Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 08 Aug 2011 (Monday) 19:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D video problem, strange happenings...

simonhans
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 08, 2011 19:06 |  #1

I am not sure what to make of this.

In video mode my 60D does not have an option for 30 fps in 1080 HD and in 720 there is no setting for 60fps (the most frustrating part of this problem!!). Now looking all over I can see that it SHOULD have these settings but they're just not there. Maybe I am missing something but what the whats going on here??!

Also the 'maginified view' buttons on the rear of the camera, top right, are supposed to zoom into the detail of a frame, instead they jump at x5 and x10. Not referring to movie crop mode. A small point, not a problem but an indication of some irregular stuff going on here.

The vid setting missing these options I mention above is just bizarre and bloody worrying.

I am using manual mode in Video. Camera bought second hand. Using manual lenses with manual adaptors...this could not make a difference to what appears to be firmware issue?? Running firmware version 1.1.0.

Thanks for any help as I am at a loss...

sponsored links
BryantFC
Goldmember
2,606 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 08, 2011 19:15 |  #2

You could always reset the camera's full settings to see what would happen. Odd situation though, i hope you get it sorted!

Mamiya M645 1000S, Mamiya RZ67, Polaroid SX-70 Alpha, Polaroid 250 Auto Land Camera, Leica M3, Canon Elan II
www.bryantphethmanh.co​m (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bryantphethmanh​/ (external link)

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 08, 2011 19:22 |  #3

NTSC vs PAL maybe? ???

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

lar55
277 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 08, 2011 19:24 |  #4

simonhans wrote in post #12899699 (external link)
... Also the 'maginified view' buttons on the rear of the camera, top right, are supposed to zoom into the detail of a frame, instead they jump at x5 and x10. Not referring to movie crop mode. A small point, not a problem but an indication of some irregular stuff going on here.

That is the correct behavior. In Live View mode, and Movie (video) mode, the top right button does 5x and 10x viewing. This is intended to help you manually focus when using the LCD screen rather than the viewfinder. (These buttons are for zooming in to a detail view only when in review mode - when you are viewing images on the memory card.)

ozwapet
29 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 08, 2011 19:26 as a reply to  @ BrickR's post |  #5

Check tools ( second to last icon on top menu ) for video setting is NTSC or PAl ( the US is NTSC, here in australia it's PAl)

On NTSC I get

1920x1080 30fps
1920x1080 24fps
1280x720 60fps

Others but they don't matter.

simonhans
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 08, 2011 19:47 as a reply to  @ ozwapet's post |  #6

All, thanks for the quick replies.

I wondered if it was a silly question and apparently it was. It HAS to be NTSC vs PAL that has got me crazy. I'll look at it tonight and confirm I do have 50fps at 720p. Ha, I had fantasies it was a fake or something lol.

All is well. And I'll confirm tonight when I get home to my camera, to try what you've told me. Thank you. These sorts of forums are a god send I tell ya.

Hopefully this question is not as stupid :rolleyes:
Finally, is there any advantage to shooting at 60fps in NTSC (as opposed to 50fps in PAL), editing then exporting for PAL? I guess not. I'd then get Twixtor etc involved to slow down further. But no advantage with the end goal to be getting final product as slow as possible?

sponsored links

1,102 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D video problem, strange happenings...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.