Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 27 Jul 2011 (Wednesday) 15:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Best Buy Geek Squad plans?

dmbpettit
370 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 23, 2011 14:54 |  #31

isoMorphic wrote in post #12983119 (external link)
How many other retailers only give secret discounts only to customers that know about them?

Best Buy customers are the stupids who don't realize how far they are getting bent over at the door. I bet if most people quit paying for black tie plans, ridiculous PC repair costs and $80 monster cables then Best Buy would end up like Circuit City. Unfortunately most people tend to think overpaying to gain rewards points so they can obtain more overpriced products = real savings.

What do you mean secret discounts? I was referring to the employees who choose to NOT take care of the customer or don't fully understand the procedures. What did I say that made you think about 'secret discounts'?

Body: 5DMKIII
Lenses: 17-40L, 24-70L, EF 50 1.4, EF 85 1.8, EF 70-200 F4 L, Lens Baby
Flash: 2x Canon 430EX
www.brianpettitphotogr​aphy.com (external link)

sponsored links
isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 23, 2011 19:12 |  #32

I am saying the employees of Best Buy are different from other stores. When i go to Walmart or Target nobody is trying to pull the wool over my eyes. When i go to Best Buy the sales associates try to push overpriced products that consumers don't need. And the associates are more or less rewarded for screwing customers by co-hearsing them to buy things they would not have bought otherwise.

There is no way being an employee that you don't know about the discounts that managers are able to give when pressured. I bought many things at discount and i've even gotten discounts on some sale items. Some managers will only discount if you spend a certain amount in that store while others allow the associates to cut deals. I have even had employees open boxes and get me open box price on things because the manager was such a prick.

I wont shop at Best Buy anymore and hope others do the same considering there are much better alternatives. There are even companies who actually honor their service plans without hassle. Where as Best Buy lets the customers fate rest in the hands of store managers to decide. Sometimes the manager cares genuinely about customers but most look at purchase history to see if it's actually worth keeping you as a customer.

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,391 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 24, 2011 14:02 |  #33

Most employees at Walmart and Target really don't give a rat's behind if you buy anything or not. Shoot, they sometimes act annoyed if they have to get up and unlock a display case for you.

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback
Equipment For Sale: Canon PowerShot A95

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 24, 2011 15:20 |  #34

photoguy6405 wrote in post #12992122 (external link)
Most employees at Walmart and Target really don't give a rat's behind if you buy anything or not. Shoot, they sometimes act annoyed if they have to get up and unlock a display case for you.

I'd rather give money to a street bum rather then a used car salesman.

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,391 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 24, 2011 15:33 |  #35

isoMorphic wrote in post #12992561 (external link)
I'd rather give money to a street bum rather then a used car salesman.

:p Strangely enough, I understand that.

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback
Equipment For Sale: Canon PowerShot A95

Agent ­ 655
98 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 25, 2011 12:53 |  #36

isoMorphic wrote in post #12987516 (external link)
There is no way being an employee that you don't know about the discounts that managers are able to give when pressured. I bought many things at discount and i've even gotten discounts on some sale items. Some managers will only discount if you spend a certain amount in that store while others allow the associates to cut deals. I have even had employees open boxes and get me open box price on things because the manager was such a prick.

So it is the store's fault that some people don't ask for a discount? I guess you have never paid less than full sticker price on a new car then!

What shocks me more is that some people would spend thousands and NOT try to get the price knocked down a bit!

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,458 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 25, 2011 22:28 |  #37

I worked for Best Buy and yes, they'll screw you over. Duh, they're a retail business! I won't get into any more detail as much has already been said.

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 25, 2011 23:17 |  #38

_aravena wrote in post #13001291 (external link)
Duh, they're a retail business!

So is B&H, Adorama, Amazon, Newegg and lots of other places that have made Best Buy the Worst Buy possible. The big difference is all of those are honest, respectful and go above and beyond without making customers blow the manager. They also don't jack the prices by 50% and then slash the price by 40% and pretend to be having a huge sale.

At one time Best Buy was a great company that valued customers and offered fair and honest prices. Everything changed when Circuit City went under. The inventory shrank, quality dropped to Walmart standards, prices got jacked up and Geek Squad was dressed up to look like a professional PC repair biz. Being an employee you know as well as i that half the people who work in those stores can barely wipe themselves.

sponsored links

4,012 views & 0 likes for this thread
Best Buy Geek Squad plans?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.