Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 01 Sep 2011 (Thursday) 15:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My first wedding shooting

GustavPicora
95 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 01, 2011 15:00 |  #1

Hello, So finally I got some "balls" and said yes to a friends to shoot on their weeding.

I made many mistakes, as a newcomer, but I had fun taking the pictures, I took around 500 shoots from where 260 where "OK" and form those 250 57 were nice to have edit. I felt I took nog many pictures as I should have, but well gotta learn form all what happened that day.

Here are some shoots, c&c are welcome as far they aren't destructive, I want to improve my shooting and get better and better, just for my personal satisfaction :P.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Canon EOS Rebel Xsi, 18-55mm, Sigma 120-400mm APO.

sponsored links
GustavPicora
THREAD ­ STARTER
95 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 01, 2011 15:01 |  #2

more

You may only Attach (as you did) 2 images per thread per Image Posting Rules. Those members who have posted up to 8 images are hosting them elsewhere and embedding the links in their posts. The limit for embedded images is 8 per thread.

Jon

GustavPicora
THREAD ­ STARTER
95 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 01, 2011 15:01 |  #3

and some others

GustavPicora
THREAD ­ STARTER
95 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 01, 2011 15:02 |  #4

ok the last ones :P

c2thew
Goldmember
3,929 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 01, 2011 17:19 |  #5

why is almost every shot held at a 30 degree angle?

Flickr (external link) |Gear|The-Digital-Picture (external link)|The $6 mic | MAGIC LANTERN (external link) | Welding Filter
Go Support Magic Lantern 2.3!!

ni$mo350
Cream of the Crop
6,011 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 01, 2011 17:30 |  #6

^ op answered it already by mentioning "I made many mistakes, as a newcomer" :) haha I rarely see a good set when someone mentions they're first wedding. I don't know why/how 99% of the people think it's ok to do it when they don't know the basics and they don't have the proper gear. To the OP, tack it on as a learning experience and hopefully this sitation doesn't present itself again before you're better equipped with gear and knowledge. This isn't to sounds mean, just a warning for future thoughts of pursuing a wedding to shoot.

-Chris-Website (external link)|| (external link)Facebook (external link)|| My Flickr (external link)|| Follow me!!! 500px (external link) || (external link) 5D mkii || 35L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS MKII || My bank account hates you all :cry:

Aer
54 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Sep 02, 2011 00:04 as a reply to  @ ni$mo350's post |  #7

For the first one, I don't think you need so much sky. I could see two potential shots there. One where they're backlit by the setting sun so they get a nice soft romantic glow. Another one where you use the grapevines to create a leading line down the center.

Canon EOS Rebel T3i (600D)
18-55mm IS | 55-250mm IS | 50mm f/1.8 II

PExpo
Goldmember
1,360 posts
Gallery: 312 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 02, 2011 00:17 |  #8

ni$mo350 wrote in post #13037507 (external link)
^ op answered it already by mentioning "I made many mistakes, as a newcomer" :) haha I rarely see a good set when someone mentions they're first wedding. I don't know why/how 99% of the people think it's ok to do it when they don't know the basics and they don't have the proper gear. To the OP, tack it on as a learning experience and hopefully this sitation doesn't present itself again before you're better equipped with gear and knowledge. This isn't to sounds mean, just a warning for future thoughts of pursuing a wedding to shoot.

He probably thought it was okay because his friends asked him to do it....

My friends definitely know my talent's worth, and if they asked me to shoot a wedding right now, I would laugh at them and ask them if they're joking, and tell them no. If they kept insisting and I had warned them of my skill level, and they still ask me, then it's fair game for a learning experience, fun, and sharing a moment with friends, regardless of my skill level. Not everybody feels it's 100% needed to have a seasoned vet to shoot their photos of their wedding, as long as some pics are taken.

Just a thought.

To the OP,

I can only see two photos, but just wanted to say, congrats for the opportunity, i'm sure it's a great learning experience for yourself.

Husband & Wife Team / Tony & Karissa / flickr (external link)
Gripped 5D III
85mm f/1.2 IIL II 135mm f/2L24-105mm f/4L1x Canon 600EX-RT & 3x Yongnuo 600EX-RTEinstein 640 WS w/ 86'' PLM

Feedback

GustavPicora
THREAD ­ STARTER
95 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 02, 2011 00:53 as a reply to  @ PExpo's post |  #9

Hello All
Thanks of the comments and for taking the time in within the pics.
@Oridus: Actually 1 year ago I rejected a friends proposal to take his wedding pic because I wasn't feeling confident, this time was different, they gave me some extra confidence and still they know my level they didn't go for a pro but game me the chance, I thank to them for that, BTW they are very happy with thte pics. :D

@mismos30 : " haha I rarely see a good set when someone mentions they're first wedding." Does that mean I got some ok? :P. is not that i don't know about photography, I have been shooting mostly nature, Wedidng is another level, but I was reading a lot and training shooting people outdoors and indoors (to test my skills when bouncing flash) hehe..

We'll this is a new path I'm taking, I hope more chances to improve myself will come, and thanks guys for the comments, I will keep them in mind when shooting once again.

G.

GustavPicora
THREAD ­ STARTER
95 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 07, 2011 07:54 |  #10

CAITRIA wrote in post #13063482 (external link)
Wow!! It's amazing...... Gorgeous images and beautiful bride...Looking so nice.
Thanks to sharing.

thanks for the comment, I appreciate it. It wa amy first wedding, so I learned a lot form it, not all, but a lot, at least i know what I SHOULD NOT DO and what I SHOULD EXPECT (the unexpected). I hope more will come, also I hope I can change my gear.

sponsored links

2,113 views & 0 likes for this thread
My first wedding shooting
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.