Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 29 Sep 2011 (Thursday) 14:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

OH MAN-- I WAS WRONG

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 06, 2011 15:45 |  #31

scorpio_e wrote in post #13199077 (external link)
I bet there is an announcement. Canon is WAY overdue for a replacement.... They need to catch up and pass Nikon.

How so is it "WAY" overdue? The 5D lasted 3 years in the marketplace and there was a big tsunami earlier this year plus a very sluggish global economy still.

sponsored links
scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,384 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 08, 2011 21:09 |  #32

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #13214366 (external link)
How so is it "WAY" overdue? The 5D lasted 3 years in the marketplace and there was a big tsunami earlier this year plus a very sluggish global economy still.

You really think Canon does not need to replace the 5D MKII?

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

MetalRain
652 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 08, 2011 22:20 |  #33

quit wasting your time on tech that is uncertain and go out and take pictures already. how much more do you guys need? seriously? more obsessed with gear you don't own than using what you have. seeing 5D3 threads every day.. think of all the photos that could have been created with that energy and time.

5D3 | 16-35mm L MKII | 24-70L MKI | 70-200L MKII | Canon 400mm IS 2.8L | ∑85 | Einstein x3 |

3Rotor
765 posts
Joined May 2009

Oct 09, 2011 00:09 |  #34

^, +1. Well put, shoot with what you got.

I know it nice to try to keep up with the "newest" and "latest" but honestly, I can't image how incredibly tough it was to capture images a coupe of years ago. What? Do we need a self-operating camera these days? I'd say 95% of the Mark II users don't even utilize it's full capabilities.

JESSEMAK.COM (external link)

Kirill
728 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Oct 11, 2011 14:01 |  #35

JayStar86 wrote in post #13191863 (external link)
I for one believe the "announcement" of a 5D MkIII and the rumours are true this time around.... anytime now they will "announce" it and release it in all likely hood Q1 of 2012.

If canon will announce it now and it be available in Q1 2012 - this will kill holiday sales of current products - not a smart thing to do.

I think the best answer is here
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1091753

form
"inadequately equipped"
4,929 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 11, 2011 17:15 |  #36

I have been shooting with "what I've got" for a very long time now. I have narrowed down the number of equipment failures over the years, and the number has diminished most recently to only two: Self-caused failures, and AF unreliability. AF unreliability is still...still not resolved. This should have been fixed in the 5D II. It was not...

Canon should have put a better AF system in their non-pro cameras because, after all, we DID spend over $2k on the body alone. If I had the money, I would have jumped ship a LONG time ago simply on account of being so sick and tired of an unreliable AF system that I cannot trust.

Las Vegas Wedding Photographer: http://www.joeyallenph​oto.com (external link)

Gel
Goldmember
1,118 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 12, 2011 06:00 |  #37

Kirill wrote in post #13235742 (external link)
If canon will announce it now and it be available in Q1 2012 - this will kill holiday sales of current products - not a smart thing to do.

I think the best answer is here
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1091753

Depends what they release. Holiday sales don't usually consist of a $2000+ body but more rebel ti's and Evil's

If it's a 1 series then it won't impact anything as it's the pro market that buys them.

Chris Giles Photography

GrillZ
246 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 13, 2011 16:51 |  #38

I just hope it can shoot video at 60fps and have auto focus during video.... that the only improvements I can ask for from using my 5d2....

www.1stClassVisuals.co​m (external link)
5D MK III | Canon 70-200L IS II | Canon 16-35L II | Canon 1.4x Extender II | 2x AB800's + 1xABR800 | 4x Cactus V5 Triggers | + More coming soon!
My Flickr (external link)

sigma ­ pi
Cream of the Crop
11,204 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 13, 2011 16:57 |  #39

GrillZ wrote in post #13247102 (external link)
I just hope it can shoot video at 60fps and have auto focus during video.... that the only improvements I can ask for from using my 5d2....

:lol: I wish the AF worked in stills mode

Don't try to confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up.
http://www.flickr.com …6850267535/in/p​hotostream (external link)

JayStar86
Goldmember
3,531 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 14, 2011 13:56 |  #40

sigma pi wrote in post #13247130 (external link)

LMAO!!!! bw!

---Jay---
Gear and Feedback
flikr (external link)

GrillZ
246 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 14, 2011 16:53 |  #41

sigma pi wrote in post #13247130 (external link)

JayStar86 wrote in post #13251137 (external link)
LMAO!!!! bw!

lmaooo... what jay said... hahahah

www.1stClassVisuals.co​m (external link)
5D MK III | Canon 70-200L IS II | Canon 16-35L II | Canon 1.4x Extender II | 2x AB800's + 1xABR800 | 4x Cactus V5 Triggers | + More coming soon!
My Flickr (external link)

Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 14, 2011 17:15 as a reply to  @ GrillZ's post |  #42

Like others, I have zero interest in buying what is shown next week (unless 5d3 with swivel screen), but it does get me excited to see what types of improvements to expect to see with all their new sensors.

The 70D could be enough of an improvement that I won't need to go FF. :D

My 500PX (external link)

lapiqurestudios
236 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 17, 2011 23:52 |  #43

Metal Rain...This IS a rumors thread man. That's what people do here read up on latest rumors and new tech coming down the pipe. If you don't like what's going on in the "Rumors" thread go and take pictures then. Why are YOU here giving people a hard time about talking about the "rumors" in the "RUMORS" thread. yeesh. If we were talking about all of this in the "portraits" thread then I understand the need for your comment but we're not in any other thread other then the "rumors" one.

www.javierherreraphoto​graphy.com (external link)
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 24-70 f2.8L, Sigma 85 1.4, 70-200mm F2.8 L, Profoto Acute 2 1200 w/s lighting systems, AB Einsteins

sponsored links

8,208 views & 0 likes for this thread
OH MAN-- I WAS WRONG
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.