Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 25 Jul 2011 (Monday) 01:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Regarding EOS Utility on Lion

sbattey
Goldmember
1,250 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 25, 2011 01:52 |  #1
bannedPermanent ban

Hello everyone!

I emailed Canon about their EOS utility tonight, and received this response:

Dear Stephen Battey:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support regarding compatibility
between the software for your EOS 7D and your recently updated Mac. We
value you as a Canon customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist
you.

While I do not have an estimated release date for an update to our EOS
Utility software at this time, I can assure you that we are working to
update the software and will release a new version soon. We appreciate
your patience in this matter.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your EOS
7D.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Dirk
Technical Support Representative

There you have it - "Soon"!

As for the EOS utility, the 2.8.1 version does work for me, but the versions released after it do not.

- Stephen

Canon 7D | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | 430EX II
Blog (external link)

sponsored links
mrkgoo
Goldmember
2,289 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Aug 15, 2011 03:52 |  #2

Canon released a version of EOS utility (2.10.2) a few days ago. Any confirmation that this works with Lion? Weirdly, it specifically says it doesn't work with 10.6.8.

sbattey
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,250 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 15, 2011 22:35 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

mrkgoo wrote in post #12937165 (external link)
Canon released a version of EOS utility (2.10.2) a few days ago. Any confirmation that this works with Lion? Weirdly, it specifically says it doesn't work with 10.6.8.

This version does not work either.

Blog (external link)

yenkor
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 06, 2011 15:33 |  #4

any updates yet on the EOS Utility for the Lion OS? it's been a while now since "soon"!

igarti
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Mar 2010

Sep 09, 2011 13:37 |  #5

Also waiting for what soon means for Canon.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 11, 2011 11:38 |  #6

Lion hasn't been out that long, be patient.

fungry
Goldmember
2,225 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 14, 2011 05:57 |  #7

rick_reno wrote in post #13084805 (external link)
Lion hasn't been out that long, be patient.

4 weeks later and we are still in the same position.

*Apologies for the thread revive.

Ed - Gear List - www.edkhou.com (external link)

killeraxemannic
226 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 20, 2011 10:26 |  #8

For now I have my macbook dual booting Lion. Lion is way too new and buggy to upgrade to for a working professional. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months. When the Lion is ready I will move all my data from my snow partition to my Lion one. Then blow away the Snow partition with disk utility.

Cameras: Canon EOS 60D, PowerShot Elph 330HS
Lenses: Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Canon 50mm 1.8 II, Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG

Tony-S
Cream of the Crop
9,903 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 21, 2011 08:57 |  #9

Lion has been pretty stable since it was released and Aperture got a noticeable speed bump with it. Some people had raw issues but those appear to be fixed with 10.7.2 update, which improved Aperture's speed even more. The only thing I wish it had was Rosetta.

"Raw" is not an acronym, abbreviation, nor a proper noun; thus, it should not be in capital letters.

ette
22 posts
Joined May 2011

Oct 29, 2011 10:25 |  #10

Tony-S wrote in post #13283977 (external link)
Lion has been pretty stable since it was released and Aperture got a noticeable speed bump with it. Some people had raw issues but those appear to be fixed with 10.7.2 update, which improved Aperture's speed even more. The only thing I wish it had was Rosetta.

agreed

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use? -

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 01, 2011 15:12 |  #11

Im still holding off on upgrading, but as the new MacBooks came out its getting close to my annual upgrade time and it looks like Ill be forced to upgrade to Lion whether I like it or not now...

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

sbattey
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,250 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 01, 2011 23:45 |  #12
bannedPermanent ban

ben_r_ wrote in post #13338459 (external link)
Im still holding off on upgrading, but as the new MacBooks came out its getting close to my annual upgrade time and it looks like Ill be forced to upgrade to Lion whether I like it or not now...

You could always not upgrade annually....

Blog (external link)

Pali
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Dec 01, 2011 10:05 |  #13

Is there any information when EOS Utility will be upgraded for Lion OS? I am downloading pictures through iPhoto but it takes ages. My workflow was well organized through EOS utility and since I upgraded my Mac to Lion it is just pain.
I considered to upgrade my 7D to new 1D but I am quite disappointed by Canon now. Should I consider to purchase Nikon instead or what???

killeraxemannic
226 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Dec 01, 2011 13:33 |  #14

Pali wrote in post #13479427 (external link)
Is there any information when EOS Utility will be upgraded for Lion OS? I am downloading pictures through iPhoto but it takes ages. My workflow was well organized through EOS utility and since I upgraded my Mac to Lion it is just pain.
I considered to upgrade my 7D to new 1D but I am quite disappointed by Canon now. Should I consider to purchase Nikon instead or what???

Lightroom is your friend!

Cameras: Canon EOS 60D, PowerShot Elph 330HS
Lenses: Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, Canon 50mm 1.8 II, Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG

TJMKII
58 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 01, 2011 13:39 |  #15

Pali wrote in post #13479427 (external link)

IMO thats not CAnons fault Apple did wha tthey did to the OS. I suspect that now CAnon, among all other things has to go in and decode the new os to see what broke in the utility....I guess Im saying its a bit extreme to switch camera manufacturers for software and computer issues so it sounds like you want to change so you should do what makes you happy. Using iphoto I suspect is a pain, Why not just month the card in the camera and drag and drop the folder into your storage and go on using DPP.
SKip iphoto all together...?

1Ds MKII, 5d MKII, MAMIYA 645AF, EPSON 4880, Broncolor , RB67 ProS, Sigma 12-24 DGII, Canon 24-105L, Wacom, Apple, Epson, EIZO
Nothing Nikon....:cool:

sponsored links

23,629 views & 0 likes for this thread
Regarding EOS Utility on Lion
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.