Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Sep 2010 (Thursday) 20:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite! (2)

this thread is locked
Strontium
Durr?
7,415 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 25, 2011 20:14 |  #3196

IMADreamer wrote in post #13161998 (external link)
I aint fraid of no ricers. :) Cammed, full exhaust, and sprayed LS2. 618hp earlier this summer.

not taken with my 60d.
https://lh6.googleuser​content.com …YeJTb0Q2M/s640/​4vette.jpg (external link)

BRING DOWN THE HAMMER!

I am I

sponsored links
IMADreamer
499 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 25, 2011 20:15 |  #3197

oh btw, I'm looking for a remote shutter release so I can do long exposures. I came across one on amazon for like 3$. It got good reviews but is it possible a 3$ remote can work great?

Jason: 60d user. My flicker page feel free to friend or contact me: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/exorimadreamer/ (external link)
www.infinite-garage.com (external link)

Strontium
Durr?
7,415 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 25, 2011 20:18 |  #3198

Dr.D wrote in post #13162004 (external link)
Not sure I'll have to check. What does it do? I used the factory reset button in the menu to reset it to the way I used it when I first got it and tried LE shots.

If you did a reset, I'm pretty sure high iso NR is turned off by default. Could be wrong though.

It replicates your exposure with the shutter closed and uses it as a blank. i.e. - multiply your exposure time by 2.

Not sure if LE NR does the same thing, or not. Or, maybe I have them reversed.

Doesn't sound like your problem, though. Wouldn't expect the data light to be lit up the whole time...

I am I

Strontium
Durr?
7,415 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 25, 2011 20:20 |  #3199

IMADreamer wrote in post #13162014 (external link)
oh btw, I'm looking for a remote shutter release so I can do long exposures. I came across one on amazon for like 3$. It got good reviews but is it possible a 3$ remote can work great?

You get what you pay for, sometimes. I would look into a $30 wireless remote from BH.

That's next on my list. I have the Canon wired one (got it for $20). It works fine. I just need to lose the cord, now. It's very limiting to be tethered.

I am I

bberg
407 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 25, 2011 20:29 |  #3200

Dr.D wrote in post #13162004 (external link)
Not sure I'll have to check. What does it do? I used the factory reset button in the menu to reset it to the way I used it when I first got it and tried LE shots.

Long exposure noise reduction takes a dark frame equal to the length of the exposure you took prior. Then it takes that dark frame and subtracts out any hot pixels from the long exposure you took previously. So if you took a 15 sec. exposure, you'd have to wait another 15 sec. afterwards for the camera to take the dark frame.

If you reset the camera settings, likely this is turned 'ON' as I believe that is the default setting.

Berg | Imagery (external link)

Strontium
Durr?
7,415 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 25, 2011 20:52 |  #3201

bberg wrote in post #13162061 (external link)
Long exposure noise reduction takes a dark frame equal to the length of the exposure you took prior. Then it takes that dark frame and subtracts out any hot pixels from the long exposure you took previously. So if you took a 15 sec. exposure, you'd have to wait another 15 sec. afterwards for the camera to take the dark frame.

If you reset the camera settings, likely this is turned 'ON' as I believe that is the default setting.

Weird. Was not default on mine...

I also have no assurances that my body was unused, given the source. So take that with a grain of salt.

I am I

IMADreamer
499 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 25, 2011 20:54 |  #3202

I need to get a CPL filter too for my kit lens, which I think is a 67mm. I'm thinking I better wait on that one though I've spent a lot on camera stuff this month.

Jason: 60d user. My flicker page feel free to friend or contact me: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/exorimadreamer/ (external link)

nrowensby
Goldmember
3,995 posts
Gallery: 143 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 25, 2011 20:55 |  #3203

Well... not taken with a 60D (for reasons previously stated...) but I thought it was worth sharing... :)

A double rainbow produced by a hellacious rainstorm we had this afternoon...

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6179/6183814324_20bbbf27f7_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/nowensby/618381​4324/  (external link)
Double Rainbow - 9-25-2011 (external link) by inneyeseakay (external link), on Flickr

--Nick's Marketplace Feedback--
[Insert witty quote here]

IMADreamer
499 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 25, 2011 20:56 |  #3204

nice rainbow!

Dr.D
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Sep 25, 2011 21:01 |  #3205

Sounds about right. I'll have to check that and see. Thanks! Oh, and I'm still waiting for my PM.

6D . Gripped 60D . Gripped XSI . Opteka 6.5 . Canon 10-22 . Canon 18-135 . Canon 50 1.8 MKII . Canon 24-105 f4 L . Canon 70-200 2.8 IS MKII L . Canon 70-300 IS USM . Sigma 150-600 . Canon 100mm Macro . Canon 2X III . 430 EXII . Manfroto 190XPROB . Manfrotto 055XPROB . Black Rapid Sport . Outback 200
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1195651

lar55
277 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 25, 2011 21:10 |  #3206

Long exposure noise reduction takes a dark frame equal to the length of the exposure you took prior. ...

Using "clear all camera settings" will not change the custom function settings. So it won't reset the long exposure noise reduction if that was changed from the default (which I'm pretty sure is 0:off). You need to use the Custom Functions menu to change it or clear it.

Strontium
Durr?
7,415 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 25, 2011 21:15 |  #3207

IMADreamer wrote in post #13162161 (external link)
I need to get a CPL filter too for my kit lens, which I think is a 67mm. I'm thinking I better wait on that one though I've spent a lot on camera stuff this month.

I'm waiting for the Cokin sets to be in stock, again. They have been out for a few months, now. Not in a rush to spend more money, though. The more expensive LEE systems appear to be dried up, too. But, I'm not spending that much on filters.

I am I

IMADreamer
499 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 25, 2011 21:17 |  #3208

Str0ntium wrote in post #13162261 (external link)
I'm waiting for the Cokin sets to be in stock, again. They have been out for a few months, now. Not in a rush to spend more money, though. The more expensive LEE systems appear to be dried up, too. But, I'm not spending that much on filters.

oh Conkin, gonna have to check those out. I've been searching the usual suspects Hoya, B+W, etc. Didn't know about Conkin.

Strontium
Durr?
7,415 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 25, 2011 21:21 |  #3209

IMADreamer wrote in post #13162276 (external link)
oh Conkin, gonna have to check those out. I've been searching the usual suspects Hoya, B+W, etc. Didn't know about Conkin.

They are mounted filters. Much better system, I think. You buy the ring for your largest lens mount. Then just get step down rings for the rest. I suppose you could do the same with screw on filters.

You can step down with screw on filters, but not step up. Well, I guess you could but then you would have to deal with vignetting lol. Square filters just seem more the way to go if you're serious about using them. I'd rather just slide a filter in and out than have to screw it on, tbh.

I am I

IMADreamer
499 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 25, 2011 21:27 |  #3210

Str0ntium wrote in post #13162294 (external link)
They are mounted filters. Much better system, I think. You buy the ring for your largest lens mount. Then just get step down rings for the rest. I suppose you could do the same with screw on filters.

You can step down with screw on filters, but not step up. Well, I guess you could but then you would have to deal with vignetting lol. Square filters just seem more the way to go if you're serious about using them. I'd rather just slide a filter in and out than have to screw it on, tbh.

I like the sound of that alot, it seems like a much more versatile system.

sponsored links

949,708 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite! (2)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.