Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Sep 2011 (Wednesday) 15:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D II Deals

eninety
383 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Oct 06, 2011 10:24 |  #196
bannedPermanent ban

dgsphoto wrote in post #13209792 (external link)
Henry's is on backorder for about 4+ weeks for delivery on the kit.

It seems they do not charge untill they are ready to ship which means yesterday's exchange rate may not be applicable. The USD to CAD could swing either way by the time the order is ready to ship. Last week, I paid $2 more in USD after everything.

Have they already charged you? What does the online order say?

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, how about currency conversion charges?

Wow... i never got notice that they are waiting on stock... where/how did you find that out?

sponsored links
Wallace ­ River
" ...a bit of a pervy voyeur "
12,531 posts
Gallery: 139 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 06, 2011 10:33 |  #197

eninety wrote in post #13213173 (external link)
Wow... i never got notice that they are waiting on stock... where/how did you find that out?

From henrys.com website :

Due to high demand this product is temporarily sold out. More stock will be arriving soon!

Order now and we'll ship it to you as soon as it's available. Please note that you will not be charged until your purchase is shipped to you.

IAN - Living life on the shores of the Wallace River in northern Nova Scotia, Canada :
Canon 1D4, 1D-X, almost enough glass.
My Flickr (external link).

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 06, 2011 11:28 |  #198

eninety wrote in post #13213173 (external link)

It says on their website that they are backordered 7-14 days. I have a reason to believe that those ETAs are a bit unrealistic and it could actually take longer for some if not all based on their spot in the line.

One other thing I learnt is that it's best to pay by paypal because the rate is then locked in the day the paypal transaction is completed (and not the day it is initiated).

If one uses a debit/credit card directly (not through paypal), it gets worse because the credit/debit card companies wait for the submission of the signed contract by the payment processor (which typically is 45 days cycle) and uses the exchange rate as of the day the contract is submitted to the bank. The term "contract" here means the agreement to pay when a card is swiped/charged by the retailer through the payment processing company.

Expext a minimum 3% charge with cc/db from banks. 2.5% currency conversion from paypal. Credit unions are a mixed bag. Some charge, others don't.

JP05
74 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 06, 2011 11:42 |  #199

Yup, you guys called it. There's a charge for 61.28 for a foreign transaction fee. But, still not complaining here. Got it for $300 less than I would have in the US. And even less still than I would have paid for a refurbished from Canon (with taxes and shipping to NC). We just won't mention that extra 62 bucks to my hubby ;)

Canon 5D Mark ii -- Canon 24-70 2.8L -- Canon 100mm 2.8L -- Canon 85 1.8 -- Canon 580ex ii

supralx570
134 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 06, 2011 11:47 |  #200

How about warranty? does it still apply? Is this an authorized Canon dealer?

5D MK III; 24-70 L 2.8 II USM; 70-200 L 2.8 USM II; 580 EX II

JP05
74 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 06, 2011 11:52 |  #201

The warranty card included in the box clearly states US and Canada valid warranty. It lists the numbers to call for your country.

Canon 5D Mark ii -- Canon 24-70 2.8L -- Canon 100mm 2.8L -- Canon 85 1.8 -- Canon 580ex ii

eninety
383 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Oct 06, 2011 13:28 |  #202
bannedPermanent ban

Wallace River wrote in post #13213214 (external link)
From henrys.com website :

Due to high demand this product is temporarily sold out. More stock will be arriving soon!

Order now and we'll ship it to you as soon as it's available. Please note that you will not be charged until your purchase is shipped to you.

interesting. i didn't have that when i ordered. oh well. luckily i still have my d700 :)

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 06, 2011 13:33 |  #203

eninety wrote in post #13213833 (external link)
interesting. i didn't have that when i ordered. oh well. luckily i still have my d700 :)

Good for you then....coz. that means they had enough stock when you placed your order. Hopefully you get yours soon.

I had to send mine back due to dead/stuck pixels.

Back to the search....Maybe I will try Merkle as they (and Simons) are the only ones who have a 14 day refund/exchange policy. All others are excxhange only and most are non-refundable shipping both ways even if defective which sucks.

cyrus880
84 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 06, 2011 13:52 |  #204

dgsphoto wrote in post #13213852 (external link)
I had to send mine back due to dead/stuck pixels.

Deal pixels on the LCD? Interesting, I'll have to go home and check mine.

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 06, 2011 14:09 |  #205

cyrus880 wrote in post #13213945 (external link)
Deal pixels on the LCD? Interesting, I'll have to go home and check mine.

Not on the LCD. These hot/stuck/dead pixels were on the sensor. At least 16 pixels/groups of pixels that I could see. Although, I am sure that this is probably a one off case, Canon did totally missed the ball wrt QC on this one!

So far Henrys been great with RMA although we are waiting on closure as the camera is still in transit back to Henry's.

I wanted to order a replacement with Henry's but they are severely backlogged it seems, so I am still thinking. I will see how they close on the RMA and go from there.

dgsphoto
421 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 06, 2011 17:17 |  #206

vilimo wrote in post #13212881 (external link)
bought 7D from Merkle Camera. They still have the 5D
http://www.merklecamer​a.com …a9-41e8-9be2-3d1463943c39 (external link)

How quick were they with the shipment? How was your purchase experience?

Biological ­ Contagion
359 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 07, 2011 09:41 |  #207

Mine left Montreal at 3:30AM yesterday and got to my local post office near Memphis at 8:30AM this morning... Hope it is in my hands today!

Feedback
Flickr (external link)

vilimo
555 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 07, 2011 09:48 |  #208

It took less than a week to get it from them. Placed the order last friday and paid through paypal. Got the camera last night. I have no issue buying from them and recommending them. Very helpful & friendly.

dgsphoto wrote in post #13214673 (external link)
How quick were they with the shipment? How was your purchase experience?

Biological ­ Contagion
359 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 07, 2011 20:15 |  #209

Just got mine from Galaxy Camera only 48 hours after making the payment. Impressive.

Feedback
Flickr (external link)

ender78
466 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 09, 2011 14:59 |  #210

Its really cool to see a good deal head south. For year's we Canadians have had to buy our gear from the US.

sponsored links

30,480 views & 0 likes for this thread
5D II Deals
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.