

this thread is locked
CptTripps
567 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 02, 2011 11:36 |  #11821

I upgraded from the XT mike, I enjoy this camera so much more. The battery takes longer to charge but last soooooo much longer as well :)

60D - Sigma 30mm 1.4 - 50mm 1.8 ImkII - 18-135 IS - 70-200 2.8 mkII - 2x430ex II - 3xFlextt5+AC3 - Einstein 640 w/mc2 - Vagabond Mini

sponsored links
mondayshift
Goldmember
2,301 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 02, 2011 11:37 |  #11822

GAJoe wrote in post #12863604 (external link)
I'm new to DSLRs and struggle understanding some parts of the manual. Got a good book but when I checked out John Greengo's "Canon 60D - DSLR Fast Start" introduction (you-tube teaser):
http://www.creativeliv​e.com …canon-60d-dslr-fast-start (external link)
his visuals make it so much easier to understand.
If you have a 60D and have taken this class was it worth it?

i've never seen his dvd's, but maybe check this out.

http://www.learn.usa.c​anon.com …s/eos_60d_tutor​ials.shtml (external link).

save the money and just search for the question you have on google or ask here. we try to help each other as much as we can.:D

“Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something.”
- Jake the Dog -
flickr (external link)

mondayshift
Goldmember
2,301 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 02, 2011 11:38 |  #11823

mike3767 wrote in post #12863807 (external link)
New papa to the 60D. Just traded in my xsi, so I upgraded a little. Can't wait to use it. This battery seems like it's taking forever to charge!!!!!!

welcome man.

- Jake the Dog -
flickr (external link)

BXPhoto
Goldmember
2,170 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Aug 02, 2011 11:51 |  #11824

Tbot wrote in post #12861214 (external link)
What up? My name is Stephen and I live in Florida... If it isn't hot and sunny it is hot and raining. So I have had my 60D for a few month now and read the DSLR for dummies book, but still have issues. Read about aperture and shutter and ISO and everything but still manage to suck at taking pictures. I have the basic setup still. I use to have the 430EX flash but that was lost on some Disney World ride. I basically take all my shot with the presets and never the manual setting. I been fixing up my car a lot lately, so I been focusing on still shots. Please help ^.^

Here are some shots that are definitely weksos in comparison with the rest of you

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

Cool cr-z... Hooked up hybrids and EV cars are what our kids are gonna be braggin about. Were gonna be the old folks talking about our 5-600hp gas powered turbo cars and how our grandpas had carbd v8's. Theyll be like whattttts a Carb - the food? LOL

Welcome to the board and definately add me as a contact on flikr. I shoot cars once in a while also. Currently rolling around a 500hp 240sx as my show/track car.

My name is Andrew and I like Canon's!!!
Gearlist and Feedback
Flickr (external link)
Facebook (external link)
BeXposed Photography on ModelMayhem (external link)

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 02, 2011 11:56 |  #11825

Tbot wrote in post #12861621 (external link)
Yeah, actually I am putting some Swift Sports spring on in a little less then 2 weeks. Thanks too!

No, I have an iPhone 4 that is not jailbroken... Not too savey with that stuff. Plus, what is CC?

Edit: I might have answered my own question but is it Critique Corner?

Hoorah, can't wait to see it dropped, CC is like critique corner or I like to think as critique and comments, kinda like asking for opinion/advice on how to make the photo better and so forth..I just like opinions! It makes you feel great finally to be able to show your personality/style in the photography world.

Kudos. wrote in post #12861633 (external link)
Welcome to the forums! Lighting is always key, so try to do shoots and dusk when the lighting is better. Head over to thetransportation section to get ideas and critiques.

Newest addition to the family. Going to the Grand Canyon next week also, cant wait!

QUOTED IMAGE

mmm you're gonna love the hell out of that UWA. I still rock mines from time to time.

[QUOTE=doogle510;12863​317]

Vixen89 wrote in post #12861399 (external link)
I am jealous of the driveway and the car...*drools*QUOTE]

Wish thatway my driveway, it's just a country road where I live, that no one every uses

Oh, damn country roads are so bad for lowered cars. I cringe when I hear the rocks kick into my fenders. Never bring a show car to the country. D:

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

LemonScent
343 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 02, 2011 12:00 |  #11826

Hey guys,
We went to San Francisco on Sunday, and of course I took the 60D and a 24-105L that I rented. Here's a couple pics from that day:

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6011/6001225100_5d5621148b_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6028/6001225372_d7eac54a48_z.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6022/6001221418_e59f443eed_z.jpg

And the rest are here in case you're really bored ;) http://www.flickr.com …37576712/with/6​000672829/ (external link)

Lisa
A full frame thingy, some lens thingys and a flashy thingy

mondayshift
Goldmember
2,301 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 02, 2011 12:16 |  #11827

LemonScent wrote in post #12864005 (external link)
Hey guys,
We went to San Francisco on Sunday, and of course I took the 60D and a 24-105L that I rented. Here's a couple pics from that day:

wow great pics!

- Jake the Dog -
flickr (external link)

CptTripps
567 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 02, 2011 12:33 |  #11828

Hey guys,

Nice shots! So how did you find the 24-105 for a walkaround lens? I currently use the 18-135 IS and feel the range is pretty good but would like to trade up eventually. Did you find yourself wanting more on either end very often or was it all pretty good? Tough to rent in Alaska without going online and paying that little extra in shipping.

60D - Sigma 30mm 1.4 - 50mm 1.8 ImkII - 18-135 IS - 70-200 2.8 mkII - 2x430ex II - 3xFlextt5+AC3 - Einstein 640 w/mc2 - Vagabond Mini

matthew.saji
438 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 02, 2011 13:16 as a reply to  @ CptTripps's post |  #11829

I replaced my 18-135 IS with the 24-105 IS L and it is superior to the 18-135. The range is great and I did not miss the other range for a walk around lens at all.

5DMKII or 5D MK III
Enough gear for now... need to get out and shoot more.

LemonScent
343 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 02, 2011 18:20 |  #11830

CptTripps wrote in post #12864181 (external link)
Nice shots! So how did you find the 24-105 for a walkaround lens? I currently use the 18-135 IS and feel the range is pretty good but would like to trade up eventually. Did you find yourself wanting more on either end very often or was it all pretty good? Tough to rent in Alaska without going online and paying that little extra in shipping.

I thought the range was just fine. Didn't miss either end. I really liked this lens. It's like the ultimate walk around lens. Thinking about doing some street corner whoring to afford one (kidding... sort of) :lol:

Lisa
A full frame thingy, some lens thingys and a flashy thingy

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,290 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 02, 2011 18:24 as a reply to  @ matthew.saji's post |  #11831

got out for sunrise Monday morning and captured a few to pass along ~

first shot of the morning

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMG_9905.jpg (external link)

- great Blue Heron ready for a perch.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMG_9907.jpg (external link)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_9970.jpg (external link)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_9957.jpg (external link)

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 100-400L IS II | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 10-18 IS STM
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,290 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 02, 2011 18:24 as a reply to  @ Immaculens's post |  #11832

The heron was trying to impress upon the goose (and geese collectively) that they were hindering his stealthy fishing technique by wading around. The goose, on behalf of the collective, had choice words for the heron...

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_0001.jpg (external link)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_0030.jpg (external link)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_0032.jpg (external link)

here is some candid Karma... this is one of the most beautiful women I've met, I often see her jogging and finally she was in a position where I could snap a shot but only had a split second to take the shot. Fail. :mad: :wink:

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_0037.jpg (external link)

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 100-400L IS II | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 10-18 IS STM
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

Tbot
40 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 02, 2011 20:32 |  #11833

So yeah, after coming here to this website, I began to pick up on some things that are simple. I started to work with my camera on shutter speed and lowering the ISO. Here is what I came up with in the day I spent messing around trying to get things settled. Next, I will try and figure out how to use Flickr rather then using Photobucket.

Edit: Please excuse the last photo. The thing is hanging on my lamp and I was experimenting with the lighting from the lamp and trying to bounce it so that there wasn't to much glare of the doll ^.^ I am a nerd so yeah!

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i10.photobucket​.com …the%20Camera/IM​G_0016.jpg (external link)

http://i10.photobucket​.com …the%20Camera/IM​G_0009.jpg (external link)

http://i10.photobucket​.com …the%20Camera/IM​G_0007.jpg (external link)

60D l Manfrotto 7301YB Tripod l EFS 18-135MM IS

sumpra
98 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 02, 2011 20:46 |  #11834

Hey guys,
QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

And the rest are here in case you're really bored ;) http://www.flickr.com …37576712/with/6​000672829/ (external link)

Hey Lisa,
How do you like the 24-105 L on your 60D body?
I'm thinking about getting that glass too.
or 15-85 ?
Please Advice.

Gear:
Canon 6D, Canon 60D, Sigma 35 1.4 Art, Canon 17-55 F2.8 SOLD, Canon 85 1.8
Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Canon 50 1.8 II SOLD
Sigma 17-70 OS HSM & SOLD
Canon 55-250 mm IS, Sigma 30 1.4 SOLD, Canon 430 EX II

mondayshift
Goldmember
2,301 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 02, 2011 21:00 |  #11835

Tbot wrote in post #12866554 (external link)
So yeah, after coming here to this website, I began to pick up on some things that are simple. I started to work with my camera on shutter speed and lowering the ISO. Here is what I came up with in the day I spent messing around trying to get things settled. Next, I will try and figure out how to use Flickr rather then using Photobucket.

Edit: Please excuse the last photo. The thing is hanging on my lamp and I was experimenting with the lighting from the lamp and trying to bounce it so that there wasn't to much glare of the doll ^.^ I am a nerd so yeah!

shots look great.

- Jake the Dog -
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,825,769 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.