Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 20 Aug 2011 (Saturday) 18:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

To good to be true battery grip?

Pheobe
60 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 20, 2011 18:05 |  #1

i bought this on amazon from new harbor, so far the customer service stinks i dont think i will recieve it on time so i was thinking of canceling ad reodering since they cannot upgrade the shipping speed anyone have any experience with them?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I love all photos, portraits, photographs, images, art, even my iPhone pix!
Canon 60D, 30D, G-11 and my little iPhone :)

sponsored links
bdp23
471 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 20, 2011 20:01 |  #2

So... what's too good to be true about it?

I like making photos and sometimes I think I'm getting better... then I realise it doesn't matter. I like making photos!

Pheobe
THREAD ­ STARTER
60 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 20, 2011 20:21 |  #3

Oh sorry, the price was only 33.00. I know there are aftermarket grips much cheaper than canon but didnt know how low they go. I am cureous if anyone else has dealt with the seller as well. I need it now.

P51Mstg
Goldmember
1,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 20, 2011 20:41 as a reply to  @ Pheobe's post |  #4

I had an aftermarket for the 50D that the spring was so weak on the door, it would pop open and the batteries fell out. I sent it back and bought a real Canon........ So I got stuck for shipping it back too.

I'm sure for 20% of what Canon charges this one is of similar quality (to Canon of course)....

Mark H

Too Much Camera Stuff......

Pheobe
THREAD ­ STARTER
60 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 21, 2011 01:02 as a reply to  @ P51Mstg's post |  #5

uggh... good thing I won't stress if it only makes it for a one time use. I was just gandering over the different views of it, and it is Meike. i think I heard good things about that brand when I searched. going back to look again.

aegid
506 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 21, 2011 01:29 |  #6

My Meike grip for t2i has been doing well. Zero problems whatsoever. You'll receive it in whatever time period they've got stated.

5d3,17-40,24-105,24 1.4,85 1.4,70-200 2.8 is ii

Lotto
Goldmember
2,738 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 21, 2011 02:20 |  #7

I got one for the 7D for $29. Amazon estimated the shipping day to be 5-21 days, I thought they might be shipping it straight from China. I got it on the 5th day. It's plastic, but everything functions as they should, including the battery indicator. So far I am happy with it, especially for the price. Here's couple pictures..

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

5D, 24-105L, 70-200L IS, 85mm Art, Godox

Pheobe
THREAD ­ STARTER
60 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 21, 2011 02:25 as a reply to  @ Lotto's post |  #8

Sweeeet :D Do you remember the name of the seller? that is a nice looking grip!

I want to insure that I get it here, what I am thinking of doing is keep trying to cancel my order through new harbor and reorder it with expedite shipping. But then New Harbor said it won't go out of their store until the 23rd. I am so stressed! I want this grip, I want it now! LoL I am normally not impatient but it will help alot since I have been having alot of trouble with my right arm, I need the vertical button, badly. The worst part, I would be happy if I just had it for ONE DAY. After that I would only pout if it broke unless it took my baby with it.

aegid
506 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 21, 2011 02:37 |  #9

You should have just gotten it from Amazon itself then. It's $38.43 and if you have Amazon Prime you would get it on Tuesday. If you don't have Prime it'd be 3-5 days depending on your proximity to an Amazon warehouse.

Pheobe
THREAD ­ STARTER
60 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 21, 2011 02:47 as a reply to  @ aegid's post |  #10

none of the items that I ordered that day is coming from Amazon themselves. I had 5 different items, 5 different sellers and this NEW HARBOR emailed me saying it won't be shipped until Tuesday from NJ, to WA state. I have no idea what Amazon Prime is and since I did all this at work sneaking around on my iphone app I didn't see the shipping options and prices, actually i don't even think it was an option. So everything now says 7-14 business days. I bought a power pack for the flash, that has shipped so I imaging it will be here on time that is the only that sounds promising at the moment, 1 out of 5 items ordered.

Pheobe
THREAD ­ STARTER
60 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 21, 2011 02:53 |  #11

I just re-read your post, I didn't know you could purchase anything straight from amazon unless they are listed as the seller.

aegid
506 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 21, 2011 03:04 |  #12

In this case the 60D grip for $38.43 says "Sold by New Harbor and Fulfilled by Amazon." The important part is to look for "Fulfilled by Amazon." That means it comes from their warehouses. Amazon Prime gives you free 2 day shipping for everything you buy that comes from their warehouses. They have free 3 month trials for moms and caregivers. You can also get free months for students with .edu email addresses.

Pheobe
THREAD ­ STARTER
60 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 21, 2011 03:10 as a reply to  @ aegid's post |  #13

thank you for the tips. I am going to look into that. I have only bought there a few times randomly over the years. I am normally a die hard B&H kind of gal but I went on the wild side.:neutral:

denizen_9
37 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 22, 2011 01:07 |  #14

aegid wrote in post #12971076 (external link)
My Meike grip for t2i has been doing well. Zero problems whatsoever. You'll receive it in whatever time period they've got stated.

is the Meike grip for t2i w/ lcd?? if it's not too much to ask, can u post a pic of it??

check link:

http://www.amazon.com …TF8&qid=1313993​016&sr=8-2 (external link)

what's the difference w/ lcd and w/o lcd???

thanks

denizen
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/denizen_9/ (external link)

aegid
506 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 22, 2011 02:52 |  #15

I haves the one you linked to. No LCD. I believe the ones with LCD have intervalometers so you can do time lapse.

sponsored links

1,878 views & 0 likes for this thread
To good to be true battery grip?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.