Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 10 Sep 2011 (Saturday) 23:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Full of Regrets

Unregistered.Coward
884 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Sep 12, 2011 08:46 |  #46

danny819 wrote in post #13083644 (external link)
Now I am a little worried about the depreciation in price of the 5DII once the 5DIII comes out.

You just sold all your camera gear cause you needed money. Now you're buying new gear and you are worried about the depreciation of it, if and when a new model is released?

Seems a bit wonky, doesn't it?

Buy a used camera. Depreciation is already built in.

....the best camera is the one you have on you at the time.

sponsored links
ktownhero
313 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 12, 2011 08:53 |  #47

I laugh when I read things like "I'm just a college student" and then they go on to buy $3k+ worth of equipment. Either you have some nice parents or you're one of the millions taking advantage of the student loan bubble :P

hhuy888
Goldmember
1,002 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 12, 2011 12:27 |  #48

Unregistered.Coward wrote in post #13089350 (external link)
You just sold all your camera gear cause you needed money. Now you're buying new gear and you are worried about the depreciation of it, if and when a new model is released?

Seems a bit wonky, doesn't it?

Buy a used camera. Depreciation is already built in.

... a (broke) whore is always a (broke) whore...

(the problem before: overspending, is still the same now)

good luck, my friend ... ;D

hhuy

eror11
314 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 12, 2011 12:46 |  #49

I have the 7d and 24-70 combo and im pretty happy... Apparently people find it not wide enough AND not long enough but I like it. You can check out my pics at eror11.deviantart.com, MOST are with that combo, i only ever sometimes borrow an 18-55 from my friend if I really need to go "ultra"-wide :P EXIFs are all intact there.

7D with 24-70

danny819
THREAD ­ STARTER
520 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 12, 2011 14:18 |  #50

ktownhero wrote in post #13089382 (external link)
I laugh when I read things like "I'm just a college student" and then they go on to buy $3k+ worth of equipment. Either you have some nice parents or you're one of the millions taking advantage of the student loan bubble :P

I must say that my girlfriend is quite nice :D

5Dc | 17-40L | 35L | 85 1.8

Pink ­ Avocado
77 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 12, 2011 17:27 |  #51

danny819 wrote in post #13083713 (external link)
I wish I shoot for a living. I am a full time college student and just want to capture memorable moments :D

Your signature says 5D...

I am 23 now and I will have my 7D untill the day it breaks after it can no longer be repaired.

Only shoot wide open.

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 12, 2011 17:32 |  #52

I am 23 now and I will have my 7D untill the day it breaks after it can no longer be repaired.

Now THAT is what I like to hear a young person saying ! Too many fall into the trap of thinking they have to be on the constant so-called "upgrade" path. The word upgrade was invented by and has been pushed by marketing types for so long now, that many folks think that if they are not upgrading then they are just not keeping up. Nonsense. Keep that 7D and try your best to master it. You can, with good glass, create gallery quality images with it.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum ! You look to be new around here.

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

kenjancef
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 12, 2011 18:44 |  #53

eror11 wrote in post #13090572 (external link)
I have the 7d and 24-70 combo and im pretty happy... Apparently people find it not wide enough AND not long enough but I like it. You can check out my pics at eror11.deviantart.com, MOST are with that combo, i only ever sometimes borrow an 18-55 from my friend if I really need to go "ultra"-wide :P EXIFs are all intact there.

My 24-70 is glued to my 7D, for now anyway. I am very happy with it, except that the lens, in combination with the 7D and grip, can get VERY heavy after a while.

And as far as the 18-55, I took it on a short family vacation (the lens is the kit lens from my T1i), and I have to say, that lens on my 7D gave me some of the sharpest pics I ever had with the 7D, I was very surprised.

Gear List
My Flickr Page (external link)

Pink ­ Avocado
77 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 12, 2011 20:38 |  #54

george m w wrote in post #13092040 (external link)
Now THAT is what I like to hear a young person saying ! Too many fall into the trap of thinking they have to be on the constant so-called "upgrade" path. The word upgrade was invented by and has been pushed by marketing types for so long now, that many folks think that if they are not upgrading then they are just not keeping up. Nonsense. Keep that 7D and try your best to master it. You can, with good glass, create gallery quality images with it.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum ! You look to be new around here.

Hey thank you! This is actuallyy second name here. I have about 600 posts under another name. This one is a fresh start as none of my namesake or personal work is attached to this, giving me freedom to be me :)

Only shoot wide open.

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 12, 2011 20:40 |  #55

This is actuallyy second name here

LOL....don't tell the mods that !

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

Pink ­ Avocado
77 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 12, 2011 23:35 |  #56

george m w wrote in post #13093088 (external link)
LOL....don't tell the mods that !

Well, it's shared between myself and my partner, we both like it here :)

Only shoot wide open.

sponsored links

6,747 views & 0 likes for this thread
Full of Regrets
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.