Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 24 Feb 2009 (Tuesday) 16:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=5D CLASSIC admirers, assemble! (5)

this thread is locked
BananaRaw
429 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Oct 24, 2011 09:16 |  #6931

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6119/6276673476_2ee27c4c60_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bananaraw/62766​73476/  (external link)
Autumn.. (external link) by BananaRaw  (external link), on Flickr

::: Gear :::
::: Flickr (external link) ::: 500px (external link) ::: Tumblr. (external link) :::

sponsored links
SaS ­ photography
132 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 24, 2011 09:48 as a reply to  @ BananaRaw's post |  #6932

i was and am a ‘5D ’ Admirer for a long time…and i do consider this body as a Classic…!!!

it’s always a true pleasure to follow the “5D CLASSIC admirers, assemble 1 2 3….5” and i have seen So many Great shots made with this body. My kudos to all of you…..;
Out of 1DsII… 1DsIII and 5D…. i ended up with 5D. Canon’s 1D series Bodies are amazing and if you ask me which body i am going to choose, my answer will be 1Ds II (new).

But for me “5D” will do just Fine……i believe if i am not good enough with my old 350D ( which is still clicking) i am Not worthy of a 1DsmkIII…!!!
i am into photography for nearly twenty years and have a tendency of getting “Institutionalized” with my equipment and that’s what happened with my 5Ds. The IQ it produce is just perfect for me and i don’t NEED anything better than this.

It makes me sad that the “Era” of the “Great 5D” will end.

So to All 5D lovers……what will be the next FF body from Canon that we can fall in Love with… ?
with kind regards….s Arman s.

. . .
Canon Full-Frame bodies + Canon L Prime Lenses .
Olympus OM4T + OM Zuiko lenses
flickr (external link)

kf095
Cream of the Crop
6,597 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 24, 2011 09:50 as a reply to  @ BananaRaw's post |  #6933

With MF 135 2.8

IMAGE: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WtNT-Ot1qxU/TqS6toaNZ7I/AAAAAAAAX1w/ViI4bkvLD4U/s720/_MG_7602.JPG

Purchased this lens to test how 135mm focal distance works for me. Little bit too long for practical use in my regular situations. I think, I'm going to get 100 F2.

Old Site (external link). M-E and ME blog (external link). Film Flickr (external link). my DigitaL and AnaLog Gear.

kf095
Cream of the Crop
6,597 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 24, 2011 09:56 |  #6934

Welcome at P.O.T.N.

SaS photography wrote in post #13297428 (external link)

The popularity of 5D will continue to increase with price getting little but lower.
It just going to be more ex-Rebel users compare to pros who left to 1DSx and MKII.
"The era" of any body lasts as long as Canon supports it and even after.
People still using 10D/20D.

Old Site (external link). M-E and ME blog (external link). Film Flickr (external link). my DigitaL and AnaLog Gear.

altitude604
Goldmember
1,665 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 24, 2011 10:17 |  #6935

Just a question to you 5D users...

I'm looking at moving up to a 5D from my XSi. I do a lot of Aviation work so my only real concern is about the AF system. Will it have much trouble locking on to jets etc?

If anyone has any examples that would be rad. Especially if there's any cropped shots from a 70-200f4L. ;)

Erik - Three Miles Final (external link)
- Gear List -

melanopsin
278 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 24, 2011 10:46 |  #6936

SaS photography wrote in post #13297428 (external link)
i was and am a ‘5D ’ Admirer for a long time…and i do consider this body as a Classic…!!!

it’s always a true pleasure to follow the “5D CLASSIC admirers, assemble 1 2 3….5” and i have seen So many Great shots made with this body. My kudos to all of you…..;
Out of 1DsII… 1DsIII and 5D…. i ended up with 5D. Canon’s 1D series Bodies are amazing and if you ask me which body i am going to choose, my answer will be 1Ds II (new).

But for me “5D” will do just Fine……i believe if i am not good enough with my old 350D ( which is still clicking) i am Not worthy of a 1DsmkIII…!!!
i am into photography for nearly twenty years and have a tendency of getting “Institutionalized” with my equipment and that’s what happened with my 5Ds. The IQ it produce is just perfect for me and i don’t NEED anything better than this.

So to All 5D lovers……what will be the next FF body from Canon that we can fall in Love with… ?
with kind regards….s Arman s.

I hear you! :) Cheer up, I think the "Era" of 5D is far from over!

For me 5D is perfect camera too. All lenses are manual focus; I don't need advanced AF, metering, etc., features for AF users. Basic camera features. Sensor from top of line, however.

Now if Canon take sensor from latest 1Dxxxx, put into simple affordable body -- same as was done with 5D -- I think Canon will get same success as 5D generated for same reasons -- there is high consumer demand for affordable top quality images. Imho Canon would be better off splitting off the 5DII product line into dSLR built for video, with proper chip cooling and ergonomic features specific to video stresses.

Biological ­ Contagion
359 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 24, 2011 11:22 |  #6937

altitude604 wrote in post #13297572 (external link)

I'm looking at moving up to a 5D from my XSi. I do a lot of Aviation work so my only real concern is about the AF system. Will it have much trouble locking on to jets etc?

If anyone has any examples that would be rad. Especially if there's any cropped shots from a 70-200f4L. ;)

Center point ai servo is pretty darn good at tracking moving aircraft, but even with a 100-400 I rented for an airshow I wanted more reach. 200mm is not long on ff.

Feedback
Flickr (external link)

moedizzle
Goldmember
1,339 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 24, 2011 12:10 as a reply to  @ Biological Contagion's post |  #6938

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6156/6262994402_7fec5e6e8e_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/emiv/6262994402​/  (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6212/6275293879_d3369e3036_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/emiv/6275293879​/  (external link)

www.ericvargas.net (external link)

Blog (external link)| Facebook (external link)| Gear

phant0mv87
582 posts
Joined May 2010

Oct 24, 2011 12:19 |  #6939

moe! that first pic is awesome haha!

Canon 5DmkII BG-E6
85/1.4||100/2.8||24-70/2.8L||70-200mkII
580EX || YN-467 || ST-E2 ||RF-602
Packed nicely in a Lowepro Flipside 300

titaniumSS
269 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 24, 2011 12:21 |  #6940

LOVE the room picture moe. The set up and processing is spectacular. Great work!

-Erik
Canon EOS R, Canon 6D gripped, Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM v1, Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM, YN560 IV x2, YN560-TX.

flickr (external link)

phant0mv87
582 posts
Joined May 2010

Oct 24, 2011 12:36 |  #6941

early morning fog..

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6045/6276786639_9792ba6c30_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/phant0mv87/6276​786639/  (external link)
foggy mornin (external link) by phant0mv87 (external link), on Flickr

Canon 5DmkII BG-E6
85/1.4||100/2.8||24-70/2.8L||70-200mkII
580EX || YN-467 || ST-E2 ||RF-602
Packed nicely in a Lowepro Flipside 300

wernersl
Goldmember
1,944 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 24, 2011 14:43 |  #6942

altitude604 wrote in post #13297572 (external link)

funny you should mention it. this was a couple years ago at the Miramar Air Show. 5D with 70-200 f/4L

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i88.photobucket​.com …test/air_show_0​108_CR.jpg (external link)

http://i88.photobucket​.com …test/air_show_0​041_CR.jpg (external link)

http://i88.photobucket​.com …test/air_show_0​037_CR.jpg (external link)

http://i88.photobucket​.com …test/air_show_0​013_CR.jpg (external link)

I have more at home, particularly of faster flying jets. I had no problem with it, specifically because at that distance and the 7.1 aperture i used, its not hard for any focus system to keep up with IMHO. I suppose if I were closer or using a much longer lens i might have seen some problems. I will say, if I had my 1dII at the time it would have made life a slight bit easier.

Shawn l Gear
Mamarazzi Photography (external link)
Wife owns the biz...I just shoot the weddings!

wernersl
Goldmember
1,944 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Oct 24, 2011 14:46 |  #6943

and for good measure...not sure why i like this shot, but i do. here it is. 5D with 200mm 1.8L

http://i88.photobucket​.com …test/Lutz_2011_​110_CR.jpg (external link)

Shawn l Gear
Mamarazzi Photography (external link)
Wife owns the biz...I just shoot the weddings!

moedizzle
Goldmember
1,339 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 24, 2011 15:44 as a reply to  @ wernersl's post |  #6944

^^^Nice shot!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

www.ericvargas.net (external link)

Blog (external link)| Facebook (external link)| Gear

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,758 posts
Gallery: 1684 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Oct 24, 2011 16:10 |  #6945

wernersl wrote in post #13298886 (external link)
funny you should mention it. this was a couple years ago at the Miramar Air Show. 5D with 70-200 f/4L

I have more at home, particularly of faster flying jets. I had no problem with it, specifically because at that distance and the 7.1 aperture i used, its not hard for any focus system to keep up with IMHO. I suppose if I were closer or using a much longer lens i might have seen some problems. I will say, if I had my 1dII at the time it would have made life a slight bit easier.

Didn't know the T-birds flew at Miramar.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

sponsored links

1,451,461 views & 1 like for this thread
-=5D CLASSIC admirers, assemble! (5)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.