Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 07 Sep 2011 (Wednesday) 19:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I HAS JOB

j-dogg
Goldmember
1,292 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 07, 2011 19:18 |  #1

I finally got a job today. 10/hr to work at Astro Too up here in Melbourne.

Been here for a while working for store credit (been building a new PC) helping the owner move into the new store, the owner was pretty much like, you've helped me out a lot lately, I want to start paying you cash.

****ing winrar. It's great to be employed again.

5D / 400d / 70-200-4LIS / 50 Mk.I / 28-70
RB67 Pro-S / 50-90-180 Holy Trinity, 120/polaroid back
Graphic View I 4x5 / Schneider 180 / Meyer 135 / Ektar 127

sponsored links
ni$mo350
Cream of the Crop
6,011 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 07, 2011 19:21 |  #2

Congrats. Unfortunately with the amount of complaining going on in the US about the economy, (which in some cases are warranted but most aren't) I don't really hear about the situation overseas. Is it pretty bad there?

-Chris-Website (external link)|| (external link)Facebook (external link)|| My Flickr (external link)|| Follow me!!! 500px (external link) || (external link) 5D mkii || 35L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS MKII || My bank account hates you all :cry:

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Sep 07, 2011 23:02 |  #3

ni$mo350 wrote in post #13066805 (external link)
Congrats. Unfortunately with the amount of complaining going on in the US about the economy, (which in some cases are warranted but most aren't) I don't really hear about the situation overseas. Is it pretty bad there?

I'm betting it's not sunshine and butterflies. It's pretty darn bad in north america--it's got to be worse in most other places... China's on the rise though. Can't stop that.

The job market tends to be the worst for entry-level positions, graduating students entering the workforce, etc... Makes you wonder when the job market reaches complete saturation--there already aren't enough jobs out there.

My Gearlist

scrumpy
Goldmember
3,664 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Sep 08, 2011 01:23 |  #4

A few days ago our local TV station showed clips of people queuing for free food handouts. Seems there are over six thousand in the area in the same boat. Some supermarkets have a box where the 'better-off' can donate a food item.
We were better off during world war 2!

David: Canon EOS 400D - Canon EF70-300mm f/4-55.6 IS USM -Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4.5 DC Macro - Sigma 50-500 'Bigma' - Speedlite 580EX 11 - Better Beamer
Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy ;)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 11, 2011 10:48 |  #5

Good that you're employed.

alpha_1976
Goldmember
3,960 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Sep 11, 2011 12:01 |  #6

rick_reno wrote in post #13084689 (external link)
Good that you're employed.

Now work and shoot!

I know more about gear than I know about photography :p
Gear List

mangrovedutch
522 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 17, 2011 15:59 |  #7

AWESOME mate, there is nothing like feeling worth while and getting an income. I hope our mates in the States are doing OK.

Regards, Dutch

sponsored links

1,397 views & 0 likes for this thread
I HAS JOB
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.