Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 17 Aug 2011 (Wednesday) 00:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

looking to upgrade

LONDON808
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 17, 2011 00:22 |  #1

I have a fair number of camera bodies now (gear list below)

and was looking to add another, im going to buy used but cant decide if i want to get a 20-50D or get a 1d mk ii or a 5d classic, i shoot a lot of portrait type stuff and have just taken a little bit more interest in landscape -

what would you guys recommend

View My Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
crn3371
Cream of the Crop
7,198 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 17, 2011 00:40 |  #2

If it was me, I'd be thinking about upgrading some of my glass, rather than adding to my body collection.

Hard ­ Drive ­ Disk
485 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 17, 2011 00:42 |  #3

crn3371 wrote in post #12949410 (external link)
If it was me, I'd be thinking about upgrading some of my glass, rather than adding to my body collection.

I agree with this, however, I just bought a new body, so maybe I shouldn't talk.

Gear List
I Love ThinkTank
Is It Normal for Me to Have 7 Camera Bags?

Steveod
766 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 17, 2011 00:42 |  #4

crn3371 wrote in post #12949410 (external link)

2nd that

Steveod:shock: 1D Classic,1Ds, 400D. EOS-1n, EOS-5 Minolta Autocord,Yashica-A,Yashica-mat 66 Yashica-mat 124G ,Rolleicord IV & VB ,Mamiya C3,Mamiya C33, and a heap of other gear I keep collecting and collecting,Hi I am Steve and I am a photoholic http://www.flickr.com/​photos/steveod2007/ (external link)

sbattey
Goldmember
1,250 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 17, 2011 00:46 |  #5
bannedPermanent ban

I recommend you upgrade your glass..

A new body isn't going to help you, your t2i already has a capable sensor in it, possibly more capable than the sensor in the 50D and 5Dc.

Canon 7D | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | 430EX II
Blog (external link)

anthony11
Goldmember
2,148 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 17, 2011 00:49 |  #6

sbattey wrote in post #12949436 (external link)
I recommend you upgrade your glass..

A new body isn't going to help you, your t2i already has a capable sensor in it, possibly more capable than the sensor in the 50D and 5Dc.

I'm grasping for a witty quip wrt the op describing his/her bodied as "griped" but not coming up with one.

5D2, 24-105L, 85mm f/1.8, MP960, HG21, crumbling G6+R72, Brownian toddler

LONDON808
THREAD ­ STARTER
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 17, 2011 01:22 |  #7

anthony11 wrote in post #12949452 (external link)
I'm grasping for a witty quip wrt the op describing his/her bodied as "griped" but not coming up with one.

LoL there important, They make my little cameras look more important and as such i can charge more

View My Flickr (external link)

artemisn
426 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 17, 2011 01:47 |  #8

One more vote for more glass - You've got the telephoto and walkaround prime covered, but not so much for wide/ultra-wide or a normal length zoom.

I'm not counting the 18-200 as either of those, sorry. :) If you're going to upgrade, you'll need better than that. Maybe a Tamron 28-75mm, or one of the 24/28-70mm variants?

Also, if you go for a 5Dc, all but two of your lenses are rendered useless on that new body. And on top of that, I don't think you'd get much from upgrading unless you either wanted better ergonomics/build quality (xxD series and above) or a full frame sensor. The T2i's sensor is very powerful. As they say, lens before body.

(Also, anthony was making a pun on your spelling, gripe vs. grip)

Richard
Your friendly neighborhood photographer/organist-in-the-making
www.anvil.cc (external link)

Hard ­ Drive ­ Disk
485 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 17, 2011 01:50 |  #9

Sell 2 of your bodies, most/all of your glass and buy a 7d with a L lens or two. 24-70 and a 70-200

Gear List
I Love ThinkTank
Is It Normal for Me to Have 7 Camera Bags?

anthony11
Goldmember
2,148 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 17, 2011 01:50 |  #10

LONDON808 wrote in post #12949590 (external link)
LoL there important, They make my little cameras look more important and as such i can charge more

Are you baiting me?

5D2, 24-105L, 85mm f/1.8, MP960, HG21, crumbling G6+R72, Brownian toddler

Albert ­ Nam
393 posts
Joined May 2011

Aug 17, 2011 02:08 |  #11

anthony11 wrote in post #12949676 (external link)
Are you baiting me?

Perhaps he is unaware of the distinction between griped and gripped?

Gear
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

913 views & 0 likes for this thread
looking to upgrade
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.