Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Aug 2011 (Tuesday) 23:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Will the 7D cause Canon to go bankrupt?

TheBurningCrown
Goldmember
4,882 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 21, 2011 13:28 |  #166

maverick678 wrote in post #12972186 (external link)
yes 5D II is cleaner but it can't focus what does it good for :lol: :lol:.

Now that is a trolling statement ;).

-Dave
Gear List & Feedback
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
delhi
Goldmember
2,483 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 21, 2011 19:09 |  #167

TheBurningCrown wrote in post #12972869 (external link)
Now that is a trolling statement ;).

Don't mind the nikon fanboys harping on the sole weakness of the 5d2 (even though center-pt AF is excellent) knowing full well they lust for the MP and hdslr to feel better. Oh isn't it time for Nikon to venture out towards the edge instead of clustering all the x-type points instead of clustering around the center? ;)

Vancouver Portrait Photographer (external link)
No toys. Just tools. (external link) :lol:

5d3/1dx AF Guidebook | What AF Points to use for my 5d3/1dx?! (external link)

Thurman
245 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 21, 2011 19:14 |  #168

Meh, people hate on my camera all the time, if you do a search in this forum is nothing but threads stating you shouldn't get it and there's better camera's, sounds like the same thing is going on with the 7D. As long as it takes great pictures there shouldn't be much to complain about.

Canon EOS Rebel T4i|18-55mm|50mm|55-250mm

Steel ­ Panther
25 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 21, 2011 19:28 |  #169

I used to have a EOS 1n, then I got away from photography as a hobby for a long time. Picked up a point and shoot just to have a camera, never could get into it. Was looking at the 5D II and the 7D. Decided on the 7D based on some features it had that I liked. Honestly it is a lot better camera than I am a photographer. I feel more at home with it than a point and shoot and think I'll appreciate the pop up flash of the 7D more than the full frame sensor of the 5D II for hobby shooting. Got a chance to take some pics with it this weekend, I really like it. Nothing shoots like a Canon :)

5x5 ­ photography
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,156 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 21, 2011 19:58 |  #170

Lone Rider wrote in post #12971612 (external link)
Theres one of three reasons this thread was started in the first place:

1. Trolling
2. OP's frustration from not knowing how to use the 7D
3. A third agenda we're not aware of to criticise one of Canons best cameras

I reckon you have no idea about what is going on in this thread and instead of reading a few posts to educate yourself you made assumptions.

1. If I was a troll would I of waited this long to begin trolling?
2. I am making a living with a 7D and have a great understanding of how it works.
3. Again, you obviously did not read the thread or attempt to understand.

I think this is a problem with a lot of internet forums, folks read just a few lines of the initial post, form an opinion under assumptions, and post their thoughts. So why don't you go back and read the thread, contribute, or not.

My firearms review site. http://rangehot.com/ (external link)

5x5 ­ photography
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,156 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 21, 2011 20:00 |  #171

maverick678 wrote in post #12972186 (external link)
None of those I'm afraid :p. Op just concerned about many threads related to 7D noise, blah blah blah.

This is exactly the point.

rayman102
404 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 21, 2011 23:24 |  #172

Put it this way, if you just need an APS-C camera to take family pictures, some still macro photography, with some landscape and sports thrown in there, get a T3i or 60D. The picture quality should be the same as the 7D and cost less. If you need fast 8FPS shooting, rugged weather resistance body, 19 point AF with outstanding Al servo tracking, then the 7D is your camera. The 7D is doing what it is intended to do.

Canon 5d Mark II / EF 24mm f/1.4 IIL / EF 70-200mm f/4 ISL / EF 16-35mm f/4 ISL / EF 24-70mm f/2.8 IIL

mangrovedutch
522 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 22, 2011 03:43 |  #173

G'day all, I want to say thank you to all of you for your input. I asked the question regarding its softness, IQ and noise issues in another thread, and frankly, I was put off by most of the comments. I had a choice to make whether to go with the 7D and 5D mkII, so I asked the question. I wanted to get a rugged and weather proof body ad these were my options. Some comments were very critical of the 7D, almost making me believe that this was Canon's big mistake. After reading this thread, I regained my confidence in the 7D, so much so that it's now on the cards that I will get a 7D (looking at a second hand one tomorrow). The positive contributors to this thread have highlighted the great camera this is, I've come to believe that "A bad Tradesman always blames his tools". A big thank you to all, I will join the 7D family (if you'll have me LOL).

Regards, Dutch

Delija
Goldmember
1,095 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 22, 2011 04:30 |  #174

mangrovedutch wrote in post #12976617 (external link)
Some comments were very critical of the 7D, almost making me believe that this was Canon's big mistake. After reading this thread, I regained my confidence in the 7D, so much so that it's now on the cards that I will get a 7D.......

I've come to believe that "A bad Tradesman always blames his tools". A big thank you to all, I will join the 7D family (if you'll have me LOL).

Regards, Dutch

You won't be disappointed - it's a great camera and certainly more capable than 99.999999% of those who criticize it. Eh...Make it 100%

- I don't count "pixel peepers" or the "IQ obsessed" as serious photographers - As the OP said, it's about "technique, skill and creativity" - Never has been about the equipment as has been proved countless times.

Wow, what a nice picture! You must have a really great camera!

5x5 ­ photography
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,156 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 22, 2011 18:06 |  #175

mangrovedutch wrote in post #12976617 (external link)
G'day all, I want to say thank you to all of you for your input. I asked the question regarding its softness, IQ and noise issues in another thread, and frankly, I was put off by most of the comments. I had a choice to make whether to go with the 7D and 5D mkII, so I asked the question. I wanted to get a rugged and weather proof body ad these were my options. Some comments were very critical of the 7D, almost making me believe that this was Canon's big mistake. After reading this thread, I regained my confidence in the 7D, so much so that it's now on the cards that I will get a 7D (looking at a second hand one tomorrow). The positive contributors to this thread have highlighted the great camera this is, I've come to believe that "A bad Tradesman always blames his tools". A big thank you to all, I will join the 7D family (if you'll have me LOL).
Regards, Dutch

Dutch, this is the reason I started this thread. I am a member of a local photographer/video community and many of the professionals there shoot stills and video on the 7D and all are happy. There are also many who shoot the 5D MKII and there is no where the animosity between the 7D and 5D owners that there is in this forum. I was afraid of all those folks tearing the 7D apart would generate falsehoods and rumors and turn many people off to a great camera.
I want to stress that is it not so much the body, as a matter of fact when it comes to a DLSR I count the body last behind skill level, lighting, and glass. I have worked with professional photographers that have taken excellent images with a G9. I shutter to think what the pixel peepers would say about that. While they are going through their images at 200% and shooting test charts the rest of us are enjoying our gear and making a living with said gear.

Trique ­ Daddi
Goldmember
1,091 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 22, 2011 18:52 |  #176

[A bad Tradesman always blames his tools".

Love that quote! My purpose for a camera is to take photos to help preserve memories. Some just want to discuss a particular camera body's technical strengths and weaknesses. Learn to use what you have and do your research when you upgrade but go out and shoot!

Canon 7DMKII,7D 40D, 20D, CANON 100-400mm IS 4.5/5.6L, Canon 70-200mm 2.8L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 macro, Kenko Extension Tubes, Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS, 580EX II Flash,Gittos MH 5580 monopod, Thinktank Airport Takeoff.

kcbrown
Cream of the Crop
5,384 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Aug 22, 2011 19:07 |  #177

Delija wrote in post #12976706 (external link)
You won't be disappointed - it's a great camera and certainly more capable than 99.999999% of those who criticize it. Eh...Make it 100%

- I don't count "pixel peepers" or the "IQ obsessed" as serious photographers - As the OP said, it's about "technique, skill and creativity" - Never has been about the equipment as has been proved countless times.

The equipment can make the job easier or harder. The good equipment makes it easier, while the bad equipment makes it harder. And, of course, that's all relative, too. There's no perfect equipment out there (no, not even the 1D4!).

"There are some things that money can't buy, but they aren't Ls and aren't worth having" -- Shooter-boy
Canon: 2 x 7D, Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 OS, 55-250 IS, Sigma 8-16, 24-105L, Sigma 50/1.4, other assorted primes, and a 430EX.
Nikon: D750, D600, 24-85 VR, 50 f/1.8G, 85 f/1.8G, Tamron 24-70 VC, Tamron 70-300 VC.

kbar7285
130 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 22, 2011 19:27 |  #178

I see a lot of this nonsense in my business( construction). There are guys out there that can go on and on about how Fein is better than Porter Cable, and how the rpm's of a Festool router is better suited for oak than pine. Problem is, that none, and I mean none of them know how to make money. What little they make, they spend on buying better tools.
there are those on this forum that go on and on about pixels, and AF speed etc. It gets old, fast. If you don't like a particular lens or camera, don't buy it and if you own it and don't like it. Sell it.
There is nothing worse than a know it all.
Normally, if I see a post that I know is going in that direction, I just won't read it. But lately it has become unavoidable. Especially the crap about the 7D.

Al

r34p3rex
192 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Aug 23, 2011 11:37 |  #179

nepali wrote in post #12908049 (external link)
I'm very happy with my 7D! I love the AF system so much that I have not even thought of 5D2. The only time I will even think about upgrading is when a full-frame gets released with 7D's AF system (in a non 1-series body).

5D3!!! I've been thinking about going with the 5D2.. but after playing with my uncle's 7D AF system.. I don't think I could go back

Gripped 5DII | 24-105 f/4L | 70-200 f/2.8L | Sigma 180mm f/3.5 Macro | 430EX II
AB800 | YN-602RF | Vagabond Mini
My Feedback (on other sites): Overclock.net (external link) | Pbnation (external link)

mangrovedutch
522 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 23, 2011 17:12 |  #180

All this hype about the 5D mkIII !!!! Is it even happening, I've looked everywhere and can't find anything about Canon's next release. It sounds to me like a lot are waiting for it, what is essentially a non existent product. You might be waiting quite some time, and if it comes - WILL YOU BE HAPPY ??? I'm sure that it will be picked to pieces, just like the 7D.

Regards, Dutch

sponsored links

31,669 views & 0 likes for this thread
Will the 7D cause Canon to go bankrupt?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.