Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 19 Sep 2011 (Monday) 16:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My terrible B&H experience

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Sep 26, 2011 11:53 |  #76

On topic please.

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

sponsored links
tats
THREAD ­ STARTER
869 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Oct 10, 2011 15:46 |  #77

I wanted to take a minute and update this thread - I went to B&H last week and had an AMAZING customer service experience.

I went because I had previously rented a 70-200 2.8 IS II on my old Xsi and didn't remember it as heavy as all the threads here make it out to be. I spent some time with Jeff at the DSLR counter and my 1 question turned into 45 min discussing everything from CPL's to bag choices to extension tubes. A few times Jeff even stopped and asked me I had the time for him to show me something else, or go farther down a tangent I had started.

I find it pretty rare to have a CSR be conscious of wasting YOUR time instead of making you feel like they have a better way to spend their time.

Thinking my bad example was just super coincidence of catching certain people on bad days.

Rob
Canon 5DMkII -- Zeiss 21 2.8 -- 35L -- 50 1.8 -- 70-200 2.8L IS II FOR SALE -- 2X III Extender SOLD
Feedback/Gear --- Flickr (external link)

mckinleypics
Goldmember
1,809 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Oct 10, 2011 15:49 |  #78

Great to hear! I really hope I get the chance to go to the store someday. For now, I will just have to rely on the phone guys trying to impress me by finding exactly what I need in record time.

Dave
7D, 70-200mm 2.8 L IS, 24-70mm 2.8 L, 50mm 1.4, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, 580EXII
My Flickr (external link)

TheBurningCrown
Goldmember
4,882 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 10, 2011 23:06 |  #79

tats wrote in post #13230745 (external link)
Thinking my bad example was just super coincidence of catching certain people on bad days.

Glad to hear :). I've had nothing but great experiences with B&H.

-Dave
Gear List & Feedback
flickr (external link)

henryp
419 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Oct 11, 2011 09:52 |  #80

tats wrote in post #13230745 (external link)
I wanted to take a minute and update this thread - I went to B&H last week and had an AMAZING customer service experience.

Thank you for taking the time to post this. This is very gratifying and very much appreciated.

Henry Posner (external link)
B&H Photo-Video (external link)

aboss3
Goldmember
2,616 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Oct 11, 2011 12:29 |  #81
bannedPermanent ban

Maybe it's just my personal experience, but I've been on the phone with them quite a few times, and every single person was professional helping me resolve the issue to the best of their abilities. This is very strange to me, as I'm a big fan of B&H, especially their pricing. I'm sure there's someone here from their customer service dept who will see your post and probably have a closer look at the issue with the supervisor. Otherwise, my personal experience has been nothing short of great.

Gear | My gear is changing faster than I can update the signature
VoyageEyewear (external link)

Calindy
816 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 11, 2011 23:47 |  #82

I went to NY for the very first time at the end of September. Our cruise ship stopped in NY so we took 3 days to see the sights. B & H was on my list :)! I ended up messing up my media card insert on my 7 D, so I was without a camera, even though it was my last day on vacation, I wanted a camera . So hubby & I went into B & H and we were amazed! Kid in a candy store is really a good description. I decided to look at the refurb G cameras. I got a great Canon G10 for $200. The rep was very helpful, and told us how to do checkout. We looked at the crowd and thought it would take a long time, it did not!! We had a great experience :D! It is good they are so far away for me, I could spend a lot of time and $$$ there, which I could not afford.

Calindy
Photography is my Prozac!
Canon Digital EOS 7 D, Lenses: EF IS 100-400mm L USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM , Tamron 18-270 mm, Canon EF 50 mm F/1:4 USM, Tokina 11-16MM F/2.8 ATX 116 Lens, 430EX Canon Flash, Canon G 10 , Blackrapid R-7 Strap

sponsored links

6,316 views & 0 likes for this thread
My terrible B&H experience
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.