Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 24 Aug 2011 (Wednesday) 10:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My current website

Chad ­ R.
214 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 24, 2011 10:00 |  #1

Maybe you guys can give me some feedback on the site. Its not 100% complete. I still need to add more of my work and a photo in my about page. I may tweak some buttons and what not. But overall I am finished. Just looking for some C&C.

The URL is http://www.chadmichael​sphotography.com (external link)

Thanks

They say you are what you eat. Funny, I don't remember eating a sexy beast.

sponsored links
Frugal
784 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 24, 2011 18:53 |  #2

If your business is portraits, lose the rock-waterfall tunnel thing on the home page and put some people pictures there.

If it's fine art, lose the rock-waterfall tunnel thing... etc

Richard
Gear

NewHorizonPhoto
180 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 24, 2011 19:54 |  #3

Overall the site looks good. However I think you should tweak the "Bevel and Emboss" settings for the word "photography" in your logo. The shadows on the letters look a bit chunky IMO. (Look at the letters P H R A Y) Minor...I know.

I found the wording of your "guarentee" section to be a bit confusing. Perhaps consider re-writing parts of it to make it flow a bit better.

I had a hard time understanding exactly what you photograph. Are you a portrait photographer? Do you do weddings? Do you do commercial work? I would make it a bit clearer. Also I would recommend listing at least a starting price for your services.

Lastly, where are you located? Someone that finds you via a search engine will be curious to know.

Chad ­ R.
THREAD ­ STARTER
214 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 25, 2011 07:48 |  #4

NewHorizonPhoto wrote in post #12994107 (external link)
Overall the site looks good. However I think you should tweak the "Bevel and Emboss" settings for the word "photography" in your logo. The shadows on the letters look a bit chunky IMO. (Look at the letters P H R A Y) Minor...I know.

I found the wording of your "guarentee" section to be a bit confusing. Perhaps consider re-writing parts of it to make it flow a bit better.

I had a hard time understanding exactly what you photograph. Are you a portrait photographer? Do you do weddings? Do you do commercial work? I would make it a bit clearer. Also I would recommend listing at least a starting price for your services.

Lastly, where are you located? Someone that finds you via a search engine will be curious to know.

Great suggestions. Thanks, I will really take those into consideration. I mentioned some of that stuff in my site but I guess at first glance it doesn't stand out. What i'm taking away from it is be more specific as to what I do, clarify the guarantee and improve the header graphic with my name. Thanks!

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,354 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Aug 25, 2011 15:39 |  #5

Your "logo" looks blurry to me. I no it isn't, but....

Images in the Backcountry (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

ThatJamesGuy
270 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 26, 2011 01:14 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

it looks really blurry to me too..not like OOF blurry, but like "I didn't know that pitcher of ice tea that I just chugged had a 40 of vodka in it" blurry..

Body: 1D Mark II
Lenses: 24-70 2.8 L, 70-200 4 L
Flash: 430 EX

NewHorizonPhoto
180 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 26, 2011 15:18 |  #7

Bringing in the drop shadow closer to the text will clean up the logo and make it a bit less "blurry"

Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,354 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Aug 26, 2011 16:10 |  #8

NewHorizonPhoto wrote in post #13005038 (external link)
Bringing in the drop shadow closer to the text will clean up the logo and make it a bit less "blurry"

...or drop all of the Photoshop styles (embossing, drop shadows etc) all together. ;)

Images in the Backcountry (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

Cypther
147 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 26, 2011 18:50 |  #9

I agree with what others have said "lose the rock-waterfall tunnel thing on the home page". Also your portfolio, it just seems like random photos are place in the top for no reason. You need to separate your portrait, weddings, engagements, candid. It's like having your architecture photography mix in your wedding photography to show off your wedding photography.

Lakyla.com (external link)
5D Mark II | EF 16-35 II f/2.8 L | EF 35 f/1.4 L | EF 85 f/1.2 II L | EF 135 f/2.0 L | 2x 600EX-RT

travsirocz
189 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 29, 2011 12:36 |  #10

Your business card logo rocks. Why not use that on your site header?

Dewitz Photography | Eau Claire, WI Portrait Photographer (external link)
Commercial Photography Company | Eau Claire, WI Commercial Photographer (external link)
The Boudoir | Eau Claire, WI Boudoir Photographers (external link)
My Blaze Orange Deer Hunting Culture Book (external link)
$10 discount code for ProPhoto Photography Blog/Website (external link) TDEW2869
Travis Dewitz

Chad ­ R.
THREAD ­ STARTER
214 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 29, 2011 13:47 |  #11

travsirocz wrote in post #13019208 (external link)
Your business card logo rocks. Why not use that on your site header?

Ha ha, thanks. I actually did, but the colors were changed. If I can find the text file I will see what it looks like.

winam
Goldmember
1,942 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Aug 29, 2011 13:58 |  #12

Lobve your website. Where did you host it?

Canon EOS 650D, Canon EOS 1000d, SIGMA DG 18-250m, Canon 18-55mm
http://www.rene-photography.de/ (external link)
Please take a look at my Review for the awesome Daminion Server DAM-System (external link)

Chad ­ R.
THREAD ­ STARTER
214 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 30, 2011 08:56 |  #13

Gee thanks. I have it hosted with Hostgator. I like them.

Chad ­ R.
THREAD ­ STARTER
214 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 30, 2011 12:50 |  #14

NewHorizonPhoto wrote in post #12994107 (external link)

Any suggestions on how to change it? I am open to rewording things to be clearer.

DLitton
855 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 31, 2011 23:37 |  #15

Good site. I like it all... but yah lose that waterfall thing you got going on. Not in your style of photography for the site for one, but its also (not trying to be mean) not the best shot either. Its not bad, but it really to me just shows you have a tripod and know how to do a slow shutter... not much else. Throw one of your top portrait shots or whatnot there, crop it and lose the white bars between the shots... just make it reflect YOUR style of photography and what you do best :)!

David

sponsored links

1,920 views & 0 likes for this thread
My current website
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.