Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 04 Sep 2011 (Sunday) 02:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First engagement shoot

emperorevo86
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Sep 04, 2011 02:11 |  #1

Hey gang, this is my first official engagement session. I'm still pretty weak with posing people, so I got a lot to learn. Let me know what you guys think. Please visit my site halfalemonphotography.​com (external link) for my photos.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE NOT FOUND

~ Burin Photography ~ (external link)Amazon feedback, (external link) Buyer feedback 1, Feedback 2,Feedback 3,Feedback 4, Feedback 5

sponsored links
Bryan ­ Grant ­ Photography
Goldmember
1,090 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 04, 2011 16:09 |  #2

good exposures in the first i dont like him looking away and they are all a little saturated for me but that might be your style

"canon---- there is no substitute"
My photography Blog (external link)

Photogaz
177 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 04, 2011 17:02 |  #3

Great photos. I like the high saturation, but think maybe the skin tone saturation is a little high. Maybe tone down the red channel a little bit so the green still stays saturated as that looks lovely.

Photographer Hertfordshire (external link)

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Sep 04, 2011 18:25 |  #4

Bryan Grant Photography wrote in post #13050525 (external link)
good exposures in the first i dont like him looking away and they are all a little saturated for me but that might be your style

I think he was looking at something up there. I prefer him looking her way, but I like the way she look over and the overall exposure of the 1st image. I guess you can call it a style, I always like to make the image a bit on the contrast and saturated side. I've been trying to back off a little, but eventually the final results always turn out that way.

~ Burin Photography ~ (external link)Amazon feedback, (external link) Buyer feedback 1, Feedback 2,Feedback 3,Feedback 4, Feedback 5

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,727 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 04, 2011 23:41 |  #5

Bryan Grant Photography wrote in post #13050525 (external link)

Agreed.
I would cut down on the saturation...

NYC Wedding Photographer (external link) | Blog (external link) | facebook (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Gear

Brant_D
29 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Sep 05, 2011 12:35 |  #6

Very nice, I really like the one with the waterfall in the background. The bokeh looks great and I think the foreground element (tree?) adds a lot of depth. One thing, and I'm sure most people are going to say this, is that you hit the vibrance button a few too many times. I think if you tone it back a tad it will back your photos that much better.

5D | 50mm 1.4 | 70-200mm F4
www.eeeandbee.com (external link)

emperorevo86
THREAD ­ STARTER
208 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Sep 06, 2011 01:36 |  #7

I guess I went too crazy when trying to make the pix warmer. Thanx for the great input

sponsored links

1,555 views & 0 likes for this thread
First engagement shoot
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.