Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Aug 2011 (Sunday) 15:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

So why all the hate for the T3

Thurman
245 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 21, 2011 15:14 |  #1

I bought my Canon EOS Rebel T3 (NOT THE T3i) about a month ago and to my eyes it takes decent quality pictures. The only time it takes crappy photos is when I mess up. Everyone here seems to bash it, someone even recommended a Nikon over the T3, why? Is it because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of more expensive models? Because it has a plastic body? To me none of those things matter, a camera takes pictures, correct? If it takes quality pictures then why bash it? I'm not saying its as good as DSLR's that cost over 1500 dollars but for a little over 500 dollars I think it does a good job at doing what a camera should do and that's take good quality pictures.

Canon EOS Rebel T4i|18-55mm|50mm|55-250mm

sponsored links
HeaTransfer
554 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 21, 2011 15:28 |  #2

It's a great camera. Don't worry. Be happy. Take photos.

Pretty much any modern DSLR is capable of so much, such as usable exposures at ISO 3200, that would have been unheard of a decade ago.

kokakaste2
Goldmember
3,546 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 21, 2011 15:42 |  #3

HeaTransfer wrote in post #12973383 (external link)
Pretty much any modern DSLR is capable of so much, such as usable exposures at ISO 3200, that would have been unheard of a decade ago.

+1 to that. Most DSLRs are more than what average person will need.

Oskar (Oscar) - stuff I use- Flickr (external link) - My Facebook page (external link) :)

Osa713
Goldmember
1,387 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 21, 2011 16:41 |  #4

There is alot of camera hate on this forum. :-) Most people are gear heads and they hate everything thats not expensive. Take pics and be happy

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

MilesW
240 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 21, 2011 16:43 |  #5

If you bought it and it does the job for you why even comment on what others may think??

20D Canon EFS 17-85IS, 70-2001:4 L IS, Macro 100 F2.8, Canon 50 1.4Canon ext EF 1.4X II

Citizen_Insane
453 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 21, 2011 16:45 |  #6

Omg it's not a 5d2 it must suck!!

...don't listen to the haters.

Gear
Flickr (external link)

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 21, 2011 16:46 |  #7

I think you might be misinterpreting "not the best buy" for hate. I think it is a great camera. However the T1i and T2i beat it in virtually every regard and are available for similar prices.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

RHChan84
Goldmember
2,320 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 21, 2011 16:56 |  #8

People hate the 60D as well. As long as you love what you have, don't worry about what others think.

Canon (60D Gripped | 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS | 40mm f2.8 | 50mm f1.8 | 70-200 F4L IS| 430 EXII)
Tamron (17-50 f2.8 VC)
Feedback
Facebook (external link)

flickr (external link)

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 21, 2011 23:02 |  #9

RHChan84 wrote in post #12973740 (external link)
People hate the 60D as well. As long as you love what you have, don't worry about what others think.

Again, I think you guys are just being too sensitive about criticism against your camera. THere are things worse about the 60D when compared to the 50D. So people mention that. It doesn't mean they think the 60D is a poor camera or that the hate it. This section of the site is for discussing gear. If we did nothing but praise there would be nothing to discuss.

Canon doesn't make a terrible camera. I think 99% of the people of this forum would freely admit that you can take excellent photos with any of them. But that doesn't mean there isn't anything to be improved or that we wish certain models had slightly different specs or price points.

Taylor

Thurman
THREAD ­ STARTER
245 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 21, 2011 23:09 |  #10

MilesW wrote in post #12973681 (external link)
If you bought it and it does the job for you why even comment on what others may think??

Because the way people talk about it, makes me think that I shouldn't have bought it.

tkbslc wrote in post #12975735 (external link)
Again, I think you guys are just being too sensitive about criticism against your camera. THere are things worse about the 60D when compared to the 50D. So people mention that. It doesn't mean they think the 60D is a poor camera or that the hate it. This section of the site is for discussing gear. If we did nothing but praise there would be nothing to discuss.

Canon doesn't make a terrible camera. I think 99% of the people of this forum would freely admit that you can take excellent photos with any of them. But that doesn't mean there isn't anything to be improved or that we wish certain models had slightly different specs or price points.

So basically people are nit picking the camera to pieces and then deciding via a group think that a certain camera isn't good because it lacks what other camera's have even though that camera can take excellent photos.

Dooms_day
509 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 21, 2011 23:14 |  #11

The 60D is the best video SLR out right now, dunno why anyone would hate it.

Also all dSLRs are great cameras in the hands of the right person. I'm using a 7 year old camera and it does the job nicely, I don't need the latest and greatest.

Canon EOS-1D mk ii + 70-200 4.0 USM L + Sigma 28-70mm 2.8-4 + Nifty 50
500px (external link) - Google+ (external link)

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 21, 2011 23:24 |  #12

Thurman wrote in post #12975782 (external link)
So basically people are nit picking the camera to pieces and then deciding via a group think that a certain camera isn't good because it lacks what other camera's have even though that camera can take excellent photos.

"isn't good" was never said or implied. People are saying not quite as good. I am sorry that makes you upset. People should at least know the facts when they are comparing cameras, so they are told when they ask.

Taylor

Thurman
THREAD ­ STARTER
245 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 22, 2011 00:13 |  #13

tkbslc wrote in post #12975847 (external link)
"isn't good" was never said or implied. People are saying not quite as good. I am sorry that makes you upset. People should at least know the facts when they are comparing cameras, so they are told when they ask.

Oh come on, when people recommend another camera over the T3 or any camera for that matter it makes it look like the camera isn't good at all. I've seen some of the comments and jokes about the T3 coming from this forum.Someone said the person that would get the T3 is the same person that would get a 69 dollar tripod, what does that imply to you?

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,323 posts
Gallery: 512 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 22, 2011 00:23 |  #14

tkbslc wrote in post #12973695 (external link)
I think you might be misinterpreting "not the best buy" for hate. I think it is a great camera. However the T1i and T2i beat it in virtually every regard and are available for similar prices.

+1, The T3's issue is just price vs performance and features

And vs the D3100, i personally think its overall a nicer camera with the best IQ in the class, it also has a fairly nice AF system with more points....

I do not hate the T3, i think its fine, I just think that if someone is going to plonk down their money on a new camera, I would probably recommend the D3100 for a couple reasons over it (besides the fact i feel the D3100 is a better buy, its also the fact Nikon now has a trifecta of cheapo primes the beginning photographer can easily afford, ie, the 35mm f/1.8G, 50mm f/1.8G and 45mm f/2.8G Macro) but I'd also say the more important thing is ergonomics, so pick which feels better in your hand...

But again, you have the T3, so dont let people get to you about it, tis a good camera, Now go out and take some pictures with it that make Nikon fanboys cry

Gear, New and Old! RAW Club Member
Wanted: 70-200. Time and good health
Deviantart (external link)
Flickr (This is where my good stuff is!) (external link)

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,323 posts
Gallery: 512 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 22, 2011 00:24 |  #15

Thurman wrote in post #12976105 (external link)
Oh come on, when people recommend another camera over the T3 or any camera for that matter it makes it look like the camera isn't good at all. I've seen some of the comments and jokes about the T3 coming from this forum.Someone said the person that would get the T3 is the same person that would get a 69 dollar tripod, what does that imply to you?

That the person who pays $69 for a tripod is an idiot

Everyone knows you can get a good tripod for $29!

Gear, New and Old! RAW Club Member
Wanted: 70-200. Time and good health
Deviantart (external link)
Flickr (This is where my good stuff is!) (external link)

sponsored links

8,536 views & 0 likes for this thread
So why all the hate for the T3
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.