Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Oct 2011 (Saturday) 23:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post a picture of your iPhone 4 case!

Hard ­ Drive ­ Disk
485 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Oct 08, 2011 23:31 |  #1

I'm looking for a case for my new phone, post a picture and the name of your case

Gear List
I Love ThinkTank
Is It Normal for Me to Have 7 Camera Bags?

sponsored links
rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Oct 09, 2011 06:12 |  #2

I am not going to take a photo, but here is a link:

OtterBox Universal Defender Case for iPhone 4 (Black Silicone & Black Plastic) (external link)

I really like the case. Otterbox makes a lot of different cases all of which are of superior quality.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

crn3371
Cream of the Crop
7,198 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Oct 09, 2011 20:50 |  #3

Choosing the "right" case for an iPhone is a lot like choosing the "perfect" camera bag. It doesn't exist. I had the Otterbox Defender on my 3Gs iPhone. It's well made, and bulletproof, but I ended up taking it off recently and started using a generic slim line plastic case. The Otterbox case just added too much bulk to the phone. Part of any Apple products appeal is the styling. Wrapping the phone in 2 layers of hard plastic and silicone rubber kind of defeated all of that. My daughter has the standard basic Apple rubber bumper on her iPhone 4 and it does just fine for protection, without bulking up the phone.

dawgfan
402 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 10, 2011 12:13 |  #4

These are a great deal and my favorite so far. Executive field case for my 4.

http://store.magpul.co​m/prod_detail_list/125 (external link)

Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Friend
Feedback

CROW21
440 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 11, 2011 15:38 |  #5

Try the Otterbox commuter is less bulky than the defender , i like it and use it more than the other ones i have .

Gear : Canon XTI w/Kit lens , Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II , Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG APO , Canon 430EX Speedlite , Canon Wireless Remote Control RC1

theextremist04
Goldmember
1,224 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Oct 13, 2011 13:40 |  #6

I like the otterbox commuter a lot too.

-Michael
Gear - Flickr (external link) - Website (external link) - Facebook (external link)

VillanuevaPhotography
640 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 13, 2011 20:36 |  #7

dawgfan wrote in post #13229714 (external link)
These are a great deal and my favorite so far. Executive field case for my 4.

http://store.magpul.co​m/prod_detail_list/125 (external link)

I saw Magpul on it and I was sold! Doesn't anyone know if this case will work with an AT&T iPhone 4S?

| Gear List | Online Portfolio (external link) | Instagram (external link)|

Apollo.11
Goldmember
1,845 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 13, 2011 20:38 |  #8

CROW21 wrote in post #13236164 (external link)
Try the Otterbox commuter is less bulky than the defender , i like it and use it more than the other ones i have .

I have the otterbox reflex which is smaller than the commuter.

Some Stuff

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Oct 13, 2011 22:48 |  #9

I love all of the Otterbox products. None of them are bad, but I love mine.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

meglet
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 15, 2011 20:03 |  #10

My favorite case is a black iFrogz Luxe Lean case. Simple, slim, and protective. But since I'm easily bored, I also have an entire (small) bin full of other cases.

In fact, I have an entire Flickr set devoted to reviewing my original stash of iPhone 4 cases. Link (external link) I really should update that, as I've added a few more cases since then. :)

If you like the Boxwave (external link) cases mentioned in the set, btw, they currently have a whole bunch of iPhone 4/4S cases on sale right now, and their shipping is reasonable. I just ordered another stack of cases for about $1.50 each, in fact. :oops:

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | Tamron SP 60mm f/2 Macro Di II | Samyang 8mm f/3.8 VDSLR Fish-eye

CROW21
440 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 18, 2011 10:26 |  #11

I also used to have a sedio case for my old Iphone 3G www.seidioonline.com (external link) , i loved that case , check it out .

Gear : Canon XTI w/Kit lens , Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II , Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG APO , Canon 430EX Speedlite , Canon Wireless Remote Control RC1

AngryCorgi
-Bouncing Boy- a POTN peion
11,547 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Location: Surrounded by bunnies, squirrels and a couple of crazy corgis in NoVA...

Oct 18, 2011 13:42 |  #12

rklepper wrote in post #13224276 (external link)
I am not going to take a photo, but here is a link:

OtterBox Universal Defender Case for iPhone 4 (Black Silicone & Black Plastic) (external link)

I really like the case. Otterbox makes a lot of different cases all of which are of superior quality.

Same thing here, only mine is white silicone over black plastic. I don't see myself using the belt clip, but I love the beefy case. Very protective.

Don't bother with their newer one either. The 3 separate holes on the front (one for sensor, one for ear-speaker, and one for for camera) are replaced with a single one that appears to offer zero protection. The older variant with the 3 holes offers protection over the sensor and front camera (clear plastic).

AngryCorgi (external link) (aka Tom) ...Tools...

...Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to include it in a fruit salad...

AngryCorgi
-Bouncing Boy- a POTN peion
11,547 posts
Joined Aug 2005
Location: Surrounded by bunnies, squirrels and a couple of crazy corgis in NoVA...

Oct 18, 2011 13:51 |  #13

For reference, here is the newer iPhone 4S Defender:

IMAGE: http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-otterbox_us-Site/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1318952182952/images/largeLB/apl2-i4sun-20-4.jpg
IMAGE: http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-otterbox_us-Site/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1318952182952/images/largeLB/apl2-i4sun-20.jpg

And this is the older Universal Defender Case (works with 4 and 4S):

IMAGE: http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-otterbox_us-Site/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1318952182952/images/largeLB/apl2-i4xxx-20-1.jpg
IMAGE: http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-otterbox_us-Site/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1318952182952/images/largeLB/apl2-i4xxx-20-4.jpg

AngryCorgi (external link) (aka Tom) ...Tools...

...Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to include it in a fruit salad...

kwando
Goldmember
1,345 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 19, 2011 11:34 |  #14

These are my favorite cases. Hard rubber unlike the silicone ones that attract lint. Protects the back, sides,and has a lip for the front. Made for an iPhone 4 (non 4S) but still works

http://www.amazon.com …TF8&qid=1319041​984&sr=1-2 (external link)

~Simon~
My Gear | My Feedback | Smugmug (external link)
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1213134

Higgs ­ Boson
Goldmember
1,958 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 20, 2011 14:30 |  #15

I love Speck cases, have one for the 4s and ipad2. check em out.

A9 | 25 | 55 | 85 | 90 | 135

sponsored links

3,246 views & 0 likes for this thread
Post a picture of your iPhone 4 case!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.