Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 25 Oct 2011 (Tuesday) 15:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fujifilm Interchangeable X Series Feb 2012?

themadman
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 25, 2011 15:05 |  #1

X Series Roadmap Photo showing a interchangeable lens announcement Feb 2012?

http://photorumors.com …m%29&utm_conten​t=FaceBook (external link)

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​com (external link) | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

sponsored links
themadman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 25, 2011 21:03 |  #2

Well, since no one has commented, I will.

I am amazing excited for this. I have been looking for a mirrorless camera but none have been perfect for me yet. I loved the X100 but I don't like the idea it is a single lens. This could be my perfect mirrorless.

Will | WilliamLiuPhotography.​com (external link) | Gear List and Feedback | CPS Member | Have you Pre-Ordered Your 3Dx Yet? | HorusBennu Discussion | In honor of Uncle Steve, thanks for everything! 10-5-2011

icebat
Goldmember
1,267 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 26, 2011 12:50 |  #3

themadman wrote in post #13306866 (external link)
Well, since no one has commented, I will.

I am amazing excited for this. I have been looking for a mirrorless camera but none have been perfect for me yet. I loved the X100 but I don't like the idea it is a single lens. This could be my perfect mirrorless.

I'm pretty excited to see the specs too. I just sent payment on an x100 recently, and I can't wait to get it, but all these auto focus issues I'm hearing about are starting to worry me.

If the new system is full frame, and all the focus issues are worked out, I can see myself ditching my whole dslr system for it. I'm also hoping it looks about the same as the x100.

Flickr (external link)
500px (external link) :cool:
Instagram (external link)
-Sean
x100, Canon 5D, 24-105 f/4L, Σ 50 f/1.4, 580 ex II

crcal
808 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 26, 2011 15:38 as a reply to  @ icebat's post |  #4

I'm very excited about this too. I wonder if it will have the hybrid OVF/EVF.

Calvin
Converted to Sony A7 and love it | Gear & Feedback

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 26, 2011 16:49 |  #5

crcal wrote in post #13311014 (external link)
I'm very excited about this too. I wonder if it will have the hybrid OVF/EVF.

That only really works with a single focal length unless they can figure out how to make it zoom as much as any possible lens combination. It would have to be EVF only, or the lenses would have to come with their own VF like Leica.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

Rush87
291 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 26, 2011 17:34 |  #6

I hope it gets great focus assist features for manual lenses (with M mount adapter).

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 26, 2011 21:59 |  #7

Rush87 wrote in post #13311580 (external link)
I hope it gets great focus assist features for manual lenses (with M mount adapter).

don't we already get that with Ricoh GXR and Sony NEX?

The only thing I think would make the Fuji exciting would be if they actually come out with a system that is APS-C or FF and has great IQ with small, rangefinder sized lenses. If it is just another m4/3 or NEX clone, then what's the point.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

icebat
Goldmember
1,267 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 27, 2011 08:04 |  #8

tkbslc wrote in post #13312734 (external link)

The only thing I think would make the Fuji exciting would be if they actually come out with a system that is APS-C or FF and has great IQ with small, rangefinder sized lenses. If it is just another m4/3 or NEX clone, then what's the point.

I agree. I would really like something with some small primes, and I'm really hoping it's fullframe or close to it.

Flickr (external link)
500px (external link) :cool:
Instagram (external link)
-Sean
x100, Canon 5D, 24-105 f/4L, Σ 50 f/1.4, 580 ex II

TweakMDS
Goldmember
2,242 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Oct 27, 2011 08:36 |  #9

tkbslc wrote in post #13312734 (external link)

Sony's NEX is APS-C and currently the most interesting one to me. It has a few interesting lenses, but it's still less than ideal.

Some of my lenses focus beyond infinity...!
~Michael
Gear | Flickr (external link)
"My featured shots" (external link)

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 27, 2011 08:50 |  #10

There are three things I want to know.

1. Will it be full-frame?
2. Will it take Leica M-mount lenses?
3. Will this lead to a digital panoramic X-Pan (since the original one was a Fuji/Hasselblad undertaking in the first place)?

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 08, 2011 10:48 |  #11

Shadowblade wrote in post #13314434 (external link)
There are three things I want to know.

1. Will it be full-frame?
2. Will it take Leica M-mount lenses?
3. Will this lead to a digital panoramic X-Pan (since the original one was a Fuji/Hasselblad undertaking in the first place)?

A work colleague and I were discussing a digital Xpan the other day, we came to the conclusion that although it would be very cool, and that we would probably both buy one, it would have a very limited market (much like the original Xpan) and producing a double wide full frame sensor would be expensive (he is also selling his Xpan at the moment)

We started off by discussing this rumored interchangeable lens x series camera

I would love to see Fuji take the X100, fit a proper rangefinder and M mount (even if they modify it a little to allow communication of focused distance and aperture)
Keep the dials as they are, fit a good full frame sensor, keep the "hybrid" viewfinder, with moveable framelines (to compensate for parallax and different lenses), built in level and histogram

Basically make a M9 killer.

I'm sure it is possible at a way lower price then the current Leica offerings.

I would be happy to pay 2k for the ability to focus in the dark with a proper rangefinder, 12-16mp with a good clean 12800 iso (at least as clean as the x100 at 6400)
If they brought it out with a 24mm f2.8, 35mm f2, 50mm f1.5 or faster, and a 70-90ish mm around the f2-2.8 range I think a lot of people would be very happy, especially if it could take all the old leica and voigtlander glass too.

My Best Imageswww.echo63.deviantart.​com (external link)
Gear listhttps://photography-on-the.net …p?p=2463426&pos​tcount=385

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Nov 08, 2011 10:58 |  #12

Echo63 wrote in post #13370673 (external link)
A work colleague and I were discussing a digital Xpan the other day, we came to the conclusion that although it would be very cool, and that we would probably both buy one, it would have a very limited market (much like the original Xpan) and producing a double wide full frame sensor would be expensive (he is also selling his Xpan at the moment)

We started off by discussing this rumored interchangeable lens x series camera

I would love to see Fuji take the X100, fit a proper rangefinder and M mount (even if they modify it a little to allow communication of focused distance and aperture)
Keep the dials as they are, fit a good full frame sensor, keep the "hybrid" viewfinder, with moveable framelines (to compensate for parallax and different lenses), built in level and histogram

Basically make a M9 killer.

I'm sure it is possible at a way lower price then the current Leica offerings.

I would be happy to pay 2k for the ability to focus in the dark with a proper rangefinder, 12-16mp with a good clean 12800 iso (at least as clean as the x100 at 6400)
If they brought it out with a 24mm f2.8, 35mm f2, 50mm f1.5 or faster, and a 70-90ish mm around the f2-2.8 range I think a lot of people would be very happy, especially if it could take all the old leica and voigtlander glass too.

I doubt it would be a very limited market - given digital's advantage over scanned film of the same size, I would expect a 24x72mm digital sensor to perform close to the level of a 617-format camera (e.g. Linhof) and it would be enough to win over a lot of photographers who currently shoot landscapes in 612 or 617 format. The original XPAN had a limited audience simply because 617 was better, and only marginally less convenient. Not so with a digital version.

With regards to the sensor, you could simply stick two full-frame sensors side-by-side, rather than developing an entirely new sensor - after all, many current large sensors are composed of several elements side by side, not just a single large wafer of silicon. Heck, even produce two versions - a 24x72mm (two full-frame sensors joined end-to-end) for landscape/panoramic use and a 36x48mm (the same two sensors joined side-by-side) for general use. Make it an 80MP CMOS with live view and true 16-bit output and you'd have a real winner!

themadman
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
18,871 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Nov 15, 2011 13:07 |  #13

I think this is in another thread already, but update:

http://www.petapixel.c​om …orless-camera/#more-41268 (external link)

pxchoi
Goldmember
1,146 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 15, 2011 23:30 |  #14

I can't wait.

Patrick Choi
Portfolio (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)
EOS 7D | 580EX II | 10-22mm f3.5-f4.5 | 17-55mm f/2.8 IS |70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
For Sale: 17-55mm f/2.8 IS | 10-22mm f3.5-f4.5

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Nov 16, 2011 02:38 |  #15

Disappointed it's yet another crop...

sponsored links

4,543 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fujifilm Interchangeable X Series Feb 2012?
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.