Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 11 Aug 2011 (Thursday) 07:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

7D camera investigation

this thread is locked
Mastamarek
Goldmember
1,882 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 11, 2011 09:08 |  #31

ok, I'm not even joking. When I tried to turn on my 7D, I saw this outside of my window:

IMAGE: http://andi-the-best.fm.interia.pl/ufo.jpg

very spooky! not sure what to think of this :(

[Facebook® (external link)]
[imassmedia.pl (external link)]
[Flickr (external link)]
[My Blog (external link)]

sponsored links
Quizzical_Squirrel
489 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 11, 2011 09:11 |  #32

CanonEOS, in your other thread, post #58, the camera is turned 180 degrees.

That's why the damage looks different - you're comparing the front of the camera to the back of it.
Look at your own camera to confirm the positions of the hotshoe and the buttons.

CanonEOS
THREAD ­ STARTER
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 11, 2011 09:12 |  #33
bannedPermanent ban

Where are you mods?

Gear List

Stamp
680 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 11, 2011 09:18 |  #34

I give up.

1Ds Mark II, 5D Mark III, Canon AE1, Yashica Electro 35, Mamiya RB67, Yashica 124, some lenses with red rings on them, and some flashey things
- My Site (external link) -
- Like It On Facebook (external link) -

05Xrunner
Goldmember, Flipflopper.
5,753 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Dec 2005

Aug 11, 2011 09:20 as a reply to  @ Stamp's post |  #35

get a life..hope mods lock this one as well..it is a useless thread. You sound like a big cry baby and want attention. Hopefully a BAN is in your near future as well

My gear
Fuji X-T2, Fringer Pro EF-X, 14 f2.8, 18-55 2.8-4 OIS, 35 f2, 50 f2, 90 f2, 55-200 3.5-4.8 OIS, Tamron 150-600 G2 VC
Sony RX100 II

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
15,041 posts
Gallery: 1764 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Aug 11, 2011 09:21 |  #36

You do realize the yellow part that you(?) circled... that's the ribbed edges of the rubber eyepiece, right? That's NOT the dioptic wheel.

Do you own a 7D? If not, then I guess you have ignorance as your defense? The ribbed area provides some friction for you to pinch and remove the rubber eyepiece. The dioptic adjusting wheel is actually on the upper right portion of your yellow oval... where it's melted.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

Quizzical_Squirrel
489 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 11, 2011 09:22 |  #37

Can't we just get to the bottom of this for once and for all before we initiate the wow-strange-mods sequence?

Otherwise it's going to be like a fat woman in a girdle - it'll only splurge out sonewhere else ...

Stamp
680 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 11, 2011 09:23 |  #38

jwcdds wrote in post #12915906 (external link)
You do realize the yellow part that you(?) circled... that's the ribbed edges of the rubber eyepiece, right? That's NOT the dioptic wheel.

Do you own a 7D? If not, then I guess you have ignorance as your defense? The ribbed area provides some friction for you to pinch and remove the rubber eyepiece.

It's no use jwcdds, you, someone else, and myself have already told him that, but he refuses to believe that there is no conspiracy.

1Ds Mark II, 5D Mark III, Canon AE1, Yashica Electro 35, Mamiya RB67, Yashica 124, some lenses with red rings on them, and some flashey things
- My Site (external link) -
- Like It On Facebook (external link) -

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
15,041 posts
Gallery: 1764 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Aug 11, 2011 09:25 |  #39

Stamp wrote in post #12915921 (external link)
It's no use jwcdds, you, someone else, and myself have already told him that, but he refuses to believe that there is no conspiracy.

Oh, well, I guess I missed the other thread. :lol:

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

CanonEOS
THREAD ­ STARTER
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 11, 2011 09:32 |  #40
bannedPermanent ban

Quizzical_Squirrel wrote in post #12915847 (external link)
CanonEOS, in your other thread, post #58, the camera is turned 180 degrees.
That's why the damage looks different - you're comparing the front of the camera to the back of it.
Look at your own camera to confirm the positions of the hotshoe and the buttons.

I didn't change any pictures to 180 degrees and the pictures don't lie it don't matter how you take it I will show you one that I posted before.

In the yellow part and blue part looks different one is all melted and the other is not near the eyeplece;)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Gear List

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Aug 11, 2011 09:34 |  #41

Right, so you have photos of a burned/melted camera. What is the point you are trying to make? I still don't understand what you are trying to point out!!!!

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

mridley
183 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Aug 11, 2011 09:36 as a reply to  @ Mike's post |  #42

HAHA someone has waaaayyyy to much time on their hands bw!

CanonEOS
THREAD ­ STARTER
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 11, 2011 09:36 |  #43
bannedPermanent ban

jwcdds wrote in post #12915906 (external link)

Do you own a 7D? If not, then I guess you have ignorance as your defense? The ribbed area provides some friction for you to pinch and remove the rubber eyepiece. The dioptic adjusting wheel is actually on the upper right portion of your yellow oval... where it's melted.

I do know what I see in the picture that looks strange looks strange to me, I just said it looks like a dioptic wheel i did say it was and no I don't own a 7D but i have many pictures of it from the web and i have seen it in the shop.

I know many of you like Petra Hall.

Gear List

yourdoinitwrong
Goldmember
2,394 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 11, 2011 09:42 as a reply to  @ CanonEOS's post |  #44

You're doing all of this because someone supposedly burnt up two 7D's in an effort to make SanDisk look better? :rolleyes: Seriously?

5D4 w/BG-E20, 24-105 f/4L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 35 f/1.4L, 85 f/1.8, 100 f/2.8L IS Macro, Sigma 50 f/1.4
Full List

CanonEOS
THREAD ­ STARTER
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 11, 2011 09:42 |  #45
bannedPermanent ban

Mike wrote in post #12915999 (external link)
Right, so you have photos of a burned/melted camera. What is the point you are trying to make? I still don't understand what you are trying to point out!!!!

I am know what you are doing i am not silly everyone here understands read my other thread that's a clue.;) and please keep to the OP

Thanks

Gear List

sponsored links

7,931 views & 0 likes for this thread
7D camera investigation
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.