Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial 
Thread started 27 Aug 2011 (Saturday) 11:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Astronomy Artwork , Post Any and All here

Bernoulli
801 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 10, 2011 08:41 as a reply to  @ post 13079564 |  #31

Tim - I had a guy that used to work for me that was great at doing this and he used nothing but PhotoShop. It was pretty cool watching him. I'm afraid my limitation is lack of artistic talent. I really admire you guys that can do this but at least I can take pictures.

That middle picture reminds me of my 401k account this month!

Rick
rulrich@uark.edu (external link)

sponsored links
Ageless1
301 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 10, 2011 10:03 |  #32

Ok, so this thread gave me an idea for a birthday card for an upcoming 18th in the family.
The moon photo is one of mine as is the portrait but the rest is photoshop brushes etc.
The kid in the pic is the birthday boy and his nickname is Moonface.
Some solid C&C would be appreciated as it is still a work in progress.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1117.photobuck​et.com …ipulations/moon​-face2.jpg (external link)

Dave.

archer1960
Goldmember
4,930 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 10, 2011 10:18 |  #33

I like the idea, but I think that star(?) in the top right corner is too bright; it distracts from the main subject and the other images. If you could put this together with only shots you have taken, I'll bet it would be really special to the birthday boy...

Gripped 7D, gripped, full-spectrum modfied T1i (500D), SX50HS, A2E film body, Tamzooka (150-600), Tamron 90mm/2.8 VC (ver 2), Tamron 18-270 VC, Canon FD 100 f/4.0 macro, Canon 24-105 f/4L,Canon EF 200 f/2.8LII, Canon 85 f/1.8, Tamron Adaptall 2 90mmf/2.5 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Canon EX-430 flash, Vivitar DF-383 flash, Astro-Tech AT6RC and Celestron NexStar 102 GT telescopes, various other semi-crappy manual lenses and stuff.

Celestron
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,611 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 10, 2011 10:33 |  #34

Looks like a great job to me . Instead of a star is that the lens effect done in PS ??

Ageless1
301 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 10, 2011 13:29 |  #35

archer1960 wrote in post #13080239 (external link)
I like the idea, but I think that star(?) in the top right corner is too bright; it distracts from the main subject and the other images. If you could put this together with only shots you have taken, I'll bet it would be really special to the birthday boy...

Thanks for the input. I tried a number of variations using only photos but they all seemed to be lacking something. Without the lens flare in the top right it just looks a little flat, I thought but you may be right about it being too bright I will try toning it down a bit.

Dave.

Ageless1
301 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 10, 2011 13:30 |  #36

Celestron wrote in post #13080286 (external link)
Looks like a great job to me . Instead of a star is that the lens effect done in PS ??

Thanks Ron, yeah it is a lens flare effect from PS.

Dave.

archer1960
Goldmember
4,930 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 10, 2011 18:20 |  #37

Ageless1 wrote in post #13080823 (external link)
Thanks for the input. I tried a number of variations using only photos but they all seemed to be lacking something. Without the lens flare in the top right it just looks a little flat, I thought but you may be right about it being too bright I will try toning it down a bit.

Yeah, I like it being there (looks a bit like a spotlight on the person), it's just too bright...

Gripped 7D, gripped, full-spectrum modfied T1i (500D), SX50HS, A2E film body, Tamzooka (150-600), Tamron 90mm/2.8 VC (ver 2), Tamron 18-270 VC, Canon FD 100 f/4.0 macro, Canon 24-105 f/4L,Canon EF 200 f/2.8LII, Canon 85 f/1.8, Tamron Adaptall 2 90mmf/2.5 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Canon EX-430 flash, Vivitar DF-383 flash, Astro-Tech AT6RC and Celestron NexStar 102 GT telescopes, various other semi-crappy manual lenses and stuff.

tkerr
Goldmember
3,042 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 11, 2011 09:41 |  #38

Ageless1 wrote in post #13080823 (external link)

Have you tried making your own brushes?
Make your own lens flare, spiral galaxies, globular clusters etc, then define as brush.
You can make your own variations on star spikes, and you can even add color in various ways for different effects.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Tim Kerr
Money Talks, But all I hear mine saying is, Goodbye!
F1, try it you'll like it.

hozzer
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 26, 2011 12:52 as a reply to  @ tkerr's post |  #39

A quick 10 minutes in photoshop cs5 no images, just effects and layers.
My second attempt.

http://i444.photobucke​t.com …/space%20arrt/s​pace1a.jpg (external link)

Canon EOS 5dc Canon EOS 50D. Canon EOS 350D.
Canon EF100mm F2.8 macro Canon EF 28-135mm Sigma 10-20mm. Sigma 50mm F2.8 macro Canon 70-210mm. Canon 18-200mm IS kit lens. Canon 18-55mm Kit Lens.
Tamron 70-300mm :sad:( freebie)

NovaTJ
552 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 05, 2011 22:54 as a reply to  @ hozzer's post |  #40

Well if spacecrafts could be considered astronomy related, and on a lighter note...there is a sale on spacecrafts coming up in a couple of days. Flea market sign seen last weekend.

Greg

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Astro-Tech 8" f/4 imaging Newtonian,Baader MPCC,Orion ED 80 APO F7.5,Skywatcher EQ-6 Pro,ASGT, Modified Canon 50D, Meade DSI Guide Camera, 8" SCT dovetail mounted relic, Criterion Dynascope RV-6, modified 300D, custom astro shed,and still just getting started!

SteveInNZ
Goldmember
1,420 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 06, 2011 00:01 |  #41

Roswell ?

"Treat every photon with respect" - David Malin.

Edsport
662 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 06, 2011 07:33 as a reply to  @ SteveInNZ's post |  #42

http://i155.photobucke​t.com/albums/s289/Edsp​ort/8.jpg (external link)

Cameras - Canon 350D, 5D
Lenses - Canon 18-55mm, 75-300mm, 50mm f/1.8, 24-105L, 24-70L
Flashes - Yongnuo YN460 II, YN468
RF-602 transmitter and 2 receivers

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 26, 2013 21:59 |  #43

Good to find this thread.
Thanks to Mike R to mention this.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Mar 26, 2013 22:05 |  #44

Ron for the sake of continuity and comprehensiveness of the thread, may I suggest you change the Rule number 4 and allow a LINK (Not piracy) to a good image, that one finds on web and feels is good fit for the idea (That is BTW great) to add more interesting images here to satify the viewer?

Just a thought (Just left click on "Mike R" ^^^ on my above post to see why I say this).

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

Celestron
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,611 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 27, 2013 07:52 |  #45

samsen wrote in post #15759890 (external link)
Ron for the sake of continuity and comprehensiveness of the thread, may I suggest you change the Rule number 4 and allow a LINK (Not piracy) to a good image, that one finds on web and feels is good fit for the idea (That is BTW great) to add more interesting images here to satify the viewer?

Just a thought (Just left click on "Mike R" ^^^ on my above post to see why I say this).

Samsen , unless moderators change forum rules I cannot change my #4 cause that would be inviting problems for this thread from the forum moderators eventually . But a LINK can be posted to such an image .

sponsored links

9,058 views & 0 likes for this thread
Astronomy Artwork , Post Any and All here
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.