Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 02 Sep 2011 (Friday) 18:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First ever post for CC

Inqe
MacGyver of wedding photography assistants
226 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 02, 2011 18:13 |  #1

So...been doing this for a while, but I've never requested CC via any forum. But, I'm feeling proud and, finally, capable. So, I am looking for feedback to see if and/or how far off-base I might be! ;)

TIA for your feedback. let'er rip!

Oh and this was for a corporate head-shot. But, she specifically, didn't want the "look" to be typical of such. So, in case you're wondering about the location backdrop.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

:eek: I can't believe after ALL these years, I finally have a 5D MKII!!! It's glorious! It's MY PRECIOUS!!:cool:
40D-Gripped, Canon 50 1.4, 85 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5-5.6, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Sigma 24-70 2.8, Lensbaby 2.0, 580EX, 550EX, PW's.
www.FortuitousPhotogra​phy.com (external link)

sponsored links
Bryan ­ Grant ­ Photography
Goldmember
1,090 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 02, 2011 18:26 |  #2

good shot i think the color temp might be a tad off and te head a little to tilted

"canon---- there is no substitute"
My photography Blog (external link)

Inqe
THREAD ­ STARTER
226 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 02, 2011 18:32 |  #3

Bryan Grant Photography wrote in post #13042880 (external link)
good shot i think the color temp might be a tad off and te head a little to tilted

Thanks! Do you think it looks too "cold" or too "warm"?

I'm also never entirely too sure about how much tilt. Is there a "rule" to consider? I usually have them try several different tilts until I see one that doesn't make them look "weird" in that their face appears too wide or too narrow or whatever.

:eek: I can't believe after ALL these years, I finally have a 5D MKII!!! It's glorious! It's MY PRECIOUS!!:cool:
40D-Gripped, Canon 50 1.4, 85 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5-5.6, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Sigma 24-70 2.8, Lensbaby 2.0, 580EX, 550EX, PW's.

Woodworker
Goldmember
2,176 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 02, 2011 18:53 |  #4

That's a very pleasing portrait and any tilt is balanced out by your logo.

David

Bryan ­ Grant ­ Photography
Goldmember
1,090 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 02, 2011 18:55 |  #5

all i did was auto levels and it got it where i think looks better and i moved her head your call

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"canon---- there is no substitute"
My photography Blog (external link)

gregr2
Goldmember
1,468 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 03, 2011 09:09 |  #6

Inqe wrote in post #13042898 (external link)
Thanks! Do you think it looks too "cold" or too "warm"?

A bit hard to tell, but it may be a tad too cool.

Flickr (external link)
Sony A6500

2DP
118 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 03, 2011 09:30 as a reply to  @ gregr2's post |  #7

I like the edit better. After comparing the tilts, the edits looks more natural. I'm not 100% convinced the image is cool, more so, the image is dominated by flat, neutral colors. After looking at the picture for a while, the only fault I could find was the buried pinky finger.

I think the image itself is a casual, well composed, clean image. Kind of reminds me of an editorial profile that should have a short write up next to it. Good one!

Inqe
THREAD ­ STARTER
226 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 03, 2011 13:51 |  #8

Bryan Grant Photography wrote in post #13042880 (external link)

THAT is seriously impressive! I SO do not know Photoshop. So, that's cool and I do like your edit better.

Thanks!

Inqe
THREAD ­ STARTER
226 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 03, 2011 13:56 |  #9

2DP wrote in post #13045075 (external link)
I like the edit better. After comparing the tilts, the edits looks more natural. I'm not 100% convinced the image is cool, more so, the image is dominated by flat, neutral colors. After looking at the picture for a while, the only fault I could find was the buried pinky finger.

I think the image itself is a casual, well composed, clean image. Kind of reminds me of an editorial profile that should have a short write up next to it. Good one!

It's funny you should say that it has an "editorial" look...I am currently in school studying photojournalism etc. So, I guess my professors would be happy with that too! hahahaha

Thank ya kindly!

Oh and I will definitely work to be more conscientious of buried digits and such.

sponsored links

781 views & 0 likes for this thread
First ever post for CC
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.