monk3y wrote in post #13215020
Hey Peter... as for my workflow here it goes...
1. I shoot everything in raw
2. Import everything to LR3
3. Cull/remove unusable photos (a lot haha)
4. what I do first is crop align and lens correction... I tend to have a lot of distortion coz I mostly use an UWA Lens
5. then the usual exposure adjustment, I always avoid using contrast and clarity now, and tend to brighten the scene and use the Black slider
6. Use GND/ND and brush to adjust or even out the scene
7. then add a bit of vibrance then play with specific color sliders
8. lastly do some sharpening and noise if necessary...
9. export w/ watermark or go to PS.
I only go to PS for the following...
1. to use mask ( I am bad at this haha)
2. to clone out a lot of things ( I am learning)
3. to blend exposure of 2 shots if the filters can't compensate for the DR
4. lately, to correct massive distortion like my SM shot
so basically that's it, after doing my thing on PS, I tend to save the PS file back to LR then export it from there too
after all that if I am still not satisfied I either reedit it again from scratch or try to do a little bit of everything again haha
anyway here's another shot from the helipad on my sister's condo in Mandaluyong
I appreciate sharing your workflow like me I start with LR3 then go to cs4 and add border/ I am also learning still the cloning,vanishing point I am so bad for smoothing the edges once I have thing that I don't like vanished but I don't do this very often that is why I dont get used to it, I will need to more practicing. But Monk3y thanks for sharing your workflow...If you don't mind I will try it.
Your workflow is very good IMO, It make sense to do the sharpening, noise reduction as last step before moving on to PS. But why not use clarity? me too I don't use contrast, I have to learn how to use the brush, ND,GND I know how to use them a little bit. Thanks
This is insane pic man. I love UWA so if you are buying another uwa which one you are getting? Thanks again.