Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 27 Aug 2008 (Wednesday) 12:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Woo hoo Alamy!

DarkBoxPhotography
380 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 12, 2011 15:52 |  #961

AzzKicker wrote in post #13241255 (external link)
I sold one editorial pic :( and thats it. 29 bucks i think is what i got when its all said and done.

Roughly how many pictures you have uploaded and for how long?

Adrian
Gear
My website

sponsored links
adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 12, 2011 16:04 |  #962

As well as luck I think it is a numbers game, three months ago I introduced a friend at work into Alamy, last month he had three sales totalling just over $250, he had three hundred images on there at the moement

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

DarkBoxPhotography
380 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 12, 2011 17:25 as a reply to  @ adrian5127's post |  #963

I read that. I am nowhere near that number yet and my adding is being delayed by their lenghty QC process. I could probably add few 100s of pic in one go, but one of them can fail the whole batch.

I read a comment on their forums, one guy says he's got 14,000 (!) images uploaded and is selling about one per day. That must took him years to upload

Adrian
Gear
My website

photoguy6405
Cream of the Crop
5,306 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Oct 12, 2011 18:50 |  #964

ReBeL wrote in post #13241961 (external link)
==ReBeL=;13241961]I read that. I am nowhere near that number yet and my adding is being delayed by their lenghty QC process. I could probably add few 100s of pic in one go, but one of them can fail the whole batch.

I read a comment on their forums, one guy says he's got 14,000 (!) images uploaded and is selling about one per day. That must took him years to upload

I haven't uploaded anything in about two years, but when I did I only did 10-15 at a time precisely because of that "one fails they all fail" issue. I really wish they'd fix that.

Website: Iowa Landscape Photography (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear List & Feedback
Equipment For Sale: Canon PowerShot A95

AzzKicker
Goldmember
1,105 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Oct 13, 2011 07:49 |  #965

ReBeL wrote in post #13241569 (external link)
==ReBeL=;13241569]Roug​hly how many pictures you have uploaded and for how long?

I only have 21 pics and probably 1 yrs there.

Ruben D. Zamora
Canon 6D Mark II, Canon 20-35L,Genesis 200 Strobe

DarkBoxPhotography
380 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 13, 2011 14:24 as a reply to  @ AzzKicker's post |  #966

I had my first 'view' today. Almost felt like a sale :confused:

5 days and still stuck on 'processing', even though it says there that processing 'avarage takes 24 hours' :rolleyes:

Adrian
Gear
My website

shebee
161 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Oct 13, 2011 18:25 as a reply to  @ DarkBoxPhotography's post |  #967

Joined alamy a few days ago.
What do you guys think of it?
I mainly do macro photography and somehow I have the feeling that macro photography isn't a big seller over at alamy? Could this be.
Not judging by my experience in selling photos, but I was just searching around etc. and it just seemed it's not that popular over there.

Do you guys know any other sites I could try selling my macro photographs?

500px (external link)
Razzi (external link)
Please give me some constructive criticism and comments.

ChrisRabior
THREAD ­ STARTER
826 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 14, 2011 21:31 |  #968

I've had a lot of Alamy sales that were priced out with terms that indicated they would be used for textbooks. In that sense, I would imagine macro shots would have an excellent place with the site.. unfortunately just not a very broad group of buyers. For the time it takes to submit, what's there to lose by sending the macro?

My Gear | My Alamy (external link) | My Website (external link) | MMA Photography (external link)

gary88
Goldmember
4,009 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 20, 2011 18:29 |  #969

Anything will sell if there's a buyer for it. If anything, you'll be the go-to-guy for macro shots :)

I've had two zooms on the same image so far this month, trying to get around to making my portfolio larger.

www.garyhebdingjr.com (external link)|Flickr  (external link)IGear List|Alamy | (external link)Instagram: @garyhebding

Shadow ­ on ­ the ­ Door
960 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 26, 2011 16:50 |  #970
bannedPermanent ban

I'm doing the whole convert to tiff>16 bit>resize to 5128 > 8 bit> save as jpeg thing but I'm still only getting 8 meg files, I'm converting from jpeg to tiff instead of cr2 since I'm using past images for my first 4, would this be the issue?

19 year old photographer with a 5D, and some L glass.
500px - Jamesr (external link)
Graphic Design Services Offered

JerryA
111 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 28, 2011 08:51 |  #971

Tagged Thanks for all the info

GMCPhotographics
Goldmember
2,425 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 31, 2011 03:11 |  #972

There's very little money left in stock photography and it's a declining market, each year the returns are getting smaller as the rise of "free and crap" photos increases. Corporations are squeezing their own budgets just to see how far they can push their own cost curves with out any consideration to the market.

Regards, Gareth Cooper GMCPhotographics
"If youre happy and honest and fulfilled in what you do, then youÒ’re having a successful life" (Ben Elton)
Gear List GMCPhotographics (external link)

Shadow ­ on ­ the ­ Door
960 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 31, 2011 09:17 |  #973
bannedPermanent ban

I think that bubble will eventually burst, I don't think stock photography is done for good.

Shadow ­ on ­ the ­ Door
960 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 03, 2011 17:22 |  #974
bannedPermanent ban

What's the longest people have waited for approval? I've been "awaiting QC" for a week and a half.

adrian5127
Cream of the Crop
6,208 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 08, 2011 17:06 |  #975

I think two weeks is the longest I have had.

Adrian
SE UK Thread here***Kit***smugmug (external link)
Wedding photography kent (external link)
Wedding photographer kent (external link)

sponsored links

161,481 views & 0 likes for this thread
Woo hoo Alamy!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.