Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 06 Aug 2011 (Saturday) 20:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Please give me ideas, tips, critique!

hugorganista
27 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 06, 2011 20:54 |  #1

I'm using a Canon T3i with the stock 55mm lens. Just started getting into it and giving photography a shot. These are some pictures I took. Some are at night and others in the day. Please give me some insight and tips as to what I can do to better my shots. I don't get offended by any means. I understand I'm new and I need to get better, there is no reason for me to get offended.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMG_1349 (external link) by HugoSethh (external link), on Flickr
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMG_1816 (external link) by HugoSethh (external link), on Flickr
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_1416 (external link) by HugoSethh (external link), on Flickr
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_1409 (external link) by HugoSethh (external link), on Flickr
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMG_1326 (external link) by HugoSethh (external link), on Flickr
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Warrior. (external link) by HugoSethh (external link), on Flickr

Show, Don't Tell.

sponsored links
Frugal
784 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 06, 2011 21:17 |  #2

Welcome to POTN!
You're off to a good start. Your images are good from a technical point of view. I forget which famous photographer said this but to improve your photography stand in front of more interesting subjects. Often this can be something familiar with a unique point of view. Your first picture is trying to do that, but it's still a bit too familiar. Shoot, shoot shoot - it's the only way to improve and we're all trying to improve.
Good luck

Richard
Gear

usagicam
50 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 07, 2011 01:39 |  #3

the first one is very nice
the second one looks almost there
the 3 after needs some focus not sharp enough i guess
last one the tones over all look monochrome sorta
but over all really cool work

alquimista
Cream of the Crop
6,998 posts
Gallery: 91 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2011

Aug 07, 2011 01:47 |  #4

Welcome to the forum, good start, def need to look for more challenging subjects, Cheers!

la costura de Dios
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/andresmoline/ (external link)

Woodworker
Goldmember
2,176 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 07, 2011 04:50 |  #5

Welcome to POTN - the talents of the newcomers amaze me.

David

David

hugorganista
THREAD ­ STARTER
27 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 08, 2011 06:36 |  #6

Woodworker wrote in post #12890715 (external link)
Welcome to POTN - the talents of the newcomers amaze me.

David

Thanks David!

Show, Don't Tell.

hugorganista
THREAD ­ STARTER
27 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 08, 2011 06:37 |  #7

All these shots were just made around my neighborhood and within my home. It was the first day I got my T3i and did some random shots. I promise I'll get more interesting subjects soon! hehe

Show, Don't Tell.

wayne_eddy
Goldmember
1,931 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 11, 2011 07:08 |  #8

welcome the one of the best forums around.

sorry, but I rarely post critique to critique threads with so many images with such a wide subject matter.

post less in the thread and (with luck) receive more.

Lines are working well for you in these images and the crop are good/OK.

last one is the odd one out. It's just a shot of a cast statue.

do I win?

wayne eddy
[I'm calibrated - are you?]
Gear List

Camk35
29 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 11, 2011 16:42 |  #9

I like them all. They all have good lines, interesting perspective and are pretty appealing to me but then I love night photography. Something you could also try is playing with your white balance, pop in a few slave flashes (or if your not so financially fit a good flashlight can pull off some cool effects too) here and there, buy some wider angled lenses and a zoom and open your horizons a little. Try shooting with no ambient light or just a full moon. Your imagination is your limit and don't restrict yourself. Take peoples advice and try doing the opposite of their advice, to the limit of common sense of coarse but this is one fun hobby that never seems to run dry.

GlimmerMan
Goldmember
2,718 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 11, 2011 19:25 |  #10

I would spend some time and reshoot the skins. That'll be well worth the time and you can tweak and control so much. Plus it's a cool subject. Of the lot, that image has the most potential to me. The one thing that stands out is that I can't read the printing on the sticks - either make it visible or not, but the half-pregnant doesn't work for me.

X100T XT3
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,282 views & 0 likes for this thread
Please give me ideas, tips, critique!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.