Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 27 Oct 2011 (Thursday) 08:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sneak Peek at the Think Tank Modular and Skin 2.0's online

Tim ­ Snow
231 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 27, 2011 08:43 |  #1

http://www.thinktankph​oto.com …onent-systems.aspx?page=1 (external link)

I am sure the official mass email release will be out shortly. I'm really liking the looks of the Stuff It! for my PW's, Strobe Stuff and the Hubba Hubba Hiney!

Also, Skin is getting a revamp as well! http://www.thinktankph​oto.com …in-component-systems.aspx (external link)

The new Body Bag really looks interesting, may have to spring for one!

I love Think Tank! If you don't own any of their gear, you should...my first piece of Think Tank gear was the Airport International and since then I haven't looked back. Their stuff it top notch, made by pros for pros, and is simply bomb proof. I use my stuff day in and day out and it has never let me down!

1dMkIII, 5dMkII, 16-35, 24-70, 70-200 f/2.8IS II, 15mm fish, 24 1.4, 50 f/1.4, 135 f/2, 580 II, 550, PW Mini's Flex's and Plus II's, Think Tank AI V2.0, Think Tank Skin, Alien Bees -
500px (external link)Montreal Wedding Photographer (external link), Montreal Photojournalist (external link),
Montreal Wedding Photography Blog (external link), Twitter (external link) NewWindWorkshops - Montreal Photo Workshops (external link)

sponsored links
Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 27, 2011 08:50 |  #2

How do they differ from the originals?

What about the digital holsters?

Tim ­ Snow
THREAD ­ STARTER
231 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 27, 2011 08:54 |  #3

Strobe bags are larger to accommodate diffusers on the flash units, added pockets for gels/battery packs. Other than that, I'll have to wait to get my hands on them to see the differences in person.
The Holsters are already V2.0's so I don't know when the next revision will be.

1dMkIII, 5dMkII, 16-35, 24-70, 70-200 f/2.8IS II, 15mm fish, 24 1.4, 50 f/1.4, 135 f/2, 580 II, 550, PW Mini's Flex's and Plus II's, Think Tank AI V2.0, Think Tank Skin, Alien Bees -
500px (external link)Montreal Wedding Photographer (external link), Montreal Photojournalist (external link),
Montreal Wedding Photography Blog (external link), Twitter (external link) NewWindWorkshops - Montreal Photo Workshops (external link)

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 27, 2011 08:56 |  #4

I'd love to see a modular lens case with a weather-resistant zip top, rather than the usual cinch cord...

Needsnow
Goldmember
1,814 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 27, 2011 09:11 |  #5

The digital holster 2.0 is a nice upgrade from the original version. It has a side rail for a lens pouch and a giant stretchy pocket all along the frount side, where you can put a filter, etc.

Canon EOS R

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 27, 2011 09:50 |  #6

I just heard about this yesterday. I just got back from vacation and trying to catch up on my workload but I'll be stopping by PDN Photo Expo and will look at the new releases and products from companies. The Modular and Skin v2 looks nice.

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

JordanMayPhoto
70 posts
Joined May 2011

Oct 27, 2011 10:22 |  #7

I'm not ready to buy the full belt system so my question is have any of you tried the belt pouches using a normal belt?

www.jordanmay.com (external link)
Canon 5D2/30D..Canon 24-70f2.8/50f1.4/35f1.4

Tim ­ Snow
THREAD ­ STARTER
231 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 27, 2011 10:25 |  #8

I use the full kit on the Skin belt with a Belly Dancer harness for support on bigger shoots where I know I will need lots of gear, and on smaller shoots I use my other Skin belt stripped down with a Skin 50 pouch and an Urban Disguise 10. Both are very different set-ups with very specific purposes.

Tim ­ Snow
THREAD ­ STARTER
231 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 28, 2011 09:39 |  #9

Press releases - Modular: http://www.thinktankph​oto.com …sed+in+December​&newsID=38 (external link)
Skin: www.thinktankphoto.com​/news-detail.aspx?title=Comp​letely+Upgraded+Modula​r+Skin+Rotation+System​+Components+to+Be+Rele​ased+in+December&newsI​D=41 (external link)

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 28, 2011 13:28 |  #10

Got the press release email as well and posted it on my site.

This is a form from ThinkTank and they will email you when v2 has arrived - http://survey.constant​contact.com …a07e56f2noegube​3bu9/start (external link)

FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 28, 2011 22:06 |  #11

The Hubba Hiney is nice. It will give a bag like the Speed Demon a run for the money if a person has micro 4/3 and wants a small kind of bag for belt or shoulder. I got one of those and am digging it. Think Tank rep said one of the changes is a softer fabric on the back of the v2.0 pouches for wedding shooters wearing dressy pants.

Jordan, a normal belt will work.

johnlo
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Oct 28, 2011 22:12 |  #12

they had it at the PhotoPlusExpo here in NYC.. its very nice. actually i didnt know about the new version. so when i was looking at it, sawing it too my friends... i thought something was different. then came the saleperson and explained. not even available for purchased yet. they said we were the 1st to see it

johnlo photography :
personal blog: http://www.jklimagery.​com (external link)
My Gear List

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Oct 29, 2011 23:24 |  #13

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1126.photobuck​et.com …gspot/posts/pdn​photo7.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO
PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1126.photobuck​et.com …gspot/posts/pdn​photo8.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

Got back from from PhotoPlus Expo. I got more pics at http://1kindphotograph​y.blogspot.com …-years-pdn-photoplus.html (external link)

sponsored links

3,912 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sneak Peek at the Think Tank Modular and Skin 2.0's online
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.