Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 13 Aug 2011 (Saturday) 17:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Side effects of photography addiction?

Ranie ­ Dib
408 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 18, 2011 20:34 |  #61

Try www.blurb.com (external link) . You can make your own photobooks there. :) quality is really nice, the only problem is shipping sucks (a bit expensive).

www.raniedib.com (external link)

sponsored links
Hollywoodgt
971 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 18, 2011 22:18 as a reply to  @ Ranie Dib's post |  #62

Ok so is this normal (me being a newbie).....So I got back into photography, yes think about it all the time. Thinking on how to set up lighting for new shots etc. Now really I'm not shooting a lot, more so reading and gathering gear. So my latest buy was a 85mm 1.2L II and now I just came across a 5D MKII brand new for $1800.00 and a guy hurting that needs money and wants to off his Canon EF L IS USM 600 mm F/4.0 for around $5500.00...... Should I seek help lol

www.Jeffreyantonphotog​raphy.com (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/jeffreyanton (external link)
Bodies:5D Infared 5D MK II/5D MKIII 4 Travellites 750R
18=55mm/55-250mm/50mm Ef1.8/70-200 ef2.8L IS II/85mm 1.2L II/24-70mm 2.8L II/16-35mm 2.8L II 2X Ext II
(3) 430EX/(3) remotes/2umbrellas plus assortment of defusers

Carlwashere
THREAD ­ STARTER
330 posts
Joined May 2011

Aug 18, 2011 22:25 |  #63

Yes. At that level its sounding like its starting to get dangerous and impulsive spending. :D
and an 1.8mm is an ultra ultra wide angle! I want to see that angle of view.

-Canon T2i- -Tammy 17-50 non-VC- -50 f1.4- -100 f2.8 macro- -85 f1.8-
-Pentax SP1000- -SMC Takumar 55 f2- -Takumar 28 f3.5- -Vivitar 135 f2.8-

Hollywoodgt
971 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 18, 2011 23:09 |  #64

Carlwashere wrote in post #12960729 (external link)
Yes. At that level its sounding like its starting to get dangerous and impulsive spending. :D
and an 1.8mm is an ultra ultra wide angle! I want to see that angle of view.

Haa 85mm 1.2L II sorry for typo........impulsive sounds so so much fun?

www.Jeffreyantonphotog​raphy.com (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/jeffreyanton (external link)
Bodies:5D Infared 5D MK II/5D MKIII 4 Travellites 750R
18=55mm/55-250mm/50mm Ef1.8/70-200 ef2.8L IS II/85mm 1.2L II/24-70mm 2.8L II/16-35mm 2.8L II 2X Ext II
(3) 430EX/(3) remotes/2umbrellas plus assortment of defusers

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 18, 2011 23:23 |  #65

Hollywoodgt wrote in post #12960690 (external link)
Ok so is this normal (me being a newbie).....So I got back into photography, yes think about it all the time. Thinking on how to set up lighting for new shots etc. Now really I'm not shooting a lot, more so reading and gathering gear. So my latest buy was a 85mm 1.2L II and now I just came across a 5D MKII brand new for $1800.00 and a guy hurting that needs money and wants to off his Canon EF L IS USM 600 mm F/4.0 for around $5500.00...... Should I seek help lol

Well, you better kick up some steam and give that 85/5D2 combo some exercise! And post results in the 85L thread!

As for books, yeah, I've been a fan of good books and have a decent library. I had a real reading passion for quite some time as I began to get "serious" about photography, not to mention Photoshop and then Lightroom.

But, I'll ackgnowledge that the passion has subsided due to personal "stuff" and I have a large pile of unread books beside my bed!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,322 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 19, 2011 07:28 |  #66

Ranie Dib wrote in post #12960112 (external link)
Try www.blurb.com (external link) . You can make your own photobooks there. :) quality is really nice, the only problem is shipping sucks (a bit expensive).

I have seen that site. Yes, shipping is expensive. I have done books in the past with Kodak for family and friends and really like the way they look (except for the last page with the tiny Kodak label on an all white page in the very center).

I forgot that blurb also had a deal where you could do your book in Adobe InDesign and upload it and print it from the InDesign file. My problem is I couldn't figure out how to use InDesign smoothly enough to develop a book.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,322 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 19, 2011 08:16 |  #67

Hmmm. I just saw that they have a Lightroom version. I'll have to check that out. :D

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,322 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 19, 2011 09:44 |  #68

Bummer.. Apparently your file sizes can't be any bigger than 256K? That will degrade the photos quite a bit I think... 6-7 MB down to 256K... Quite some compression going on there. For a $35+ book with 31 photos in it. This is looking worse all the time I think.

03062k3
314 posts
Joined May 2011

Aug 19, 2011 10:15 |  #69

i find more and more that i have the following problem...:rolleyes:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

http://images.piccsy.c​om/cache/image...53-500-690.jpg (external link)

primary: 6D || 17-40/4L || 24-105/4L || 40/2.8 pancake || 70-200/2.8L is
secondary and travel: eos m || ef-m 18-55/3.5-5.6 || ef-m 22/2 pancake || ef-m to ef/ef-s adapter
flashes: speedlite 430ex ii || speedlite 90ex

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 19, 2011 11:44 |  #70

CameraMan wrote in post #12962149 (external link)
I have seen that site. Yes, shipping is expensive. I have done books in the past with Kodak for family and friends and really like the way they look (except for the last page with the tiny Kodak label on an all white page in the very center).

I forgot that blurb also had a deal where you could do your book in Adobe InDesign and upload it and print it from the InDesign file. My problem is I couldn't figure out how to use InDesign smoothly enough to develop a book.

Try Adorama for photo books -- you shouldn't need special software, even with Blurb!

Tony
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Carlwashere
THREAD ­ STARTER
330 posts
Joined May 2011

Aug 19, 2011 12:10 |  #71

Photobooks. This would be the first I've heard of them really. I might make one of my next shoot for kicks. :)

-Canon T2i- -Tammy 17-50 non-VC- -50 f1.4- -100 f2.8 macro- -85 f1.8-
-Pentax SP1000- -SMC Takumar 55 f2- -Takumar 28 f3.5- -Vivitar 135 f2.8-

Ranie ­ Dib
408 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 19, 2011 12:34 |  #72

Use the Color Trade Books. they are really cheap, (cheapest I think) , measures 6x9 inches and has really nice quality, I was surprised actually. very good especially for BW. I never experienced that limit, but then again I used their Booksmart program (no idea how yo use indesign). :D

www.raniedib.com (external link)

spider87
224 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Aug 19, 2011 13:33 |  #73

I thought this was a good one. So, last night, we were visiting my parents' house and my mom was demo'ing how safe one of those ab rollers is (because they made me nervous) and injured her lip. My dad was at work and her lip was split pretty bad so I ended up driving her to the hospital. We took her car. Half way there, I suddenly realized that I had grabbed my camera bag on the way out the door and put it in the back seat lol. Not completely sure what I was expecting pictures of (didn't get any) but inadvertently bringing your camera everywhere seems to be a side effect to me.

That and seeing everything as a studio tool. Snapped this in the hospital room with my cell phone:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Thought that was pretty sweet. The picture doesn't quite do the size of the thing justice (it was massive). However, the light coming off of it wasn't as impressive as I had hoped.

EDIT: For the record, she is fine. She got 5 stitches in her lip but all is well.

My gallery (external link)
Gear: Canon Rebel T5i & Canon Rebel XT|Canon 18-55mm IS STM Kit lens f3.5-5.6|Canon 70-300mm f4-5.6|Canon 50mm f1.8 (Finally!)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 19, 2011 14:02 |  #74

Heh! Speaking of which, my daughter (who also enjoys photography) injured herself back in March of '08 and decided that we needed a photographic record of things (and of course I was appointed as the official photog) so, starting in the hospital,

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Tony

spider87
224 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Aug 19, 2011 14:20 |  #75

Yikes! How'd she manage that one?

My gallery (external link)
Gear: Canon Rebel T5i & Canon Rebel XT|Canon 18-55mm IS STM Kit lens f3.5-5.6|Canon 70-300mm f4-5.6|Canon 50mm f1.8 (Finally!)

sponsored links

8,229 views & 0 likes for this thread
Side effects of photography addiction?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.