Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 24 Oct 2006 (Tuesday) 10:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Philippines: Are you ready? (Game ka na ba?)

this thread is locked
Big ­ Apple ­ Photography
Wish I had a 5D Classic
4,148 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 03, 2011 11:32 |  #3046

:lol: I did see some lack of action since I left... :lol:

Love POTN? Donate!
Feel like spending your money? Support POTN while doing that! Shop here! ;) (external link)TF IS BOORING...Undeserving of the TF's further attention, but sadly in need of a spell-check (external link)

sponsored links
monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 03, 2011 11:40 |  #3047

I just learned how to correct perspective distortion :lol:

SM Cebu North Wing

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by ZENFOLIO PROTECTED

www.monk3y.com (external link) | My GEAR

Peter2516
Cream of the Crop
26,309 posts
Gallery: 953 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 03, 2011 11:46 |  #3048

Cool shot monk3y looking at this pic makes me wants to go back to Cebu.....he he he
I missed CnT Lechon just accross the street from SM. :)

Great Sunset shot monk3y, the one from Boracay is awesome pang magazine.

WOW This thread really kicked off...

Peter
http://www.flickriver.​com/photos/peterbangay​an (external link)
EOS 5D Mark IV, 1Dx1, 7D Mark I & II/Canon T2i Gripped/EF 500mm f/4L IS USM MK1 / EF70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM / EF100 -400 f4.5-5.6L USM/ EFS 10-22mm/EFS 17-55mm/EFS 18-200mm/Canon 1.4x II/Canon 2x III/ 430EXII / 580EXII.

tagakweens
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 03, 2011 12:36 |  #3049

monk3y wrote in post #13198934 (external link)

SM Cebu North Wing
IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by ZENFOLIO PROTECTED

how?

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 03, 2011 12:49 |  #3050

Peter2516 wrote in post #13198971 (external link)
Cool shot monk3y looking at this pic makes me wants to go back to Cebu.....he he he
I missed CnT Lechon just accross the street from SM. :)

Great Sunset shot monk3y, the one from Boracay is awesome pang magazine.

WOW This thread really kicked off...

Thanks Peter :D hehehe yeah CnT is the best :D

tagakweens wrote in post #13199164 (external link)
how?

here ya go... Gavin Hoey is your friend :lol:
http://www.youtube.com …Gavin#p/u/152/O​pAiIVWA5t4 (external link)

tagakweens
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 03, 2011 12:52 |  #3051

^^
Thanks!!

dolina
Goldmember
4,846 posts
Gallery: 319 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 03, 2011 14:25 |  #3052

POTN and Leo,

Thank you for the support but please warmly welcome Romy to our thread. He is probably the best Filipino photog on our forum so any tips or tricks he may share would be a benefit to all.

===============

Romy,

I have decided to accept your apology and I would like to extend my apology also for whatever wrong doing you perceived I did to you.

Let us put this behind us and move forward.

As a show of sincerity I invite you to join Facebook and add me as your first friend on it. By adding me I can also add you to BirdNuts group. A lot of our mutual friends are on Facebook and we have been waiting for you to join. An added bonus on Facebook is that you will garner more admirers of your work as almost everyone uses Facebook. I will understand if you do not want to.

As for tripods in general, we have differing experience. Yours was good and mine was bad. Both our opinions have merit.

A lot of photogs on your forum graduated from it to a non-Manfrotto head and carbon fiber legs, they often consult me to what they should go for. Others have a light camera that upgrading further would be a waste of money or if their camera is heavy it fits their needs so upgrading further would be a waste money. I never talked to you about it because you always got the best shot on the forum, so why upgrade?

It is possible that my experience may be tied to a bad copy of the Manfrotto that may not be representative to everyone else's.

But as Joseph, a camera shop owner, said very few will pay more for 10,000 for a tripod. So whatever I write further on it really wouldn't matter as no one would even buy it. The decision was not easy as anyone may think as it took 3 months to convince myself that it was worth the expense. Thus my opinion to "buy once" rather than graduating from one tripod to another over time. Because you will either sell it at a lose or it will end up being part of your 'tripod collection'. Camera supports unlike camera bodies really do not change all that much over time so they tend to be a decades-long investment. To me tripods are 2nd to good lenses for those who shoot with natural light.

Before the incident happened on your forum I always gave positive comments on all shots that in my opinion was good. It did not matter whether the camera was Canon, it did not matter whether tripod was carbon fiber, it did not matter whether the shooter was male or female, it did not matter whether the person is someone I personally met in person or online and it did not matter if it was a Filipino or non-Filipino who took it. What mattered to me is the shot, itself, that I feel often gets sidelined by the policy of publishing the shooting info, I understand that it is being published for the purpose of educating newbies but I wish it was optional.

In case you are wondering I ceased praising your work because I feel any more positive commentary would be redundant. How can you surpass "excellent"? With Double excellent or Triple excellent? And I know the shots you post are not the best shots in your collection because of the threat of piracy. Believe me, I have experienced piracy of my work many times and it was a motivation for me to start posting my photos at 640px rather than 1024px. At 1024px it appears that you can reproduce it easily to a large tarpaulin.

Romy, you have reached a point where virtually all Filipino photogs whether they shoot birds or not would want to be. This was done by sheer hard work and I never ever doubted Canon's decision to appoint you solely on your technical merit. If I had the time, I would try to copy your Ocono-rific style but sadly I do not.

I hope you will publish your solo book one day as I would like to have you hand write a dedication in my copy.

I also expect a Presidential Medal in your future. Whether it is for science or the arts is really up in the air.

Cheers,

Paolo

Visit my Flickr (external link), Facebook (external link) & 500px (external link) and see my photos. :)

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 03, 2011 19:12 |  #3053

very nice Mr. Pao and Romy... I am really glad to hear this, that's what makes you guys admirable. :D

We are honored to have you here in our thread Mr. Ocon :D

liquidstone
insane Bird photographer
1,088 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 03, 2011 19:37 |  #3054

Gee..... great to read this Pao. From my end, please be assured that I'm putting everything behind me.

Wishing everybody the sweetest light everytime each one trips a shutter. :)

dolina wrote in post #13199752 (external link)
POTN and Leo,

Thank you for the support but please warmly welcome Romy to our thread. He is probably the best Filipino photog on our forum so any tips or tricks he may share would be a benefit to all.

===============

Romy,

I have decided to accept your apology and I would like to extend my apology also for whatever wrong doing you perceived I did to you.

As a show of sincerity I invite you to join Facebook and add me as your first friend on it. By adding me I can also add you to BirdNuts group. A lot of our mutual friends are on Facebook and we have been waiting for you to join. An added bonus on Facebook is that you will garner more admirers of your work as almost everyone uses Facebook. I will understand if you do not want to.

As for tripods in general, we have differing experience. Yours was good and mine was bad. Both our opinions have merit.

A lot of photogs on your forum graduated from it to a non-Manfrotto head and carbon fiber legs, they often consult me to what they should go for. Others have a light camera that upgrading further would be a waste of money or if their camera is heavy it fits their needs so upgrading further would be a waste money. I never talked to you about it because you always got the best shot on the forum, so why upgrade?

It is possible that my experience may be tied to a bad copy of the Manfrotto that may not be representative to everyone else's.

But as Joseph, a camera shop owner, said very few will pay more for 10,000 for a tripod. So whatever I write further on it really wouldn't matter as no one would even buy it. The decision was not easy as anyone may think as it took 3 months to convince myself that it was worth the expense. Thus my opinion to "buy once" rather than graduating from one tripod to another over time. Because you will either sell it at a lose or it will end up being part of your 'tripod collection'. Camera supports unlike camera bodies really do not change all that much over time so they tend to be a decades-long investment. To me tripods are 2nd to good lenses for those who shoot with natural light.

Before the incident happened on your forum I always gave positive comments on all shots that in my opinion was good. It did not matter whether the camera was Canon, it did not matter whether tripod was carbon fiber, it did not matter whether the shooter was male or female, it did not matter whether the person is someone I personally met in person or online and it did not matter if it was a Filipino or non-Filipino who took it. What mattered to me is the shot, itself, that I feel often gets sidelined by the policy of publishing the shooting info, I understand that it is being published for the purpose of educating newbies but I wish it was optional.

In case you are wondering I ceased praising your work because I feel any more positive commentary would be redundant. How can you surpass "excellent"? With Double excellent or Triple excellent? And I know the shots you post are not the best shots in your collection because of the threat of piracy. Believe me, I have experienced piracy of my work many times and it was a motivation for me to start posting my photos at 640px rather than 1024px. At 1024px it appears that you can reproduce it easily to a large tarpaulin.

Romy, you have reached a point where virtually all Filipino photogs whether they shoot birds or not would want to be. This was done by sheer hard work and I never ever doubted Canon's decision to appoint you solely on your technical merit. If I had the time, I would try to copy your Ocono-rific style but sadly I do not.

I hope you will publish your solo book one day as I would like to have you hand write a dedication in my copy.

I also expect a Presidential Medal in your future. Whether it is for science or the arts is really up in the air.

Cheers,

Paolo

Romy Ocon, Philippine Wild Birds (external link)
Over 260 species captured in habitat, and counting.

FJ ­ LOVE
Cream of the Crop
20,883 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 03, 2011 21:39 |  #3055

monk3y wrote in post #13198934 (external link)

SM Cebu North Wing
IMAGE NOT FOUND

Steven my GF will be happy to see this, she thought she would be shopping at grass huts only when we visit

we could leave her and Famous and your credit card there all day and go out shooting on the beach :D

DILLIGAF about your bicycle or your gear

Peter2516
Cream of the Crop
26,309 posts
Gallery: 953 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 03, 2011 22:10 |  #3056

Mr. Romy I checked out your website. You are one heck of a photographer. No words can described your photos. I only started photography a little over a year I wished I can match even 1/4 of your skills over all. Saludo ako sa iyo I am sure there are many of you in your group that as good as you are.

I am glad you could join the thread please keep posting your shots you are for sure an inspiration. 3 na kayo ni Monk3y, Mr Pao Dolina na mga hihahangaan ko, I am glad all is well for both of you and Mr Pao. More power sa inyo, Kung ang Bulls, Lakers, Boston at Miami may big 3, Sa thread na ito kayo ang Big 3. Have fun and peace.

Peter
http://www.flickriver.​com/photos/peterbangay​an (external link)
EOS 5D Mark IV, 1Dx1, 7D Mark I & II/Canon T2i Gripped/EF 500mm f/4L IS USM MK1 / EF70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM / EF100 -400 f4.5-5.6L USM/ EFS 10-22mm/EFS 17-55mm/EFS 18-200mm/Canon 1.4x II/Canon 2x III/ 430EXII / 580EXII.

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,898 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Oct 03, 2011 22:49 |  #3057

dolina wrote in post #13199752 (external link)
POTN and Leo,

===============

Romy,

Cheers,

Paolo

liquidstone wrote in post #13201166 (external link)
Gee..... great to read this Pao. From my end, please be assured that I'm putting everything behind me.

Wishing everybody the sweetest light everytime each one trips a shutter. :)

Not sure exactly what went on here (other than the obvious from the previous posts) but I'm glad to hear that things have been resolved between you two. In the end, we are all one big POTN family here and, just like in real families, I would like to think that we can all work through any differences or issues we may have amounts ourselves. :D

...Leo

ianxxxchua
Goldmember
2,640 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 03, 2011 23:04 |  #3058

awesome monk3y! anyway, here's what i dared to do.

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6016/5938941114_13daf4f0ea_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/61433151@N08/5​938941114/  (external link)
Sunrise at Bangui (external link) by ianxxxchua (external link), on Flickr

all is well that ends well here. that goes to show that we value camaraderie more than pride.

Canon EOS 650D |Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.0 DC OS HSM Macro | Nifty Fifty | Nifty Two Fifty | Yongnou Flash YN 468 | YN RF 602 Remote Flash Trigger
Flickr (external link)

monk3y
Totally Saturated
46,198 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 03, 2011 23:30 |  #3059

FJ LOVE wrote in post #13201672 (external link)
Steven my GF will be happy to see this, she thought she would be shopping at grass huts only when we visit

we could leave her and Famous and your credit card there all day and go out shooting on the beach :D

Hahaha no way :lol: in case you don't know... Some of the biggest malls in the world are found here :lol:

ianxxxchua wrote in post #13201993 (external link)
awesome monk3y! anyway, here's what i dared to do.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/61433151@N08/5​938941114/  (external link)
Sunrise at Bangui (external link) by ianxxxchua (external link), on Flickr

all is well that ends well here. that goes to show that we value camaraderie more than pride.

Thanks Ian... Aweome Bangui... Now show us the windmill hehe

ianxxxchua
Goldmember
2,640 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 03, 2011 23:36 |  #3060

monk3y wrote in post #13202068 (external link)
Hahaha no way :lol: in case you don't know... Some of the biggest malls in the world are found here :lol:

agree with Monk3y here. the last time i checked i think SM Mall of Asia is the 3rd largest in Asia and 4th in the World.

Thanks Ian... Aweome Bangui... Now show us the windmill hehe

hehehe. i will. no time to upload in Flickr the past couple of weeks. the last time I tried (i think it was last saturday) the site's down. so i guess i will have to wait for the week end again.

Canon EOS 650D |Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4.0 DC OS HSM Macro | Nifty Fifty | Nifty Two Fifty | Yongnou Flash YN 468 | YN RF 602 Remote Flash Trigger
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

563,141 views & 0 likes for this thread
Philippines: Are you ready? (Game ka na ba?)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.