Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 18 Oct 2011 (Tuesday) 11:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Creepy old house HDR

supralx570
134 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 19, 2011 13:31 |  #16

B&w hands down. I really like the shot

5D MK III; 24-70 L 2.8 II USM; 70-200 L 2.8 USM II; 580 EX II

sponsored links
mrbubbles
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,090 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 19, 2011 17:36 |  #17

SJC from VT wrote in post #13273085 (external link)
B&W was going to be my suggestion as well. Great job. Now as others have said, could you show us the no tilt version?

Feel free to play with it yourself. Im a little pissed off because I didnt save a TIFF with layers for this photo...so I am having quite a bit of trouble re-processing it to get it where I want. I dont really remember everything I did.

Thanks for all the comments so far. Love hearing what you guys have to say!

Gear List
Zenfolio (external link)
Flickr (external link)

drpro1
36 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Oct 20, 2011 02:46 |  #18

I like the b&w version better.

When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better.

Nathan
Can you repeat the question, please?
7,885 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 21, 2011 07:59 |  #19

I think the reason I like the tilt is that it makes me feel like I'm sitting a rusty, old truck as it pulls up to or away from the house... bad suspensions and a terrible road make it a jostling experience, hence the tilt.

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 50L | 85L II | 100L | 135L | 580 EX II x2

Medic82
91 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 21, 2011 11:42 |  #20

Really liked the B+W version but as the others have said, the tilt don't do it for me.

Can non, can Canon. EOS 7D| G12 |Canon EF-S 15-85 mm IS US|Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6|Speedlite 430EX II.

mrbubbles
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,090 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 21, 2011 13:10 |  #21

Medic82 wrote in post #13284745 (external link)
Really liked the B+W version but as the others have said, the tilt don't do it for me.

Thank you. Really appreciate all the feedback. I am not one to normally go for tilt but the more I look at this the more I think the tilt really does help this photo. I feel like the straight version is lacking something. The tilt adds slight character to the photo I think. To each his own!

Ill be heading back to this spot once the snow comes :)

Gear List
Zenfolio (external link)
Flickr (external link)

little_mcturtle
64 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 21, 2011 17:11 |  #22

I really like both photos. I find the back and white spookier, but the coloured shot has a feeling of suspense to it. It makes me think a tornado is coming.

sponsored links

2,894 views & 0 likes for this thread
Creepy old house HDR
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.