Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 01 Oct 2011 (Saturday) 09:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

heart problems and in the hospital

James504
431 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 01, 2011 09:05 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

thought this would be the best place to put this...if not mods please move. I am In the hospital at the moment having some heart problems and complications with my diabetes. If you believe in prayer throw one up for me I feel confident that i will be ok health wise once they get me medicated however....my greatest fear is that i may have to sell most if not all of my camera gear just to pay the hospital bills =[I will keep you all updated as i find out more.

sponsored links
Big ­ Apple ­ Photography
Wish I had a 5D Classic
4,148 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 02, 2011 13:23 |  #2

Will do. ;)

Keep us updated.

Love POTN? Donate!
Feel like spending your money? Support POTN while doing that! Shop here! ;) (external link)TF IS BOORING...Undeserving of the TF's further attention, but sadly in need of a spell-check (external link)

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 02, 2011 16:04 |  #3

Get well soon :)

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hillbille
530 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 02, 2011 16:35 as a reply to  @ Mike's post |  #4

I was diagnosed with Diabetes type II in 1993. Thought I had it under control. Suffered two coronaries within 6 days of each other in 2006.3 angiograms in 6 weeks and stints. Lucky to be alive now so been there done that! Praying for your recovery and ultimate health.

Hillbille

Rebel T2i, XS, Rebel T3; EF-S 70 - 300mm non L; EF-S 55 - 250mm; 50mm 1.8; 18 - 55 kit; YN-560; YN-468 - Pure Fun and Raw excitement.

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,328 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Oct 03, 2011 03:20 |  #5

Thoughts and prayers out. Get well soon.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ….com&ctz=Americ​a/New_York (external link)

Majik ­ Imaje
292 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 03, 2011 13:35 as a reply to  @ asysin2leads's post |  #6

YOU have nothing to worry about. Your photography equipment is easily replaced!!

Prayers are powerful and they work! I am the walking miracle to prove this is true. Somehow; someway - I have survived 15 heart attacks! My doctors keep shaking their head(s) Who the heck are you ? I've had surgery only twice. My last attack was over a year ago and I am doing just fine.

PM me when you get out of your hospital visit. I just happen to know a way to have ALL YOUR BILLS PAID in full. ( I am 100% serious).

God Bless & good luck.

Practice .. .. .. ... .. makes .. ... .. "better":cool:
30 YEARS OF ARCTIC PHOTOGRAPHS (external link)

Los ­ Pollos ­ Hermanos
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 03, 2011 14:54 as a reply to  @ Majik Imaje's post |  #7

Good luck and get well soon. I highly recommend fish oil, and niacin when you get out of there ;)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 04, 2011 08:36 |  #8

Get well, and don't sweat the gear - it's all replaceable.

Johandyman
141 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Oct 06, 2011 05:31 as a reply to  @ rick_reno's post |  #9

You will be in my prayers thats for sure! And like the others said - gear is replaceable - you are not!
Get well soon :)

Johandyman.dk (external link)
"Oh, and sometimes more length isn't better" - GFWilliams

Joe ­ Ravenstein
Goldmember
2,338 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 06, 2011 07:00 |  #10

Prayers sent up for a successful recovery from your heart / diabetes issues I am a type 2 diabetes recipient sourtesy of Uncle Sams lack of concern with the handling of agent orange. I have a nice colorful scar from crotch to knee plus lets just say several scars on my chest. and a unit implanted in my chest that might go off walking through a stores security measures up front. BUT I am here typing which for me is very good considering the alternative path if I had not had good docs and surgeons. I just noticed someone made a comment on having had several heart attacks. My grandfather on my mothers side survived 83 recordable heart attacks. In the 50s and 60s that was a record # I don't know if it has been broken but I did not catch on about genetics until I was interviewed in the hospital on family members with cardiac issues in their lifetimes. DOH

Canon 60D,18-55mm,55-250mm,50mm compact macro, AF ext tubes. Sigma 8-16mm uwa, 18-250mm, 85mm F1.4, 150-500mm

ni$mo350
Cream of the Crop
6,011 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 06, 2011 07:08 |  #11

You'll be in my thoughts. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

-Chris-Website (external link)|| (external link)Facebook (external link)|| My Flickr (external link)|| Follow me!!! 500px (external link) || (external link) 5D mkii || 35L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS MKII || My bank account hates you all :cry:

led ­ hed
Goldmember
1,929 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 06, 2011 08:12 |  #12

thinking and praying for you.

Rob - "a photographer is a painter, in a hurry!"
Canon 7D ~ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS MKII ~ Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS ~ Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II ~ Canon 430EX ~ Canon EF 2.0X III Telephoto Extender ~ Canon SX230 HS

ROGERWILCO357
Goldmember
1,551 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 06, 2011 22:32 |  #13

prayers sent get well your health comes first ..
I may be in the same boat soon I have diabetes and high blood pressure guess I better see the doc. my blood pressure was like 178 over 98 is that bad the nurse said it is and to see the primary doc but not sure was that hype or fact?

EOS 5DMKII gripped;EOS 7D;30D:Rebel Xti Digital;24-105L,70-200 f/2.8L.II,85mm f1.2L.II,16-35Lmk2, SP AF90mmF/2.8DI,28-135mm x 2,580EX II-430ExII with Pocket Wizards II,(Adobe CS5)

James504
THREAD ­ STARTER
431 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 07, 2011 08:51 |  #14
bannedPermanent ban

wow thanks every one for the great responses.... Well i am out and feeling so much better after a week and a half of treatment and eating better....I have 2 types of insulin i am on now and met. as well as 2 different blood pressure/cholesteral meds... I have no insurance so i will def. be selling some gear to help pay for meds and stuff. Going to open a thread here soon

selling my 5DII , 135L and my 85 1.2 =[

smacatl
Goldmember
1,538 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 07, 2011 10:10 |  #15

Prayers and best wishes for a full and quick recovery from Atlanta - sorry about the gear, but anything material is replaceable.

Godspeed!

Please keep us posted

Smacatl
Premier Member of the OGUS Photo Club (Over-Geared, Under-Skilled) (with Credit to our President & Founder JWCDDS)
Gear List

sponsored links

2,689 views & 0 likes for this thread
heart problems and in the hospital
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.