Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Aug 2011 (Tuesday) 08:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

any explain why benro tripods....

whu-1
80 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 30, 2011 08:31 |  #1

hi look fo a travel tripod , there no shops round here to go look :oops:

benro seam to fit the bill , looking for a short fold lenght , around the $350 mark
looking at these 4 model

BENRO Classic C2580F
BENRO Versatile C2980F

BENRO A0691TB00 Transfunctional Travel Angel
BENRO A1691TB0 Transfunctional Travel Angel

got 3 quetion

1. can any one explain what a "centre colum 0-180° Vertical/360° Horizontal" is ?

2. why only 1 year Warranty ? this the quality that bad and they dont stand behind there produce ?

3. ill probuble flip a coin :D or go with the BENRO Versatile C2980F as i can just get it in a back pack , can any one recomend a better tripod or at least in the same ball park as i cant find any reviews .

cheers and sorry just another witch tripod quetion and yes i googled and seached help
cheers for any help

:lol:

sponsored links
Mark-B
Goldmember
2,248 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 30, 2011 08:55 |  #2

You are looking at aluminum and carbon fiber. You are looking at the 0,1, and 2 series, which will all have different maximum heights, minimum heights, and weights. You are looking at models that support anywhere from 13 pounds to 24 pounds. You are looking at regular tripods and one with a center column made for low to the ground or macro work. Seems like you have no idea what you want.

Might as well save some money and get this one: http://www.amazon.com/​gp/product/B0027VSQ60 (external link)
This vendor must be clearing out their stock, because this particular model has been listed for $150 less than anywhere else for over a week.

Mark-B
msbphoto.comexternal link

whu-1
THREAD ­ STARTER
80 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 30, 2011 10:07 |  #3

im looking for a tripod that is

1. 1.7 kg or less
2. under 500mm or 20 inch ( 530 at a push if i like the othere points of the tripod )
3. max load of 8 kg to 12 kgs ( 6 kg at a push if i like the other points of the tripod )
4. flip locks a bonus
5. c/f or alu dose not matter .........as long as price is right around $350
6. max / min hights a trade off .............i realy like the 055cxpro3 but know its to long to fit in a bag hence will get left in doors ..........no use to any one.....

the new travel angles are 17.1 inch long thats why i looked at the other 2 .

how im doing ?

themadman
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Aug 30, 2011 11:04 |  #4

whu-1 wrote in post #13023898 (external link)
2. why only 1 year Warranty ? this the quality that bad and they dont stand behind there produce

Not sure if you know... every single Canon camera and lens only has a 1 year warranty... It just cuts costs.

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​com (external link) | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

Joe ­ Ravenstein
Goldmember
2,338 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 30, 2011 11:42 as a reply to  @ themadman's post |  #5

Generally speaking if a component is going to fail it happens in the 1st year or even earlier so a year warranty is quite adequate for most gear.

Canon 60D,18-55mm,55-250mm,50mm compact macro, AF ext tubes. Sigma 8-16mm uwa, 18-250mm, 85mm F1.4, 150-500mm

whu-1
THREAD ­ STARTER
80 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 31, 2011 09:10 |  #6

hi there , canon warrenty ummmmm not starting that one but in most parts of the world its a guide , falls underthe heading of " fit for use " shore thats bean covered many times ......

going to fail in the frist year ........ some things yes , things like tripods ummmmmmmmm put it this way my job is fixing things , most things stress over time ..........cracks take time , burrs get bigger , sleave wear , nuts strip etc .

Oben “Oben understands that the stability and long-term performance of your gear is paramount, and it stands behind its tripods with a five-year warranty”

Gizto “extra 5 year period above and beyond the standard period imposed by the law in the country where the product”

Manfrotto “Standard 2 Year Limited Warranty and eligible for a Free 8 Year Limited Conventional Warranty Extension”

Vanguard “ 2 years to life time “

just wondered why 1 year if its a sound product ..........

whu-1
THREAD ­ STARTER
80 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 31, 2011 09:12 |  #7

And the main quetion

1. can any one explain what a "centre colum 0-180° Vertical/360° Horizontal" is on benro ?

i live a fair distance from the camrea store :-)

Joe ­ Ravenstein
Goldmember
2,338 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 31, 2011 09:36 |  #8

it means you can tilt the center column from straight up to right angles from the tripod head, such as when shooting macro images of flowers as one example.

Canon 60D,18-55mm,55-250mm,50mm compact macro, AF ext tubes. Sigma 8-16mm uwa, 18-250mm, 85mm F1.4, 150-500mm

whu-1
THREAD ­ STARTER
80 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 31, 2011 09:49 |  #9

cheers joe , thanks for the help , thought i might mean all the angle between 0 and 180 , cheers for the clarifcation ...............:-)

sponsored links

2,035 views & 0 likes for this thread
any explain why benro tripods....
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.