Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 18 Jul 2011 (Monday) 16:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First all-Asian wedding - a complete disaster!

this thread is locked
pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 09, 2011 11:39 |  #406

Sirrith wrote in post #12903694 (external link)
It is definitely within his right to sue. He performed his part of the contract, at least in part, they failed to perform theirs at all, he has the right to sue for performance. He spent time taking the photos, and has the right to be compensated for that time.

Whether or not it is the right thing to do morally or economically however, is a different story.

But having the right to something, isn't an argument for or motive to do something. It just means that it is an option.

The question I asked whas the motives to recommend that he takes it to court.

To motivate a specific action is to show what advantages there are, and show that it is likely that the advantages are bigger than the disadvantages. What is the cost, and what is the probability of a net gain (money, goodwill, freedom to control own time, ...)

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

sponsored links
pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 09, 2011 11:43 |  #407

dariussutherland wrote in post #12903325 (external link)
I don'y know if your just looking for attention on this site or this is really happening.

YOU ARE JUST MAKING A COMPLETE MEAL OF IT.

It's SIMPLE. Either He Pays & Get The Images OR He Doesn't Pay & Doesn't Get The Images.

TELL HIM HE IS WASTING YOUR TIME. WHEN HE IS READY TO PAY LET YOU KNOW AND YOU WILL DO THE IMAGES. UNTIL THEN CEASE ALL COMMUNICATION

Calm down. That caps lock key is only needed in case of imminent injury to people, animals or similar. Think fire, murder, rape, or if you see someone with automatic carbines visiting the local bank ;)

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 09, 2011 11:48 |  #408

SMP_Homer wrote in post #12903810 (external link)
Funny!
I've had a few PMs already today asking me to ignore those that think I'm looking for attention or want no further updates...

You can't put it behind you or to the side if you're constantly updating the forum every time the couple decides to jerk you around some more.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 09, 2011 11:51 |  #409

SMP_Homer wrote in post #12903457 (external link)
But if they communicate - I have to communicate back, even if it's just to remind them my position. I can't ignore them.

No you don't, and yes you can.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 09, 2011 11:53 |  #410

D Thompson wrote in post #12903570 (external link)
Just my .02, but I believe he does need to keep the lines of communication open. Otherwise, they could possibly go to court with "he will not respond to our email, phone call, etc." and will end up screwing him even more. Give them a response, however brief.

He does have to answer the phone but he does NOT have to respond to any text, email, or voice mail message that delays the payment. As long as he keeps those messages, the judge will look at them and ask the couple "where exactly in these messages are you offering to hold up your end of the contract?"

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 09, 2011 11:58 |  #411

OP, I think what you should do is create a PayPal link they can click on to pay the remaining balance. That's their exact and only way to pay, and they and you would both have electronic proof that it was paid or unpaid.

Then you can tell them straight. Resolve this by paying with this link. If you don't pay with this link then it's not resolved, if you do pay with this link then it is resolved.

That's as binary (true/false, on/off) as you can get and no one can refute that. There is nothing to arrange, no emails to be sent back and forth, no phone calls needed. Just click the link and pay.

SMP_Homer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,646 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 09, 2011 12:11 |  #412

cdifoto wrote in post #12904222 (external link)
OP, I think what you should do is create a PayPal link they can click on to pay the remaining balance. That's their exact and only way to pay, and they and you would both have electronic proof that it was paid or unpaid.

Then you can tell them straight. Resolve this by paying with this link. If you don't pay with this link then it's not resolved, if you do pay with this link then it is resolved.

That's as binary (true/false, on/off) as you can get and no one can refute that. There is nothing to arrange, no emails to be sent back and forth, no phone calls needed. Just click the link and pay.

Ran that by my lawyer friend... he sees good intention, but thinks its a bad idea...
Paypal isn't listed anywhere on my contract, and to remove every payment option that is on the contract and replace them with an option that isn't available would not look good from my side should this go further. Adding that option is fine.

Kinda silly that the contract still gets referred to even though the couple has demonstrated how badly they respect it...

EOS R / 7D2 / 1D IV (and the wife has a T4i)
Sig35A, Sig50A, Sig85A, Sig14-24A, Sig24-105A, Sig70-200S, Sig150-600C
100-400L, 100L, 300 2.8L, 1.4x II / 2x II
600EX-II X3, 430EX-III X3

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 09, 2011 12:21 |  #413

Translation: I don't really want to resolve this. I just like drama

I too am starting to think you're enjoying the attention here. If you're as busy as you claim to be, you wouldn't have time to update the forum every time they do something.

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,860 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 09, 2011 12:54 as a reply to  @ post 12903570 |  #414

cdifoto wrote in post #12904186 (external link)
He does have to answer the phone but he does NOT have to respond to any text, email, or voice mail message that delays the payment.

No, he does not HAVE to respond, but I'm just saying I think it's in his best interest to respond, however brief the response may be.

To each his own.;)

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 09, 2011 13:03 |  #415

D Thompson wrote in post #12904533 (external link)
No, he does not HAVE to respond, but I'm just saying I think it's in his best interest to respond, however brief the response may be.

To each his own.;)

Every response on his part gives them an opportunity to respond. That's how you prolong things.

To each his own for sure, but OP says he wants to put it down. He's not helping himself by acknowledging their time wasting messages. I think it's very STUPID to keep replying.

whuband
Goldmember
1,433 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 09, 2011 13:09 as a reply to  @ cdifoto's post |  #416

If you wake up one day to find a check in your mail box, then go buy a lottery ticket.

1D4, 6D, 7D2, Sony a6000 with Sony16-70, Rokinon 12mmf2, Canon lenses: 17-40L, 17-55 f2.8, 10-22, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 70-200mm IS 2.8, 300mm 2.8 IS, 580EXII (3), 430EX, Alien Bees.

mtimber
Cream of the Crop
5,011 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 09, 2011 13:23 |  #417

I think people sometimes get upset when someone does not handle a situation the way "they" have advised them to...

In those instances it is best to step away from the problem...

A few posters on here seem to be getting quite upset by this thread because the Op has chosen to do things their way.

Liberty, such a wonderful thing.

"The general rule for flash photography is that you want the flash to go off while the shutter is open" (Titus213)

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,584 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined May 2005

Aug 09, 2011 13:29 |  #418

mtimber wrote in post #12904694 (external link)
I think people sometimes get upset when someone does not handle a situation the way "they" have advised them to...

In those instances it is best to step away from the problem...

A few posters on here seem to be getting quite upset by this thread because the Op has chosen to do things their way.

Liberty, such a wonderful thing.

+1

It's even better when people say "Go talk to a lawyer, do not listen to advice from a photography forum" and when he listens to his lawyer friend's advice he gets flack for following the advice.

Sevas Tra

dariussutherland
206 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 09, 2011 13:32 as a reply to  @ Traci_Ann's post |  #419

:-)

Well. I think he's been doing it a certain way and it's getting nowhere. So I think he actually does not to stop all this nonsense and reassess the situation because it really doesn't seem to be going anywhere. That's what I am annoyed at, but I think annoyed is the wrong word, it's frustrated, even that's the wrong word. I really don't care :-)

Wedding Photographer Sussex (external link) | Wedding Photographer London (external link) | Brighton Photographer (external link) | Wedding Photographers Canada (external link)

mtimber
Cream of the Crop
5,011 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 09, 2011 13:36 |  #420

^^Still his situation to handle...

Not mine or yours. :-)

"I have applied for jobs at National Geographic, Sports Illustrated and Playboy. The phone should start ringing any minute now" (Curtis N)

sponsored links

93,433 views & 0 likes for this thread
First all-Asian wedding - a complete disaster!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.