Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 26 Oct 2011 (Wednesday) 20:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D Question.

katekay
37 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 26, 2011 20:51 |  #1

Hey everyone,

I just upgraded from a T1i to a 60D. On the T1i when you're not taking a photo, the menu is on the screen, which has the aperture, shutter speed, ISO speed, etc. On the 60D I've noticed that you have to click the "Q" button to make that screen show up.

Once you take one shot, the screen doesn't pop back up. (On the t1i after each shot- that screen would pop back up)

Does anybody know if it's possible/how to make it so that screen will show up after each shot so I don't have to continuously hit the "Q" button?

Thanks!

-Katie :-)

sponsored links
sega62
756 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Oct 26, 2011 20:52 |  #2

katekay wrote in post #13312450 (external link)
Hey everyone,

I just upgraded from a T1i to a 60D. On the T1i when you're not taking a photo, the menu is on the screen, which has the aperture, shutter speed, ISO speed, etc. On the 60D I've noticed that you have to click the "Q" button to make that screen show up.

Once you take one shot, the screen doesn't pop back up. (On the t1i after each shot- that screen would pop back up)

Does anybody know if it's possible/how to make it so that screen will show up after each shot so I don't have to continuously hit the "Q" button?

Thanks!

Mine show up the image, go into the menu and it's there, activate it!
Also activate ''image simulation'' it is useful!

lar55
277 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 26, 2011 21:31 |  #3

katekay wrote in post #13312450 (external link)
Hey everyone,

Not possible on the 60D, no. But remember that unlike the T1i, the 60D has a small LCD Panel on top that shows much of that same information. The LCD Panel is always on, and uses far less battery power than the main LCD Monitor. Also the top buttons can be used to change some settings without using the LCD monitor.

jay125
on the happy gas
10,745 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 26, 2011 21:50 |  #4

if i understand your question, you just need to hit the info button on the back of the camera (info, not Q)and cycle through the blank screen, the level, some other information and finally the screen which shows the information you're talking about. then the screen will appear after each shot as it does on the T1i. the way you have it set now is that it defaults to the black screen.

feedback

gear list

Dustin ­ Mustangs
310 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 26, 2011 22:02 |  #5

Yep, the info button can bring it up. It's kind of a pain because the 60d doesn't have the face detect sensor that turns it off automatically when your eye is at the viewfinder. The lcd is way better imo, it just takes some getting used to when switching from a rebel. Stick with just it and Q for a while, you will come around.

60D | 15-85 3.5-5.6 IS | 70-200 4L | 50 1.8 | 100 2.8 macro | 1.4x II | 580EX | 430EX II

jay125
on the happy gas
10,745 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 26, 2011 22:07 |  #6

oddly, the LCD turning off when getting close to it with my face was one of the things i really missed when i upgraded from the T1i. i got over it though.

feedback

gear list

katekay
THREAD ­ STARTER
37 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 26, 2011 22:08 |  #7

jay125 wrote in post #13312684 (external link)
if i understand your question, you just need to hit the info button on the back of the camera (info, not Q)and cycle through the blank screen, the level, some other information and finally the screen which shows the information you're talking about. then the screen will appear after each shot as it does on the T1i. the way you have it set now is that it defaults to the black screen.

I don't see any options for this! Hmmm :(

jay125
on the happy gas
10,745 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 26, 2011 22:12 |  #8

katekay wrote in post #13312770 (external link)
I don't see any options for this! Hmmm :(

the info button on the back of the camera. punch that until the screen you want appears. then it will be the default, so after every shot, it will revert back to that screen. hit it once, it should give you some camera settings, again and it will give you the level, again and it should give you the screen with the ISO, aperture and stuff. once you get to that screen, that will stay the default.

this would also be covered in the manual starting on page 266. but basically yeah, you just use the info button to scroll through the 4 options, one being blank, the next camera settings, the level and finally shooting functions.:)

feedback

gear list

oldvultureface
Goldmember
4,258 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 26, 2011 22:24 as a reply to  @ jay125's post |  #9

Check INFO. Button Functions toward the end of your manual. With the third wrench icon in the main menu, you can select just the settings screen using INFO. button display options if you don't wish to cycle through all the screens when pressing INFO.

katekay
THREAD ­ STARTER
37 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 26, 2011 22:38 |  #10

jay125 wrote in post #13312783 (external link)
the info button on the back of the camera. punch that until the screen you want appears. then it will be the default, so after every shot, it will revert back to that screen. hit it once, it should give you some camera settings, again and it will give you the level, again and it should give you the screen with the ISO, aperture and stuff. once you get to that screen, that will stay the default.

this would also be covered in the manual starting on page 266. but basically yeah, you just use the info button to scroll through the 4 options, one being blank, the next camera settings, the level and finally shooting functions.:)

YAY! I got it! It's working!

katekay
THREAD ­ STARTER
37 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 26, 2011 22:40 |  #11

Thank you so much! This is wonderful! I really appreciate everybody's assistance!

Have a wonderful night!

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
17,053 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 26, 2011 23:10 |  #12

sega62 wrote in post #13312453 (external link)
Mine show up the image, go into the menu and it's there, activate it!
Also activate ''image simulation'' it is useful!

what does the image simulation do?

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

sega62
756 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Oct 26, 2011 23:19 |  #13

vinmunoz wrote in post #13313023 (external link)
what does the image simulation do?

Well it's the most important feature for me, when you activate it, and lets say you are in MANUAL mode, you see clearly your exposition, as you play with focus, iso, shutter speed and aperture, the image instantly changes on the LCD screen, at night it is a must for taking picture on a stand!!!!

jhayesvw
Cream of the Crop
7,230 posts
Gallery: 167 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 26, 2011 23:29 as a reply to  @ sega62's post |  #14

that sounds like
LIVE VIEW.

how are they different?

My Flickr (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Oct 27, 2011 00:20 |  #15

sega62 wrote in post #13313077 (external link)
Well it's the most important feature for me, when you activate it, and lets say you are in MANUAL mode, you see clearly your exposition, as you play with focus, iso, shutter speed and aperture, the image instantly changes on the LCD screen, at night it is a must for taking picture on a stand!!!!

jhayesvw wrote in post #13313116 (external link)
that sounds like
LIVE VIEW.

how are they different?

I'd say sega is talking about Exposure Simulation in Live View. When both are on, you can use Live View to get a good "starting point", and have a "live" histogram with it.

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sponsored links

1,265 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D Question.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.