Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Oct 2010 (Thursday) 02:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.

akiwi
Cream of the Crop
6,903 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 18, 2011 01:00 |  #2056

Yes, I also thought it was strange that they are closed on Saturday and open on Sunday.
I guess it is Jewish.
I just bought an ipad, so my wallet echoes when i open or close it. So it is a good time to look around. I think I would be scared to buy anything. Also the IPad is just under the limit of what I can bring back to Germany without paying any import duty. So I can't buy anything.

Peter
www.PeterHansenPhoto.d​e (external link)
Gear:: Canon 7D & 350D :: EF 24-70 F2.8L :: EF-s 17-85:: 50mm 1.8 ::70-200 F4L ::100 F2.8 Macro:: Sigma 10-20 :: 580EX:: Elinchrom studio lights:: loads of other bibs & bobs.

sponsored links
kelstar
Goldmember
1,413 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 18, 2011 01:00 |  #2057

Her_B4 wrote in post #12950038 (external link)
Brilliant!! Thanks all. A wee canonmight be the deal - will see which country has the best deal :-)

Just be aware that while lenses have an international warranty, Canon camera bodies only have a warranty within the country of purchase.

flickr (external link)

Her_B4
180 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 18, 2011 01:06 |  #2058

kelstar wrote in post #12955646 (external link)
Just be aware that while lenses have an international warranty, Canon camera bodies only have a warranty within the country of purchase.

Damn it! Good point ... :cry:

http://wfphotography.b​logspot.com/ (external link)

pleb1024
313 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 18, 2011 10:39 |  #2059

RobDickinson wrote in post #12954947 (external link)
I'm not sure I'd trust myself in B&H!

It's bad enough getting the b&h catalogue in the mail, not sure I would control myself too well physically there ( beyond knowing that I wouldn't pay sales tax if I waited till I got home and ordered online)

7DMkII | 7D | 450D | Canon 18-55 IS | Canon 55-250 | Canon 100-400L MkII | Canon 100-400L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Canon 1.4x TC II | Tokina 11-16
Flickr (external link)

RobDickinson
Goldmember
4,003 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 18, 2011 15:45 |  #2060

The only 'good' thing about B&H is their shipping prices (to NZ) are prohibitive .. :D

Anyone want a 1998 subaru forester?

www.HeroWorkshops.com (external link) - www.rjd.co.nz (external link) - www.zarphag.com (external link)
Gear: A7r, 6D, Irix 15mmf2.4 , canon 16-35f4L, Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5 mk2, Sigma 50mm art, 70-200f2.8L, 400L. Lee filters, iOptron IPano, Emotimo TB3, Markins, Feisol, Novoflex, Sirui. etc.

tim
Light Bringer
50,998 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 18, 2011 16:39 |  #2061

RobDickinson wrote in post #12958886 (external link)
The only 'good' thing about B&H is their shipping prices (to NZ) are prohibitive .. :D

Even paying US$50 for a courier, sometimes big ticket items are cheaper than in NZ. I know when I bought my Nikon gear (D700, 24-70, SB900 in that order) I saved something like $1500 over NZ prices. I think prices in NZ are a bit more competitive now, but buying from the US can still be much cheaper than NZ for some things.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

kelstar
Goldmember
1,413 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 20, 2011 03:13 |  #2062

It looks a little soft, but it was snowing at the time.

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6066/6060983397_705b851674_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/kelstar-nz/6060983397/  (external link)
The Beehive in a Snowstorm (external link) by kelstar* (external link), on Flickr

flickr (external link)

akiwi
Cream of the Crop
6,903 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 21, 2011 06:05 |  #2063

Wow.. I'm here in New York. This city is big. This city is HOT!

Peter
www.PeterHansenPhoto.d​e (external link)
Gear:: Canon 7D & 350D :: EF 24-70 F2.8L :: EF-s 17-85:: 50mm 1.8 ::70-200 F4L ::100 F2.8 Macro:: Sigma 10-20 :: 580EX:: Elinchrom studio lights:: loads of other bibs & bobs.

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Aug 23, 2011 02:02 |  #2064

akiwi wrote in post #12971501 (external link)
Wow.. I'm here in New York. This city is big. This city is HOT!

Damn you get around :) I'm jealous!

Hi everyone! *wave*

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,183 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 23, 2011 04:43 |  #2065

Sancho wrote in post #12983026 (external link)
Hi everyone! *wave*

Hi Mark, good to hear that your still alive.

How's the house prospects?

My MIL sold hers the other day, on the market on the Friday, sold the Monday following, obviously too cheap!!. She's now looking in Blenheim. Couldn't handle the shaking :rolleyes:

Time to hit the hey.

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Aug 25, 2011 01:38 |  #2066

We were looking but gave up as the Ins co pulled the plug on our payout options once the govt brought in their zoning plans :| Seriously mucked us about! We are now awaiting the news in 2-3 weeks of what zone we will be. I've changed my mind so often I now have no idea what zone I'd prefer!

Houses and sections are going crazy, there is a subdivision we went and looked at, there were 56 sections available on the Friday afternoon and 8 left monday morning! Certainly a sellers market.

Have just been crazy with work. Moving everything over to a stystem that manages the stock and sales etc a lot better, hired a wee minion for 20-30 hours a week to get the orders out each day, was a lot more work than I anticipated though but think I'm starting to see the light at the end. Will be good, won't have to shutdown when I want to go on holiday etc now.

Photography is not a happening thing unfortunately, it's been over a year since the 5dII took a shot of anything that wasn't a product intended for the web :( (apart for 1/2 dozen clicks in the snow the other week)

Ohhh, I did buy myself a 55" 3DTV and a PS3 (got the ps3 via flybuys) ... its freakin' awesome :) Had to buy myself something so I'd actually come out out the office each night as with Belinda working till midnight and me having to start around 9am I was doing 15+ hour days. Also joined 2 indoor cricket teams, took up yoga and go visiting friends on a Friday/Saturday night to get me out the house :) Body, mind and soul all starting to feel a lot better for it all :)

Besides a few extra shakes and a 10 day visit to Aus thats pretty much my last 6 months summed up :)

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nz (external link) | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nz (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,998 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 25, 2011 03:35 |  #2067

Hey Mark, do you have any lightweight light stands? The ones I use for speedlites at weddings are almost wrecked. They just need to hold a speedlite and battery pack, and they don't need to go higher than about 2 meters.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.

Sancho
Goldmember
2,767 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Aug 25, 2011 05:37 |  #2068

Hey Tim, probably these puppies will do the job, we sell a tonne of these, pretty much disposeable at this price :)

http://studio-lighting.co.nz …mm-light-stand-p-142.html (external link)

Smurff
332 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 25, 2011 05:56 |  #2069

Sancho wrote in post #12996180 (external link)
Hey Tim, probably these puppies will do the job, we sell a tonne of these, pretty much disposeable at this price :)

Saving this to my bookmarks :D just relised, i bought the 2 7d batterys off you late last night on trademe, did you get my email?

-smurff

tim
Light Bringer
50,998 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 25, 2011 15:53 |  #2070

Sancho wrote in post #12996180 (external link)

Thanks mate, i'll order a couple soon :) Got any hotshoe to 3.5mm mono adapters, to connect my old flashes to my skyports? I'd like to have a spare that's not connected to anything, I rely on them.

sponsored links

2,085,374 views & 1,445 likes for this thread
GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.