Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 29 Sep 2011 (Thursday) 14:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

OH MAN-- I WAS WRONG

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,658 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 29, 2011 14:55 |  #1

A very reliable source just told me that the buyer for National camera exchange in Minnesota just put a sku# in their computer systems and will probably start taking pro orders for the anticipated

5DMKIII
Look for something big at the Germany show.:cool:

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
va_rider
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Nov 2009

Sep 29, 2011 15:09 |  #2

A very good source told me that not only will the 5DMKIII be available, it'll have rocket boosters and be capable of time travel.

Other specs include:
Time Travel mode - If you miss a shot, slip it into TT Mode on the dial, and you'll see 60 seconds into the past through the lens (TT-TTL) with this mode.
Gravity Reduction - Need to get a little higher to get the shot? Did you walk too close to a cliff with your wide angle on? Better put it in GR-Mode.
110fps - That's right. 110 Frames Per Second. We weren't actually able to create a shutter mechanism or mirror that could move this quick, so using a variation of Time Travel Mode, time is actually slowed down.

Canon 5dmkIII, Sigma 15mm f/2.8FE; 35mm f/1.4; Canon EF70-200 f/2.8L IS II; --- YN560 x 7
I'm not a professional photographer, and I don't want to be.
Flickr (external link)

Quib21
108 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 29, 2011 15:13 |  #3

va_rider wrote in post #13183340 (external link)
A very good source told me that not only will the 5DMKIII be available, it'll have rocket boosters and be capable of time travel.

Other specs include:
Time Travel mode - If you miss a shot, slip it into TT Mode on the dial, and you'll see 60 seconds into the past through the lens (TT-TTL) with this mode.
Gravity Reduction - Need to get a little higher to get the shot? Did you walk too close to a cliff with your wide angle on? Better put it in GR-Mode.
110fps - That's right. 110 Frames Per Second. We weren't actually able to create a shutter mechanism or mirror that could move this quick, so using a variation of Time Travel Mode, time is actually slowed down.

Bahaha bw!

5D Mark II | EF 17-40mm f/4L | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 100mm f/2.8L | EF 50mm f/1.8 | 580EX II | CS5/LR3 | (1) Partridge in a pear tree....
IATSE 58
It's lens. There's no such word as lense.

Paolo.Leviste
934 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 29, 2011 15:18 |  #4

Other specs include:

Does it also run on a Mr. Fusion and come with a pair of 2015 Nike Air Mags? :D

I actually wouldn't be surprised (more like depressed) if the 5DIII announcement comes...I did just buy a 5DII after all... oh well!

[Canon 5DII/30D | 24-70 f2.8L | Σ 30 f1.4 | Σ 50 f1.4 | 70-200 f4L | 580EX II ]
3.Hundred.6.SIX (external link)
SmugMug (external link)

va_rider
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Sep 29, 2011 15:23 |  #5

Paolo.Leviste wrote in post #13183383 (external link)
Does it also run on a Mr. Fusion and come with a pair of 2015 Nike Air Mags? :D

No, but it does contain an internal 90TB Solid State Hard Drive that allows for recording of over 400 images from its 600 GigaPixel Sensor.

Canon 5dmkIII, Sigma 15mm f/2.8FE; 35mm f/1.4; Canon EF70-200 f/2.8L IS II; --- YN560 x 7
Flickr (external link)

umphotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
grabbing their Johnson
10,658 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 29, 2011 15:37 as a reply to  @ va_rider's post |  #6

Ha ha-- You funny Boys

This is not a troll. I work with someone in the company that knows the buyer for the chain.

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

SpeedyGoo
242 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Sep 29, 2011 15:40 |  #7

Worked selling cameras for to long to know the annoncement comes before the retailler knows anything!

va_rider
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Sep 29, 2011 15:52 |  #8

umphotography wrote in post #13183453 (external link)
Ha ha-- You funny Boys

This is not a troll. I work with someone in the company that knows the buyer for the chain.

Dude... I do too....

I totally work with a group of trained assassin photographers from the future. I've traveled back in time because it's getting close to the time of the release of the camera that changed life as we know it.

It began simple, the 5dMKIII was released just as you are saying. People used it and fell in love. They sold all of their current gear and invested all of the money into the 5DMKIII. This was easy, since with the 5dMKIII came the first ever Canon Multi Lens, the only lens that could adapt itself to every use and possible situation, from f/.001 to f/7000 depending on available light, and it would transform from a 1mm lens to 5000mm lens with the flick of a switch.

However, the lens testing was not completed thoroughly enough, as mating this intelligent lens with the Canon 5dMKIII's quad Digic VI processors allowed the lens and camera to combine into one semi-living, self-aware, sentient being.

The lens and camera combo started to absorb the users, until just a few of us were left. We were the ones who were happy with our 7d's and didn't early-adopt the 5dMKIII. Unfortunately, we were pushed to the caves in order to survive.

After some time, we managed to get one of the 5dMKIII creatures to absorb a 7d that was on a wired remote. Using the wired remote, we were able to travel through time by setting a multiple exposure sequence into the 5dMKIII's circuitry.

A small group of us managed to come back to warn you... don't buy into the 5dMKIII ... .it'll only result in the destruction of the world as you know it.... It'll be fine at first, but starting with Firmware Update 1.2.93, things will change.

Flickr (external link)

dharrisphotog
Goldmember
2,331 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 29, 2011 15:52 |  #9

umphotography wrote in post #13183264 (external link)
A very reliable source just told me that the buyer for National camera exchange in Minnesota just put a sku# in their computer systems and will probably start taking pro orders for the anticipated

5DMKIII
Look for something big at the Germany show.:cool:

you should know better. seriously. :rolleyes:

D800 | Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art | Nikkor 85mm 1.8G | Nikkor 70-200 2.8G
Gear | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Google+ (external link)

borism
Goldmember
3,415 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 29, 2011 15:59 |  #10

Shouldn't this be on the Rumors thread?
But yeah, this sounds funny

CANON 6D - SONY A6000

davidc502
Goldmember
3,459 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 29, 2011 16:16 |  #11

Other specs include:

hahahaha....... too funny!!! Love it.

_
My Gear is ---> Here

form
"inadequately equipped"
4,929 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 29, 2011 16:26 |  #12

Basically I don't want to buy another 5D II to replace my aging 5Ds because I am not fully satisfied with the function of the 5D II. AF problems and pattern noise are my main issues.

Las Vegas Wedding Photographer: http://www.joeyallenph​oto.com (external link)

[Hyuni]
Goldmember
1,186 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 29, 2011 16:30 |  #13

Ha ha-- You funny Boys

Wow! My dad worked at Nintendo and he told me all the company secrets, too! :p

6D Rokinon 14 f/2.8 l EF 35 ƒ1.4L l EF 135 ƒ2.0L l EF 70-200 ƒ2.8L IS II l YN460 l 580EX II l Flick'd (external link)

davidc502
Goldmember
3,459 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 29, 2011 18:35 |  #14

[Hyuni wrote:
='[Hyuni];13183733']Wo​w! My dad worked at Nintendo and he told me all the company secrets, too! :p

That's okay... my dad's a big wheel at the cracker factory!

I look at it this way; rumors are worth what you pay for them.. Nothing.

_
My Gear is ---> Here

S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 29, 2011 18:45 |  #15

Ha ha-- You funny Boys

Ok, so think that one through. If you are correct, and someone finds this thread, checks your website...... small world.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

sponsored links

8,447 views & 0 likes for this thread
OH MAN-- I WAS WRONG
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.