Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Sep 2006 (Friday) 20:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 45th TPBM Random and Undulating Chat Thread with bonus Eggs

this thread is locked
Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,626 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 14, 2011 11:39 |  #4786

Thanks, chief.

SmugMug (external link)

sponsored links
Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 14, 2011 12:21 as a reply to  @ Harm's post |  #4787

[QUOTE=Jon;13247816]Te​lecommuting today; it stopped raining just as I got through, so the dogs and I saw this as we went for our late afternoon walk:quote]

Permagrin wrote in post #13248387 (external link)
but.....WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?! :mrgreen:

:lol::lol: That they are picking the right area?

RAZ nice shots, but like the others, a bit too dark.

Harm wrote in post #13250507 (external link)
Good, thanks Jim.

Alexander is just shy of 3lbs 5oz (his initial birth weight), so he is gaining. He was back on the UV lights because of his bilirubin numbers, but they have since gone down so he is now off again.

Still hard to leave him everyday, but we enjoy all the time we get with him. he is always very alert around us. Betsy is recovering well, just having to take it really easy for the next several weeks, and she needs constant reminding about that!

But things are good (knock on wood). Just hope they continue like this!

Good, good, good!

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 14, 2011 12:23 as a reply to  @ Harm's post |  #4788

Harm wrote in post #13250509 (external link)
how are you guys, and what is new today?

Good to hear things are going well on the family front. Not much new here, really. Nothing that stands out, same old, same old....:)

-JIM-

Harm
48,626 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 14, 2011 12:26 |  #4789

thanks guys :D

SmugMug (external link)

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 14, 2011 13:03 |  #4790

BearLeeAlive wrote in post #13250771 (external link)
same old, same old....

...Jim!:p

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Oct 14, 2011 13:29 as a reply to  @ Becky N's post |  #4791

Early lunch today. Lois came home from the store with a couple very thin steaks (bone-in). I cooked them on the indoor grill (hers, twice as long as mine). I made hash brown from scratch, and it all turned out really great. I also made a batch of Pioneer Woman salsa this morning, and I'm letting it rest until tonight before we eat it.

Hmmmm. What can I get into next?

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

Harm
48,626 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 14, 2011 13:32 |  #4792

Belmondo wrote in post #13251019 (external link)
Hmmmm. What can I get into next?

Well, trouble is your middle name :D

SmugMug (external link)

thomascanty
Bold. Pink.
Gone, but not forgotten.
38,071 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Oct 14, 2011 13:34 as a reply to  @ Belmondo's post |  #4793

Your lunch sure sounds lot better than what I had planned.

Hmmm... Wait. I don't have anything planned for lunch yet! :confused:

My name is Lonnie, but I answer to Thomas too.
LDPhotography.net (external link) | Weekly Pioneer (external link) | Facebook (external link)
"Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts."

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Oct 14, 2011 13:36 |  #4794

Thanks for the anniversary wishes....I spent the day driving home.....and we celebrated by unloading my stuff from the car and reloading her stuff into it. She headed to NY at 8 this morning. Perhaps we will go out to dinner when she gets back.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 14, 2011 13:42 |  #4795

Becky N wrote in post #13250933 (external link)
...Jim!:p

:p

Woolburr wrote in post #13251056 (external link)
Thanks for the anniversary wishes....I spent the day driving home.....and we celebrated by unloading my stuff from the car and reloading her stuff into it. She headed to NY at 8 this morning. Perhaps we will go out to dinner when she gets back.

You guys really know how to do up an anniversary. :lol:
Kinda sounds like a few of ours lately. Next year is 25 so we will likely do that up a bit.

-JIM-

Harm
48,626 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 14, 2011 13:43 |  #4796

^ oooh, pre-congratulations to that one, Jim!

Dan, how long have you been married?

SmugMug (external link)

Big ­ Apple ­ Photography
Wish I had a 5D Classic
4,148 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 14, 2011 13:49 |  #4797

Home...

I'm feeling like cr*p... :mad:

Love POTN? Donate!
Feel like spending your money? Support POTN while doing that! Shop here! ;) (external link)TF IS BOORING...Undeserving of the TF's further attention, but sadly in need of a spell-check (external link)

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Oct 14, 2011 16:06 |  #4798

I had a really strange day today. I went to the dentist to have some work done under "sedation" (the drug they used was Midazolam) what was really odd was that I remember chatting to everyone as they hooked me up to a monitor and put the cannula in, I can remember lying there thinking well these drugs aren't working and I can remember standing up and leaving with Teresa. I have absolutely no recollection of any dental procedure at all! I came home, slept for 4 hours and woke up with a saw mouth :-)

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

short5
Woolbacca Manties are cool
43,154 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 14, 2011 16:36 |  #4799

neil_r wrote in post #13251648 (external link)
I had a really strange day today. I went to the dentist to have some work done under "sedation" (the drug they used was Midazolam) what was really odd was that I remember chatting to everyone as they hooked me up to a monitor and put the cannula in, I can remember lying there thinking well these drugs aren't working and I can remember standing up and leaving with Teresa. I have absolutely no recollection of any dental procedure at all! I came home, slept for 4 hours and woke up with a saw mouth :-)

Leyla had sedation dentistry. They offer it for those with freakishly intense fear of the dentist like Leyla has. She had a few horrible dental procedures and is a wreck going to the dentist. They give her a pill for the night before, and one for the drive in. It is an hour drive. She took the pill in the morning, explained airport water quality regulations to me the whole way up, has zero recollection of the drive or procedure.

Do whats right HERE
~Take then of the bones of Adam and of the Calx, the same weight of each; and there are six of the Petral Stone and five of the Stone of Union~

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Oct 14, 2011 16:36 |  #4800

neil_r wrote in post #13251648 (external link)

Reminds me of the time we were rear-ended in our Porsche. I had a fairly serious stiff neck, so the doctor prescribed a 'muscle-relaxer.' I took it, and went to bed. Later that evening, one of the agents who worked for us came over to the house; she had a problem with one of her transactions. I sat down in the living room with her, told her exactly how to handle it, then went back to bed. I didn't remember any of that the next morning.

Not sure what saw mouth is, but I hope it goes away soon. [Edit: looked it up in the Urban Dictionary. Neil, you are a rascal!! :o:o:lol::lol:]

Or do I?

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

sponsored links

489,301 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 45th TPBM Random and Undulating Chat Thread with bonus Eggs
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.