Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Jun 2011 (Tuesday) 22:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= T2i / 550D users UNITE! (3) =-

this thread is locked
Mookalafalas
Cream of the Crop
5,107 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Aug 31, 2011 04:55 |  #2941

Inchpractice wrote in post #13026068 (external link)
By the way, is it me or does flickr hugely reduce the sharpness of the images you put on it?
I'm loading up very high quality jpegs and they look very soft on flickr but fine on my monitor when viewed from the hard drive.
Are they compressing the images?

I have three flickr accounts, and I can definitely say there is something weird going on over there. In one account, if I upload pictures, they become really flat, low contrast, and weak in color, but if I upload the same pic to another account (my "pro" account that I paid for) it looks about like it does in photoshop. I put either this photo up or one from the same set about 8 months ago, and it looked pretty poor. I thought it was resizing that killed the color. Here in my "pro" account, though, it looks quite nice.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Beach_Couple_(2_of_1).​jpg (external link) by Mookalafalas (external link), on Flickr

Here it is in a different account:
IMAGE: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5009/5279920666_4a64f58047_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …s/tainanstuff/5​279920666/  (external link)
Primal Couple (external link) by calvincairo (external link), on Flickr

Call me Al Gear Flickr (external link)
You don’t have to have a great lens to take great pictures—but it sure helps. –Ben Long

sponsored links
Wide ­ Boy
629 posts
Joined May 2011

Aug 31, 2011 06:47 as a reply to  @ Mookalafalas's post |  #2942

Mookalaflasalafa, nice shot. Well the first one anyway. All my shots look a lot flatter and darker on Flickr, I only have a poor mans account.

Sony A7 | 28-70 | Tamron 15-30 (Canon fit)
550D with a battery grip | Canon 70-200mm F4L | Canon 50mm 1.8mkII | Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | YN 460II |
Nikon D7000 | 18-55 G VR | Tokina 11-16 2.8

Mookalafalas
Cream of the Crop
5,107 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Aug 31, 2011 06:53 |  #2943

Wide Boy wrote in post #13029073 (external link)
Mookalaflasalafa, nice shot. Well the first one anyway. All my shots look a lot flatter and darker on Flickr, I only have a poor mans account.

Wide, my other accounts didn't do that, even before I paid for the one that is now "pro." I definitely believe you though. There is probably some reason for the discrepancy, but I don't know what it is...I would be very frustrated, however, if every time I tried to share my work it got mashed like photo 2 above:mad:

Call me Al Gear Flickr (external link)
You don’t have to have a great lens to take great pictures—but it sure helps. –Ben Long

Wide ­ Boy
629 posts
Joined May 2011

Aug 31, 2011 07:00 as a reply to  @ Mookalafalas's post |  #2944

Looking at the two pictures though, I actually prefer the mans face in picture 2, but the rest of the picture looks so muddy, which is a problem I get with a lot of the pictures I upload. I came to the conclusion is was my bad photographic technique, but maybe it isn't after all. Though I suspect it is!!!

Sony A7 | 28-70 | Tamron 15-30 (Canon fit)
550D with a battery grip | Canon 70-200mm F4L | Canon 50mm 1.8mkII | Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | YN 460II |
Nikon D7000 | 18-55 G VR | Tokina 11-16 2.8

shuttersnap
237 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 31, 2011 08:21 as a reply to  @ Wide Boy's post |  #2945

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6188/6098677412_9ec079f79f_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/51930611@N07/6​098677412/  (external link)
Pretty Mas-8 (external link) by Khanon (external link), on Flickr

My Photostream:
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/51930611@N07/ (external link)

KILLERCLOWN
Cream of the Crop
5,555 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 31, 2011 09:20 |  #2946

Awesome, outstanding colours & sharpness :)

KILLERCLOWN
Cream of the Crop
5,555 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 31, 2011 09:31 as a reply to  @ KILLERCLOWN's post |  #2947

Thanks for your comments people :)

bobo- In-flight, this was the best I could do today, but I will nail one soon.
I made sure this was not hovering, focus was hard to get on the eye but I think I was close.
Taken with 100mm & 68mm of Kenko tube.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Untitled (external link) by Little cracker (external link), on Flickr

TeleFragger
Goldmember
3,183 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Aug 31, 2011 09:51 |  #2948

i have so much catching up to do... wow... i think my last read/post was back in the double digit pages... grrrrr been busy with kids, sports, outter banks evacuation (vacation) then no power and house almost flooding... grrrrrr
but i have taken pics.. i got some nice ones to post up later....

GearBag - Feedback****Flickr - my playhouse (external link)****RF-603 Discussion
Canon 7Dm2 Gripped | 32GB Transcend CF | 64GB Toshiba FlashAir | YN-468 Flash | YN-468 II Flash | RF-603 | EF-S 18-55 IS|EF 24-105L|EF 50 MKII 1.8|EF-S 55-250 IS |EF 85 1.8| Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC |Primo's Trigger Stick Monopod | Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod
if I post a pic.. it is there to be picked on... (I have thick skin.. im in IT)

KILLERCLOWN
Cream of the Crop
5,555 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 31, 2011 09:53 as a reply to  @ KILLERCLOWN's post |  #2949

Trying different lighting, taken around the garden.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Not a good shot, but check this web spray (external link) by Little cracker (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

gepixelt
856 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 31, 2011 09:55 |  #2950

how do these kenko tubes work, killer? they help to get closer to the subject, right?

Hi. My name is Dirk and you can find me on flickr (external link).
Canon 5DC | too many lenses -.-

Peter2516
Cream of the Crop
26,302 posts
Gallery: 949 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 31, 2011 10:07 |  #2951

Excellent macro shots again killer another bw!, I borrowed my friend's canon 100mm lens last week I discovered how bad my hand's are shaking when I try to get close to the subject so ended up nothing to post. Great shots killerclown.

Peter
http://www.flickriver.​com/photos/peterbangay​an (external link)
EOS 5D Mark IV, 1Dx1, 7D Mark I & II/Canon T2i Gripped/EF 500mm f/4L IS USM MK1 / EF70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM / EF100 -400 f4.5-5.6L USM/ EFS 10-22mm/EFS 17-55mm/EFS 18-200mm/Canon 1.4x II/Canon 2x III/ 430EXII / 580EXII.

KILLERCLOWN
Cream of the Crop
5,555 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 31, 2011 10:15 |  #2952

gepixelt wrote in post #13029915 (external link)
how do these kenko tubes work, killer? they help to get closer to the subject, right?

Hi, this is from the manufacture, I hope it is of some help :)

Kenko DG Teleplus Extension Tube Set

Extension tubes are designed to enable a lens to focus closer than its normal set minimum focusing distance. Getting closer has the effect of magnifying your subject (making it appear larger in the viewfinder and in your pictures). They are exceptionally useful for macro photography, enabling you to convert almost any lens into a macro lens at a fraction of the cost while maintaining its original optical quality.

The DG extension tubes have no optics. They are mounted in between the camera body and lens to create more distance between the lens and film plane. By moving the lens father away from the film or CCD sensor in the camera, the lens is forced to focus much closer than normal. The greater the length of the extension tube, the closer the lens can focus.

The KENKO DG AUTO EXTENSION TUBE SET contains three tubes of different length, a 12 mm, 20 mm, and 36 mm, which can be used individually or in any combination to obtain the desired magnification. Kenko also makes a DG UNITUBE 12 mm or 25 mm which can be purchased individually.

Kenko's Auto Focus extension tubes are designed with all the circuitry and mechanical coupling to maintain auto focus and TTL auto exposure with most Canon, Nikon, and Minolta lenses given there is enough light to activate the cameras AF system properly.

Please Note;

1. When using extension tubes the lens will not focus to infinity. The focus range will be greatly limited to a very close focusing distance.

2. There is light fall off when using any extension tube, sometimes the equivalent of 3 f-stops of light is lost when using multiple extension tubes together. This light lost can affect the camera's ability to auto focus. Manual focusing is recommended should the lens begin to "hunt" (not lock onto the subject).

3. Nikon "D" information is not transmitted because the lens is focusing closer than its programmed to focus.

4. Kenko DG Auto Extension Tubes are auto focus compatible with Nikon AF lenses including Nikon AF-S (silent Wave) lenses.

JamieMc83
293 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 31, 2011 10:25 |  #2953

I am so excited! According to USPS Track & Confirm my T2i will be here tomorrow :)

~Jamie
Canon T2i, gripped|LB Muse, double glass|LB Composer, double glass|Canon 50mm 1.4|Canon 55-250 IS|430EX

KILLERCLOWN
Cream of the Crop
5,555 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 31, 2011 10:31 |  #2954

Peter2516 wrote in post #13029961 (external link)
Excellent macro shots again killer another bw!, I borrowed my friend's canon 100mm lens last week I discovered how bad my hand's are shaking when I try to get close to the subject so ended up nothing to post. Great shots killerclown.

Thanks Peter, I have a lot to learn but I think I'm finally starting to pick a few things up.
please don't write macro off just yet, think back to how your shots looked when you first started this hobby and how the look now!!
That's the main fault with macro, you don't seem to get many keepers ;)
My macro shots are improving but outside macro I'm honestly totally rubbish.

miguel ­ granville
150 posts
Joined May 2010

Aug 31, 2011 11:10 |  #2955

anyone using the
EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Autofocus Lens ?

i used 2 of them last week and found the focus was not sharp, anyone ever notice this ?

T2i/550D|60D|70-300L| Efs 18-135|Rokinon 35mm f/1.4|Efs 18-55 IS | Efs 55-250mm | EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/anger-management/ (external link)
https://www.facebook.c​om/angermanagement.tt (external link)

sponsored links

890,004 views & 0 likes for this thread
-= T2i / 550D users UNITE! (3) =-
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.