Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 27 Apr 2011 (Wednesday) 16:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Stolen MARK II! Please Help!!

bettyn
Goldmember
3,445 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 20, 2011 13:27 |  #46

My neighbor's son's hoodlum friends broke into my car and managed to get into the trunk. They stole a bunch of stuff including my golf clubs. The police caught them, but it was a YEAR before I could get my stuff back as the police held it for evidence! Hope that doesn't happen with your camera as it's your livelihood.

My Gear: 6D, 7D, EOS-M w EF-M 22 f2 STM and EF-M 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS STM, 17-40L f4, 24-70L f2.8, 100 f2.8 non-IS macro, 70-200L f/4 IS, 400L f5.6,, Canon 1.4x II TC, Canon Speedlite 430 EX II, Better Beamer. Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod, 2 monopods, Manfrotto ballhead and pistol grip tripod heads.

sponsored links
chinorider
77 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jul 20, 2011 15:53 |  #47

Thieves are the lowest creature in the gene pool.

Moved to micro 4/3 system

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,940 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Jul 20, 2011 15:58 |  #48

JessKuiper wrote in post #12788301 (external link)
My laptop was recovered by henderson police!!!! The camera is still missing but we have a name of the GIRL who tried to pawn my laptop. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. We find her we could find my mark II!

I hope thats the case Jess!

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

JackLiu
570 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jul 20, 2011 16:28 |  #49

Sorry for your lost ... must have been a sinkin feeling.
As of right now, don't have insurance coverage for my gear; will have to look into it with my insurance carrier.

"Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back." Arthur Rubinstein.

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 20, 2011 16:35 |  #50

State farm blows. be sure your agent is up to date on state farms policies. mine wasn't and mislead me.

i had a break in to my home and state farm treated me like the criminal. they didn't even cover all that my agent said they would, and yes i had a business policy. thankfully i had a secondary policy.

again be sure your agent is up to date on state farms policies, because mine wasn't and if it weren't for secondary policy, i would've lost about $15,000.

(this particular state farm) insurance agents just want you to buy policies, i dont think they truly have your best interest in mind.

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,409 posts
Gallery: 173 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 21, 2011 00:56 |  #51

I think it would be more accurate to state that your State Farm agent blows.

I say this all the time; it doesn't matter what your agent says is or isn't covered. The only thing that matters is what is written in the policy's terms and conditions. If anyone believes all that comes out of the agent's mouth may be in for a big let down. They don't always know the specifics of all policies. You'd better obtain, read, understand the limits and maintain the written policy.

bigcountry wrote in post #12794064 (external link)
State farm blows. be sure your agent is up to date on state farms policies. mine wasn't and mislead me...

again be sure your agent is up to date on state farms policies, because mine wasn't...

My Treasure Chest
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

ArinX
271 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 21, 2011 13:45 |  #52

in for updates

:: X100 :: :: 1d MarkIV :: 17-40 F4L :: 70-200L F2.8 Is II :: 24-70L :: 85 1.2L II :: 400 5.6L :: 580ex

OneJZsupra
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 22, 2011 13:50 |  #53

ArinX wrote in post #12799574 (external link)
in for updates

+1.

Gear List | Feed Back | My Site (external link)
YN RF-603 O-ring solution

ktownhero
313 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 22, 2011 13:53 |  #54

Methodical wrote in post #12796488 (external link)
I think it would be more accurate to state that your State Farm agent blows.

I say this all the time; it doesn't matter what your agent says is or isn't covered. The only thing that matters is what is written in the policy's terms and conditions. If anyone believes all that comes out of the agent's mouth may be in for a big let down. They don't always know the specifics of all policies. You'd better obtain, read, understand the limits and maintain the written policy.

Which starts to make you wonder if insurance companies have agents who intentionally mislead people over what's covered. I mean, what do they have to lose? Most likely they will end up saving claims that they have to pay out due to the high number of people that will just give up, and then when somebody pushes harder they just take care of you.

spb
583 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Sep 29, 2011 16:32 |  #55

Methodical wrote in post #12401954 (external link)
Good luck. And to those considering insurance, please be sure it is a stand alone policy and not a piggy back policy, but if you must be sure to ask lots of questions about the consequences of filing claims.

why stand alone? considering insurance after stories like this.

60d | 50d | grip | 11-16 2.8 | 17-55 2.8 | 50 1.4 | 24-105 | 70-200 II | 60 macro | 580EXII x2
flickr (external link) | gear | feedback

Methodical
Cream of the Crop
7,409 posts
Gallery: 173 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 29, 2011 18:39 |  #56

If you piggyback off you homeowner's policy (an example) any claim goes against that policy; too many claims may get you canceled. In addition, you will have a deductible for any claim. You don't want to take that kind of risk, plus you only want to make claims against your homeowner's policy for big time issues.

Therefore, you'd want a stand alone policy because it's a separate policy and claims only go against it, no deductibles, covers everything except wear and tear, and it's cheap (cheaper if a hobby). Talk to an insurance agent to get some quotes.

spb wrote in post #13183740 (external link)
why stand alone? considering insurance after stories like this.

My Treasure Chest
MethodicalImages (external link)
Flickr (external link)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

cacawcacaw
Goldmember
2,862 posts
Joined May 2010

Sep 29, 2011 19:34 |  #57

Methodical wrote in post #13184266 (external link)
... too many claims may get you canceled. In addition, you will have a deductible for any claim. You don't want to take that kind of risk,...

Therefore, you'd want a stand alone policy because it's a separate policy and claims only go against it, no deductibles, ...

That sounds like really good advice. I wonder if POTN group discounts are a possibility.

Replacing my Canon 7D, Tokina 12-24mm, Canon 17-55mm, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.4, and 150-500mm with a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000. I still have the 17-55 and the 30 available for sale.

ArinX
271 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 30, 2011 23:02 |  #58

wish the op would update us

:: X100 :: :: 1d MarkIV :: 17-40 F4L :: 70-200L F2.8 Is II :: 24-70L :: 85 1.2L II :: 400 5.6L :: 580ex

slickooz
Goldmember
2,104 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 30, 2011 23:38 |  #59

in for updates.

Facebook: Gary Feng Photography (external link)

Ron ­ Bailey
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 02, 2011 21:02 |  #60

updates

http://www.ronbaileyph​otography.com/ (external link)

sponsored links

7,152 views & 0 likes for this thread
Stolen MARK II! Please Help!!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.