Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Sep 2011 (Wednesday) 15:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D II Deals

cyrus880
84 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 29, 2011 12:51 |  #106

dgsphoto wrote in post #13182671 (external link)
If it helps....my package has made it through a couple of USPS hubs already and is local now. I don't know if that means that it's cleared from customs without duties or there is a collect order for USPS on delivery. We will see.

I will keep you posted.

That's good news..hoping there are no collect taxes at the time of delivery.. good luck!! :)

sponsored links
Sleep_er
30 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Sep 29, 2011 12:54 |  #107

kenjancef wrote in post #13182690 (external link)
Thanks for the updates. What would happen if you weren't home/work when delivered? Think they would hold it until you paid? Just sucks because no one knows if there will be a charge, and how much.

Signature is required on delivery. My Tracking update says that my order last left Jamaica NY facility so mine made it through the border as well. It's probably gonna be a few more days till it reaches Hawaii.

5D mkii, 35L, 50 1.8, 135L, 430ex ii

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 29, 2011 12:57 |  #108

Couple of people have shared that they didn't have to pay any duties. So keeping my fingers crossed.

Canada Xpresspost, which is how Henrys ships it, always requires a signature on delivery. If there is indeed a customs collect order, USPS will attempt to collect on delivery or one will have to go to the local post office, pay the duty and sign for the package to receive it.

kenjancef
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 29, 2011 13:00 |  #109

Sleep_er wrote in post #13182718 (external link)
Signature is required on delivery. My Tracking update says that my order last left Jamaica NY facility so mine made it through the border as well. It's probably gonna be a few more days till it reaches Hawaii.

Any chance I could be attached to that shipment to Hawaii? :)

Gear List
My Flickr Page (external link)

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,698 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 29, 2011 13:01 |  #110

Wow, that was fast shipping DGS! I hope mine comes that quickly.

Shane
flickr (external link)

kenjancef
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 29, 2011 13:01 |  #111

dgsphoto wrote in post #13182733 (external link)
Couple of people have shared that they didn't have to pay any duties. So keeping my fingers crossed.

Canada Xpresspost, which is how Henrys ships it, always requires a signature on delivery. If there is indeed a customs collect order, USPS will attempt to collect on delivery or one will have to go to the local post office, pay the duty and sign for the package to receive it.

How much would you think the charge would be, if there was one? If it is in the $100-$200 area then I couldn't afford that.

Gear List

JayStar86
Goldmember
3,531 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 29, 2011 13:24 |  #112

kenjancef wrote in post #13182765 (external link)
How much would you think the charge would be, if there was one? If it is in the $100-$200 area then I couldn't afford that.

in all likely hood if you did get charged it would just be your local state tax... thats it.

---Jay---
Gear and Feedback
flikr (external link)

kenjancef
Goldmember
2,282 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 29, 2011 13:29 |  #113

JayStar86 wrote in post #13182866 (external link)
in all likely hood if you did get charged it would just be your local state tax... thats it.

Good ol' Rhode Island 7% Sales Tax... lol... which equals $140. Sucks if they want to collect...

Gear List

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,698 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 29, 2011 13:50 |  #114

I doubt theyre going to collect sales tax. They dont even do that within the US.

Shane
flickr (external link)

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 29, 2011 14:37 |  #115

kenjancef wrote in post #13182765 (external link)

Depends on how the customs officials would classify the product.

Try creating a shipment on canadapost and at the end it gives an option to find the customs classification for the item using keyword ("camera"). I have tried all classifications that came up the duties and other fees/charges came up to be around $90 (duty in the $40s and other fees/charges/taxes is the rest adding it all up to $90s)

I'm expecting delivery today since I believe it's express service on both the sides of the border. I could be wrong though and it could only be priority on the US side (and not express as I am thinking) in which case I may not get it today. It cleared the local airport hub today morning. From there it goes to the local PO and delivery. So I hope I get it today. If not, definitely tomorrow.

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 29, 2011 14:58 |  #116

Wife just signed for the package.

No customs duties or any other charges! :D

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,698 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 29, 2011 15:00 |  #117

What day did it ship? I cant believe it got there that fast.

Shane
flickr (external link)

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 29, 2011 15:03 |  #118

JakAHearts wrote in post #13183300 (external link)
What day did it ship? I cant believe it got there that fast.

Was picked up by canada post on the 27th at 4:02 pm local time in Mississauga.

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,698 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 29, 2011 15:07 |  #119

Wow. Their post office must kick our post office rearend.

Shane
flickr (external link)

cyrus880
84 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 29, 2011 15:20 |  #120

dgsphoto wrote in post #13183277 (external link)
Wife just signed for the package.

No customs duties or any other charges! :D

That's awesome & thanks for the update. I Just went ahead and placed my order!! :D

sponsored links

30,429 views & 0 likes for this thread
5D II Deals
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.