Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 21 Aug 2011 (Sunday) 11:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Just a heads up to anyone about cleaning lenses

Colors
104 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Aug 21, 2011 11:43 |  #1

So I just bought a new pack of Zeiss pre-moistened lens cloths to clean my lenses (didn't want to use my eclipse fluid and pecpads). In my opinion, eclipse fluids and pecpads win over this product hands down.

They evaporate instantly and leave no hazy residue or streak marks whatsoever, while the Zeiss cloths (actually papers) are rather mediocre. And yes I am cleaning my lenses correctly.

Note: These zeiss cloths are nice for cleaning the exterior of cameras and lenses though.

Gear List

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 21, 2011 23:23 |  #2

Where did you purchase them? I have had real good luck with the Zeiss cleaning cloths I have bought from B&H as they come in a kit with the premoistened cloths and microfiber cloths. They do a very good job of cleaning and leave no residue. Now the ones I bought off Ebay were a different story. Those leave a residue and haze that is hard to wipe off. Even though they say they are Carl Zeiss lens cleaning cloths I have always wondered if they were a different formulation for lenses other than camera lenses or maybe they're just knock offs.

Rand

Gear

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,490 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 21, 2011 23:54 |  #3

I got a box of 200 Zeiss lens wipes on Amazon for cleaning eyeglasses. They do evaporate quickly, but not so quickly that they're hard to use. They're actually quite wet out of the wrapper and would leave some spotting if left to evaporate so I just continue to rub as it dries out so that only a very thin layer of moisture is left to evaporate.

Frugal
784 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 22, 2011 00:37 as a reply to  @ mike_d's post |  #4

For me Zeiss lens wipes are great albeit expensive. They start out wet and evaporate so you are finishing up with a lens tissue. No residue.

Richard
Gear

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

918 views & 0 likes for this thread
Just a heads up to anyone about cleaning lenses
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.