Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 05 Aug 2011 (Friday) 22:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Online photo storage that others can order from?

Jim ­ M
Goldmember
1,656 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 07, 2011 08:15 |  #16

I've been using Zenfolio and really like it. I use the $100/year account and it's worth every penny. I used to do on-site sales of race photos as well as my own fulfillment off track. I probably sold more pictures back then, but I don't think I made any more money and the time investment was nuts. Disclaimer: I am not a full time pro.

sponsored links
konfuzd1
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 08, 2011 01:05 as a reply to  @ Jim M's post |  #17

I recently (about a week ago) signed up with Smugmug. For what it's worth, you can turn $150 into $120 with discount code "stuckincustoms." So far, I like it. Very easy to upload and you can set your own prices by gallery or even by individual image. I plan to use it for sittings as well as event photos. And I'm more than willing to pay for unlimited online backup of my work...

Gripped 50D; Rebel T2I; Rebel 35mm; EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM; 50mm f/1.8 USM II; 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM; 430EX II (and just for fun, Rokinon 500 f/6.3 mirror and 2x tube)
http://www.facebook.co​m/milliner.john?sk=pho​tos (external link)

Dooms_day
509 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 08, 2011 19:55 |  #18

funkylizard wrote in post #12887835 (external link)
Check 500px.com You can upload your work and under "settings" you can start up a store... I just set it up. Think of it as a really nice looking and social network aware flickr BUT they wantn you to only upload GOOD pictures :)

+1

The store part of it is so easy to set up, it takes just clicking a link in an activation email and people can purchase all your photos and the default prices are pretty well set although you can change them to anything in the world.

The site is full of great pics, so it made me only want to upload great pics, not the 50 good ones from the last photo shoot but only the BEST ones.

Canon EOS-1D mk ii + 70-200 4.0 USM L + Sigma 28-70mm 2.8-4 + Nifty 50
500px (external link) - Google+ (external link)

EOSAddict
Book Committee Immortal
6,089 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 09, 2011 10:08 |  #19

I'm not a pro but have both zenfolio and smugmug. Particularly with smug (been with them years) (only just joined zen) you pay for superb customer service and great functionality. ..... and full res storage... and LR integration.. etc

Al
My Gear, My Website: www.endofthetrailphoto​graphy.com (external link)

Mistabernie
'Camera Unicorn McSparkles'..
2,738 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 10, 2011 10:11 |  #20

The LR integration of Smugmug is pretty great, I have to admit. I can't wait to use it a bit more.

Also, for the $150 (which can drop due to coupons/referrals, etc), it's NOT alot of money for someone that wants to make money off the prints, and the pro level offers ALOT more than just a customizable webpage, etc. The things that come to mind are being able to set a price on your prints to make profit for anything that people print, the ability to watermark your images while being displayed on the site (but the printed/downloaded versions are obviously watermark free), etc..

Donate if you love POTN! | Smugmug (external link) | Gear List & POTN Marketplace Feedback
Feel free to call me Bernie.
LIVING PROOF WHY YOU DON'T MENTION THE TITLE FAIRY...

Leftcoast_Mike
Goldmember
2,575 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 31, 2011 17:04 |  #21

sorry to unbury an old thread but what if you're not a pro but need somewhere to make your high resolution images available to people you want to give them to? I can't send 30 emails with a single image in each because of a 10mb/email limitation. I'd rather just have a place I can host them for download to the friend/client.

My Facebook Page (external link)
My Website (external link)

Dooms_day
509 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 31, 2011 17:39 |  #22

Leftcoast_Mike wrote in post #13032004 (external link)
sorry to unbury an old thread but what if you're not a pro but need somewhere to make your high resolution images available to people you want to give them to? I can't send 30 emails with a single image in each because of a 10mb/email limitation. I'd rather just have a place I can host them for download to the friend/client.

http://www.mediafire.c​om/ (external link)

Canon EOS-1D mk ii + 70-200 4.0 USM L + Sigma 28-70mm 2.8-4 + Nifty 50
500px (external link) - Google+ (external link)

sponsored links

2,947 views & 0 likes for this thread
Online photo storage that others can order from?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.