Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 26 Sep 2011 (Monday) 14:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wedding couples....doomed?

bigVinnie
835 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 27, 2011 11:52 |  #16

My wife an I decided to get married after about 2 months.

Been together 23 years now, married by a JOTP.

Act1 Photo Booths (external link)

sponsored links
Chris
Goldmember
4,128 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 27, 2011 14:57 |  #17

1 date, 6 month engagement for us and married 30 years now. We've told our children not to follow our example of dating, of course.

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

casp3r
Goldmember
1,515 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2006

Sep 27, 2011 14:58 |  #18

Engagement after 5 months, married 17 months later, 18 years married with 5 kids :)

http://www.mcarberypho​to.co.uk (external link)
http://www.niaviation.​co.uk (external link)
Facebook (external link)

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
13,778 posts
Joined May 2004

Sep 27, 2011 15:18 |  #19

My wife and I were engaged within 4 months of meeting, married within 8 months of meeting, married now for 27 years.

TANSTAAFL--The Only Unbreakable Rule in Photography

TS656577
59 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 27, 2011 15:28 |  #20

My mom's friend was married within three months of meeting this guy and they've been married for almost 12 years now.

Jimconnerphoto
Goldmember
2,165 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 27, 2011 16:17 |  #21

dated 9 years, engaged for 3 years and now married for 5. I held out to the bitter end!

Wedding and Portraits www.jimconnerphoto.com (external link)
Commercial Work www.jamesdconner.com (external link)

Gizmo1137
960 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 28, 2011 14:39 |  #22

trevorus wrote in post #13171032 (external link)
You've got to have some shots of that!

Actually I did not take any. Besides concern for my safety and that of my equipment, the situation was tense and chaotic and so I stepped out in the lobby to see what the resolution would be. Thought what the heck go back in and take a few shots which was when the hall management put and end to it.

Best, Bruce

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 28, 2011 14:42 |  #23

I'll vouch for the other end of the spectrum...

I dated my wife for five weeks before we got engaged. Married a year later and we just celebrated our 16th anniversary...

Love =/= Conventional Wisdom

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Shamir
508 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 04, 2011 07:27 |  #24

I've had couples breaking up weeks after the wedding.. thats why I charge 100% of my price tag before the wedding!!!!!!!! hahaha

But yeah, I kinda know when couples will break up soon..

Had this couple on the e-photoshoot that I told them "lets give a little kiss for the picture" and she was going to kiss him, and he told me "Who? me?" .... I said laughing "no, me!!!!! " hahaha

Shamir
My Website - Click Here (external link)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,093 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Oct 04, 2011 07:39 |  #25

It is sad to see couples break up any time, but when you take so many pictures of the wedding, everyone smiling, etc., it's really disappointing. I'm not sure any of the couples I've shot are separated. I don't try to judge. Most of the time, they are friends, so I know their story. But for just regular customers, you never know.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

st3venb
211 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Oct 12, 2011 18:25 |  #26

My wife and I dated for 7 years before getting hitched... been 7 months... expect many more years.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.
my humble sites:
{flickr (external link) } { seeingflashes.com (external link) }

Jimconnerphoto
Goldmember
2,165 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 12, 2011 22:58 |  #27

Just heard from a groom from a wedding several months back. They are having issues and I felt really bad. They were a fun couple. She left a few days ago.

hairy_moth
Goldmember
3,739 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 13, 2011 07:38 |  #28

zagiace wrote in post #13243637 (external link)
Just heard from a groom from a wedding several months back. They are having issues and I felt really bad. They were a fun couple. She left a few days ago.

That's a shame.. but as I read this, my mind wondered to: Why did you hear from the groom? If my marriage were about to break up, it really wouldn't occur to me that I should let the photographer know.

I hope you have been paid and he wasn't calling to say that they won't be needing those pictures after all! Did he want his money back or was he just calling everyone associated with the wedding to let them know?

7D | 300D | G1X | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 | EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro | EF 85mm f/1.8 | 70-200 f/2.8L MkII -- flickr (external link)

SMP_Homer
Cream of the Crop
5,709 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 13, 2011 09:12 |  #29

wildest one for me was meeting B&G with his mom to book their photographer...
mom was picking up the tab, but the bride insisted that the money go through her... you could really tell that the mom didn't like her future dil, and didn't trust her with that payment (and probably didn't trust her with anything)

within hours of mom paying me in full for a wedding 8-ish months away, the bride was contacting me asking for anything over the deposit refunded back to her, and she would re-pay this portion come the wedding... I of course declined (I had mom sign the contract, as she was paying), and that lead to more craziness (read: unconventional offers) from this lady... I eventually forwarded all those emails and details to the mother that had made the payment, offered her a full refund (including deposit) if for some reason the wedding didn't go ahead as planned... within a couple of weeks, it was off...

EOS R6’ / 1D X / 1D IV (and the wife has a T4i)
Sig35A, Sig50A, Sig85A, Sig14-24A, Sig24-105A, Sig70-200S, Sig150-600C
100-400L, 100L, 100/2, 300 2.8L, 1.4x II / 2x II
600EX-II X3, 430EX-III X3

Jimconnerphoto
Goldmember
2,165 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 13, 2011 11:24 |  #30

hairy_moth wrote in post #13244652 (external link)
That's a shame.. but as I read this, my mind wondered to: Why did you hear from the groom? If my marriage were about to break up, it really wouldn't occur to me that I should let the photographer know.

I hope you have been paid and he wasn't calling to say that they won't be needing those pictures after all! Did he want his money back or was he just calling everyone associated with the wedding to let them know?

I have been waiting for a few months to hear from them about approving their album. He called to ask me to finish up the album and send it to her parents house. He wants her to see it and hopes it will remind her of their day.
I was paid before the wedding.

sponsored links

5,618 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wedding couples....doomed?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.