Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 27 Oct 2011 (Thursday) 09:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The tractor

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,342 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 28, 2011 21:19 |  #16

Looks a little bit washed out over the front of the tractor. Cropping is still a little tight. You cut off the rear of the tractor a bit. Keep working at it. It has great potential. It's a nice old tractor. Sorry for all of the short sentences... I'm getting sleepy... :D

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

sponsored links
EricNY
THREAD ­ STARTER
130 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 30, 2011 06:52 |  #17

CameraMan wrote in post #13322870 (external link)
Looks a little bit washed out over the front of the tractor. Cropping is still a little tight. You cut off the rear of the tractor a bit. Keep working at it. It has great potential. It's a nice old tractor. Sorry for all of the short sentences... I'm getting sleepy... :D

Well get some sleep man!

Thanks for the advice

Gear-Canon 60D, Canon rebelXSi, Speedlite 430EX II,Gary Fong lightspehere, 28-135 IS, 55-250 IS, 18-55 kit, 50mm, Manfrotto 391rc2, Studio lighting.

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 30, 2011 07:46 |  #18

Heh, Already did... A day ago. :lol:

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

EricNY
THREAD ­ STARTER
130 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 31, 2011 14:24 |  #19

OK...Another Stab at this

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

Gear-Canon 60D, Canon rebelXSi, Speedlite 430EX II,Gary Fong lightspehere, 28-135 IS, 55-250 IS, 18-55 kit, 50mm, Manfrotto 391rc2, Studio lighting.

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 31, 2011 14:35 |  #20

That Sepia still seems a little off. It might be me maybe. Is there a way you can upload the original photo and let me/us take a stab at it?

EricNY
THREAD ­ STARTER
130 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 31, 2011 14:41 |  #21

OK...Let me ask you this though...If you weren't looking for sepia, how does it look?

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 31, 2011 14:49 |  #22

It looks OK. But it looks as if you converted to B & W and added a yellow color layer over it. I'm not big on color layers except to correct color. Others may like this. To me it's just too yellow.

EricNY
THREAD ­ STARTER
130 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 31, 2011 14:50 |  #23

CameraMan wrote in post #13333534 (external link)
It looks OK. But it looks as if you converted to B & W and added a yellow color layer over it. I'm not big on color layers except to correct color. Others may like this. To me it's just too yellow.

Thanks

EricNY
THREAD ­ STARTER
130 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 31, 2011 14:58 |  #24

Here is the original....

IMAGE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6091/6299431611_db932a5dee.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …wnphotography/6​299431611/  (external link)
IMG_0113 (external link) by ericNY2011 (external link), on Flickr

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 31, 2011 15:14 |  #25

I'm using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 to make these. If you're into B & W Photography then this filter is probably the one to get. It works with Photoshop & Lightroom (I use the Photoshop filter).

This one is Antique Plate

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

This is Antique Plate 2
IMAGE NOT FOUND

And this is one of my favorites called Wet Rocks.
IMAGE NOT FOUND

With this filter you can edit out the grainyness in the first two. I'm running out of time otherwise I'd post more variations but I think you get the point. And for $150 this filter set is well worth it if you're in to black & white photography.

EricNY
THREAD ­ STARTER
130 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 31, 2011 15:17 |  #26

hmmm...I like the second one a LOT

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 31, 2011 15:21 |  #27

Me too. Each one of these took me about 2-4 minutes to process too.

ImageMogul
596 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 31, 2011 17:05 |  #28

EricNY wrote in post #13333676 (external link)
hmmm...I like the second one a LOT

Since you stated earlier that you wanted an "old image" feel, the treatment in cameraman's second edit would be a viable choice. It's sepia/faded photo look does give a feeling of antiquity. There is very little I would change. Perhaps a bit more sepia coloring, a touch of brightness and contrast and a moderate crop to tighten it up a bit?

Moderate edit below - but it honestly comes down to personal preference at this point.

IMAGE: http://imagemogul.smugmug.com/photos/i-pctr7vk/0/L/i-pctr7vk-L.jpg

The composition/angle of this image is far superior to those previous, Eric. Good job. I think you're getting very close to hanging something on the wall.

Regards,
Mark

Composition can’t be reduced to a set of rules ... Dissonance has its place in photography as well as music. If we confined ourselves to major and minor scales, the blues wouldn’t exist. Rules are tools, not laws.” ~ James Martin
http://www.imagemogul.​smugmug.com/ (external link)

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 01, 2011 05:27 |  #29

Nicely done Mark!

sponsored links

3,734 views & 0 likes for this thread
The tractor
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.