Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Sep 2006 (Friday) 20:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 45th TPBM Random and Undulating Chat Thread with bonus Eggs

this thread is locked
Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,511 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 19, 2011 18:43 |  #5086

Becky N wrote in post #13275431 (external link)
You live too far north.;)

I know, but what can I do? ;)

Jon wrote in post #13275578 (external link)
That's zero, nada, zip in property changing hands. Second homes just aren't in the cards when the sellers are remembering what things were going for during the boom years, and clinging to the illusion that property's still going to be able to bring that in.

It's pretty much the same thing here. The only property that's going up is in San Francisco, and that's somewhat unique. The younger, well paid Google/Apple/Sili-Valley crowd want to live in the City. (Google runs it's own bus service (free) for their employees from the City down to their workplace.) As a result property values in certain "hip" areas of the City have increased significantly.

Becky N wrote in post #13275723 (external link)
Seeping pumpkins = step one in pumpkin pie from scratch for the holidays. I'm still can't seem to grasp that we're past the middle of October, already.

Now that we have all the grapes picked, I think I'm getting there. Time flies.

Tim

sponsored links
Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 19, 2011 19:09 |  #5087

pumpkins!!

IMAGE: http://skarimbas.smugmug.com/photos/i-MdCzBQ2/0/L/i-MdCzBQ2-L.jpg

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Oct 19, 2011 19:16 as a reply to  @ Skrim17's post |  #5088

Timphoto wrote in post #13275811 (external link)
It's pretty much the same thing here. The only property that's going up is in San Francisco, and that's somewhat unique. The younger, well paid Google/Apple/Sili-Valley crowd want to live in the City. (Google runs it's own bus service (free) for their employees from the City down to their workplace.) As a result property values in certain "hip" areas of the City have increased significantly.

Maybe I can talk Ann into Napa/Sonoma . . . I did a course out at Bodega Marine Lab back in the early '70s and enjoyed the area a lot (although some of that might have been the '70s college culture), but some of Galen Rowell's work in the area has me excited and it's reasonably close to mountains . . .

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Oct 19, 2011 19:24 |  #5089

Jon wrote in post #13275578 (external link)
Yeah. When the place hasn't moved come spring, we'll probably offer $130K as a start. Certainly nowhere close to the $297K it's listed for. According to Avery County, nothing on Sugar's sold in over 2 years. That's zero, nada, zip in property changing hands. Second homes just aren't in the cards when the sellers are remembering what things were going for during the boom years, and clinging to the illusion that property's still going to be able to bring that in.

Prices here are still in the insane range. I have 55+ acres in upstate NY that I couldn't sell for $50K.....that same acreage here....that could only be inhabited by mountains goats still has an asking price in excess of $2.5 million.:rolleyes:

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Oct 19, 2011 20:35 |  #5090

And nobody's answering, are they?

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 19, 2011 20:45 |  #5091

Meaty pumpkins this year, general 2 pumpkins yield enough for 4 pies, this year I have enough for 6.

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

short5
Woolbacca Manties are cool
43,154 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 19, 2011 21:09 |  #5092

I should bake but I really don't. The farm next to the horses is a "pick your own" place. It is huge and an attraction that draws people out to the country. They can't sell the apples that fall on the ground so they let a few people that they know collect them. The farm owner where our horses are picked up three large trash cans of them the other day, 3 or 4 types. We have been eating them but mostly giving them to the horses. I could make a lot of pies.

We also know a guy with a pick your own pumpkin farm just down the road from the horses. After Halloween he just turns his goat herd loose on the pumpkins. I wonder if he sells the pie pumpkins though. Can you use the big Halloween pumpkins for pie?

All that said, I am not a huge sweets fan and pies only have so much appeal to me so I don't really have a huge urge to bake *shrug*

Do whats right HERE
~Take then of the bones of Adam and of the Calx, the same weight of each; and there are six of the Petral Stone and five of the Stone of Union~

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Oct 19, 2011 21:09 as a reply to  @ Becky N's post |  #5093

Timphoto wrote in post #13274589 (external link)
Hmmm, they shoot bass these days??? ;-)a

No, we use dynamite. :rolleyes:

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Oct 19, 2011 21:27 |  #5094

Jon wrote in post #13276355 (external link)
And nobody's answering, are they?

This particular parcel has been on sale for as long as I can remember. I even offered them an even swap....my parcel in NY is actually slightly larger....but they just laughed.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

puddlepirate44
Cream of the Crop
29,316 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 19, 2011 21:53 as a reply to  @ Woolburr's post |  #5095

Sorry I'm so late with this. If it's any consolation, it's a pretty important set of frames.... :shock:

Clicky:

IMAGE: http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v24/p701596664-4.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://lcimages.zenfol​io.com …75833/h29d183f8​#h29d183f8  (external link)

I tend to ramble. Feel free to put me on ignore.
Important Reading Material (external link)
Wag more, bark less.
Read the current TR Series from the beginning HERE (external link)

Big ­ Apple ­ Photography
Wish I had a 5D Classic
4,148 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 19, 2011 22:52 |  #5096

Morning... :D

Love POTN? Donate!
Feel like spending your money? Support POTN while doing that! Shop here! ;) (external link)TF IS BOORING...Undeserving of the TF's further attention, but sadly in need of a spell-check (external link)

CrazieCricket
Stupid wine.... *kicks box*
15,499 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 19, 2011 23:03 |  #5097

puddlepirate44 wrote in post #13276827 (external link)
Sorry I'm so late with this. If it's any consolation, it's a pretty important set of frames.... :shock:

Clicky:

:shock: He's gonna get caught!!!

Paula

Big ­ Apple ­ Photography
Wish I had a 5D Classic
4,148 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 20, 2011 00:10 |  #5098

:lol:

Love POTN? Donate!
Feel like spending your money? Support POTN while doing that! Shop here! ;) (external link)TF IS BOORING...Undeserving of the TF's further attention, but sadly in need of a spell-check (external link)

short5
Woolbacca Manties are cool
43,154 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 20, 2011 00:49 |  #5099

puddlepirate44 wrote in post #13276827 (external link)
Sorry I'm so late with this. If it's any consolation, it's a pretty important set of frames.... :shock:]

CrazieCricket wrote in post #13277165 (external link)
:shock: He's gonna get caught!!!

That!

Do whats right HERE
~Take then of the bones of Adam and of the Calx, the same weight of each; and there are six of the Petral Stone and five of the Stone of Union~

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Oct 20, 2011 04:26 |  #5100

He cant' get caught!!!

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

sponsored links

489,503 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 45th TPBM Random and Undulating Chat Thread with bonus Eggs
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.