Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 04 Aug 2011 (Thursday) 18:56
Search threadPrev/next

I would love to be a model, but how do I go about doing it?

drevilsmom
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 04, 2011 18:56 |  #1

I think it would be a lot of fun to do, and would give my fiance some fun photos, but I live in a rural area that is VERY conservative in nudity. I, of course, have no problem with that. I have sent him some nude artsy photos that I have taken of myself with, of all things, my iPhone, but I'd like to have a professional setup done. So how do I advertise that I am looking? I also wouldn't mind padding a portfolio of a photographer, either. I am tall and slender: 5'9" at 138-142 lbs. In decent shape. Not shy to be nude or in front of the camera.

Elizabeth

40D and modded 20D| 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | nifty fifty | assortment of pentax lenses with adapter
CG-5GT | AT102ED

ChunkyDA
Goldmember
3,707 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Aug 04, 2011 19:53 |  #2

modelmayhem.com

Dave
Support Search and Rescue, Get Lost (external link)
Gear list and some feedback

AlanZ
297 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 04, 2011 22:33 as a reply to  @ ChunkyDA's post |  #3

Please post some of your photos :lol:

7D | Speedlite 430EX II x 3 + PixelKing | 70-200 f/2.8 II | 24-70 f2.8L | 50mm 1.8
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/alanzhaonys (external link)
500px: http://alanzhao.500px.​com/ (external link)

drevilsmom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 04, 2011 22:53 |  #4

LOL! Sure! But they are poorly done with my iPhone, and are self portraits. I'll put them here.

Elizabeth

40D and modded 20D| 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | nifty fifty | assortment of pentax lenses with adapter
CG-5GT | AT102ED

drevilsmom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Post edited over 3 years ago by Pekka with reason 'removed gn material'.

Aug 04, 2011 23:01 |  #5

No big editing, other than in-phone. And no makeup of any kind. Just would like a more professional setting other than my bathroom. :rolleyes::lol: Hope these aren't TOO racy for here, LOL.

(admin: links removed)

MOD EDIT: Per the G&N Discuss Guidelines, embedded images for nude models are not permitted. Images have been removed.

Elizabeth

CG-5GT | AT102ED

bboehm
706 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 05, 2011 00:02 |  #6

modelmayhem is definitely where you want to be. As a model that is willing to shoot nudes, you'll get more photographers there wanting to do shoots than you'll know what to do with. Most models just getting started will do TFP (Trade For Prints) which means you'll model for the photographer and no money is exchanged either way. The photographer gets his/her shots and agrees to give you some or all the shots in exchange for your modeling. This is very common for both models and photographers just starting out. As you get better and build your portfolio, you can start doing paid shoots but those are tough to get for all but the most talented models and photographers.

7D, 50D, EFS 17-85mm IS, 24-70mm f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 2X Extender III, Calumet Genesis 400, Speedlite 430EX, Pocket Wizards

quiksquirrel
608 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 05, 2011 07:45 |  #7

I would try to find a better alternative to MM. I have never used that site myself (and never will), but from what I hear, it attracts a lot of unprofessional people.

There are many similar sites out there. Some are better than others.
In your situation, I would also consider this site a possibility. Chances are that there is a photographer among POTN's members, who is located near you and who's work you like. And I see no reason why anyone would mind you PM'ing them about such a thing.

Whatever you do, make sure the photographer has a decent portfolio containing the types of shots that you want.
The second you remove clothes from the equation, the game changes. Shooting a nude model is different than shooting a dressed one and it takes a different set of skills to do it right.

ukcyberboy
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 05, 2011 10:03 |  #8

Why not ask her too?
I am sure someone on here will be local enough, try the meetup section and see what happens.

Body | Canon 6D |
Lens | Yongnuo 50mm 1.8 |
Lens | Canon 28-70 2.8 L |
Lens | Canon 70-200is F4 L |
Lighting | Yongnuo YN600RX |
Accessories | Various Bits |‚Äč

drevilsmom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,100 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 05, 2011 12:01 |  #9

Hmmmm.... I am really appreciating the advice I have been receiving, for sure. Yes, I checked out MM, and although there were a couple of photographers in my relatively local area, I'm thinking going to a larger city may be a better bet. I am about 3 hours away from St. Louis, but since I work, that leaves only the weekends for a shoot. I don't know if THAT will be a difficulty. Throw the fact that I split my son with his father every other week, and that cuts down time as well.

Elizabeth

CG-5GT | AT102ED

AlanZ
297 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 05, 2011 22:45 as a reply to  @ drevilsmom's post |  #10

I will be happy to shoot you but I am too far - I am from NY.:D

7D | Speedlite 430EX II x 3 + PixelKing | 70-200 f/2.8 II | 24-70 f2.8L | 50mm 1.8
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/alanzhaonys (external link)
500px: http://alanzhao.500px.​com/ (external link)

teaco
881 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Aug 06, 2011 03:54 |  #11

i would also advise to be verrrry careful with MM photographers; there are some amazing photographers there and also some terrible ones. However, if they have a great port and good experience then just ask if they will shoot for free. I'm sadly not an amazing photographer, but if a model wanted to do a nude shoot with me i would be happy to shoot for free. Why? Nudes can make wonderful pieces of art and it's actually difficult to get a model, at least here in Perth, who is willing to pose nude. You may find a great photographer who will shoot for free. Just make sure you have all your expectations documented in the emails so you are aware of how many images etc you are getting and in what timeframe.

facebook (external link)
blog (external link)
website (external link)

EdW
71 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 08, 2011 12:07 |  #12

You can possibly find a local "camera club" to try modeling. Check meetup.com for any group near you. Like anything else in life there will probably be some good groups & some bad ones. Some of the meetup group organizers are flaky like being jerks or a**holes.

http://www.meetup.com/ (external link)

Rocky ­ Rhode
Goldmember
1,416 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 08, 2011 12:31 |  #13

Just a bit curious how someone who has over 1k posts of gorgeous landscape and wildlife photography suddenly asks about how to pose nude and provides examples taken with an iPhone?

If the intent is real then I offer my apologies; this seems a bit out of the realm of normality for the post that this user has displayed in the past and reeks of an account hack.

GEAR LIST Flickr (external link)

quiksquirrel
608 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 08, 2011 12:57 |  #14

Rocky Rhode wrote in post #12897456 (external link)
Just a bit curious how someone who has over 1k posts of gorgeous landscape and wildlife photography suddenly asks about how to pose nude and provides examples taken with an iPhone?

If the intent is real then I offer my apologies; this seems a bit out of the realm of normality for the post that this user has displayed in the past and reeks of an account hack.

Why?

I know a few who started photographing after many years of modeling, so the opposite seems likely enough.
And just last year, I was approached by a agency to get into modeling after years of being behind the camera. I declined the offer, but it seems perfectly logical to me, that others might be interested.

As for photos taken with a phone..
If the intention was (as is stated) to send these photos via mobile phone, taking then with such a devise seems like a fairly natural choice. In most such cases, the photos will never be seen on anything other than the screen of the receiver's phone, so shooting them with a 5DII doesn't really make sense.

Rocky ­ Rhode
Goldmember
1,416 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 08, 2011 15:48 as a reply to  @ quiksquirrel's post |  #15

Usually someone who makes posts like the ones below; concise, articulate, and intelligent, and one who is married with a son, does not suddenly make unintelligent comments about posing nude for any random photographer. Strikes me as odd given her history and the quality of her posts; so I was naturally suspicious.

IMAGE EDITING OK
Re: T2I astrophotography
Do you know how to collimate a reflector to align its mirrors? That's what set me off initially from one. The learning curve is STEEP, and getting something like a refractor would take a little bit of that steepness out of the equation. You can buy some nice used scopes at www.cloudynights.com (external link) That's where I got my AT102ED. I also bought my mount there as well. The mount pictured in your example looks a little bit flimsy, and the motors don't look very large either. Just my opinion, however. I'm sure that others will give great advise!

First attempt at this region. I am relatively pleased, even though my shooting was cut short by the smell of smoke in the air. My hubby is a volunteer firefighter, and with the fact we are EXTREMELY dry, I didn't want to leave him to fret if there was a fire because he couldn't leave our young son alone. Needless to say, there was not a call for our district.

Anyway, it was taken with my 135mm Pentax on my unmodded 40D, piggybacked to my AT102ED. The subs were only 50 seconds in length and 15 frames total, and the exposures were really being pushed, as many of my stars are egg-shaped. I'm still struggling deeply with drift alignment. I also had my aperture at f/3.5 and ISO 800 or 1600 (can't remember off the top of my head.) Pre- and postprocessed with Adobe Elements 8, and stacked using DSS.

GEAR LIST Flickr (external link)

6,333 views & 0 likes for this thread
I would love to be a model, but how do I go about doing it?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.