After some shuffling of lenses, bodies, etc. I am stuck at a what to do next dilemma. I've currently got in the bag a 5D and a 50D - along with an 85 1.8 (which I love). Lovely wife says I can now add something to the bag, and after shooting 5 weddings this past summer with a bunch of different combos, I think I've decided to go all primes, however I'm not 100% sold on it.
Here's what I've been looking at:
A. Picking up a Canon 28 1.8, along with the 135L
B. a 35L and keeping the 85 1.8, or selling the 85 1.8 and putting funds towards the 135L
C. a 24-70L, sell off the 85 1.8 and put funds towards the 135L
again, I have both crop/ff bodies, and I've even considered the 24L instead of the 35L, but don't know if I NEED to go that wide, however, I've recently used the 17-40L and stayed right around the 24mm line the whole shoot, on the 5D.
Mainly portrait photos, handful of weddings a year, and occasional sports is where I'm at. Thanks for any advice!