Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 25 Oct 2010 (Monday) 04:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The OLDER Photographers' thread...

skygod44
THREAD ­ STARTER
"in stockings and suspenders"
6,444 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2008
Location: Southern Kyushu, Japan. Which means nowhere near Tokyo!

Oct 30, 2011 21:36 |  #4456

(Not ignoring you, Roger, but time is short at the mo', what with the baby...)

tonylong wrote in post #13321787 (external link)
Yes, you can pay cash, assuming, like Roger says, you have enough laying around. Or you can use credit -- my grandson needed some emergency dental surgery a while back and I had the "joyful opportunity" of taking the debt on, for which I get to pay every month...I'm not excited about doubling or tripling those payments to get work done on me!

Sounds like a lot of trouble for you, Tony....so sorry to hear it's so tough over there. So, there really is no money "for the people"?

And I know we can't get "political", but it does seem like the Good Ol' U.S. of A. is suffering badly, from too many years of scoffing too many "sweeties" down its collective throats....

Reminds me of that chap from Sea Shepherd - Paul Watson - who, in between being a bit barking-mad, perhaps has a point in that the earth has really begun to groan under the weight of all us "humans".
He reckons (don't know how exactly) that around a "billion humans" is sustainable....after that, crisis-is-a-coming!!!
:cry:

"Whatever you do, enjoy yourself...otherwise, what's the point."
6D/7D and ALL Canon/Sigma gear SOLD!!!! Now: Olympus PEN EP-5 & OM-D EM-5 Mk2 and 8 lenses!

sponsored links
QueenChatty
Goldmember
2,178 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 01, 2011 18:43 |  #4457

Just got back the other day from Toronto. Treated hubby to the NFL to see his team play.
Washington Redskins vs Buffalo Bills. They shut the poor skins out. It was very sad.
Hubby said he was still happy to go to a game vs watching on TV.
It was a real eye opener for me as I have Never shot any sports before. Wow not easy and from the stands not great but all I hoped was to get a few for hubby for memory sake.
I was only allowed to bring a lens that met the Rogers criteria....lens that is 6 inches in length. So that meant I had to use my 55-250. I almost cried when I found out because I was dreaming of using my 70-200 II. Oh well hubby is happy with what I got. They had the roof closed so I struggled with the lighting. I had never even thought to take it off daylight setting..oh well practice well help with that. Also I have not done much of anything to these as hubby doesn't care and I'm to lazy lol!
Take a look for yourselves. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjw​zMDG4 (external link)

5D MarkII | 50D Canon 17-40mm|55-250 | 60mm Macro | 50mm 1.4 | 24-105L IS | 580EXII | 70-200L F2.8 IS II | Ultra Zap 800 |StarFlash 300 X2 | AB 400X 2 Flickr  (external link)

QueenChatty
Goldmember
2,178 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 01, 2011 18:46 |  #4458

I'm on a run here so why stop now.
I did a photo shoot with my daughter who is due to have her baby in two weeks.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjw​LSRFb (external link)

5D MarkII | 50D Canon 17-40mm|55-250 | 60mm Macro | 50mm 1.4 | 24-105L IS | 580EXII | 70-200L F2.8 IS II | Ultra Zap 800 |StarFlash 300 X2 | AB 400X 2 Flickr  (external link)

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Nov 01, 2011 20:28 as a reply to  @ QueenChatty's post |  #4459

QueenChatty wrote in post #13339430 (external link)
Just got back the other day from Toronto. Treated hubby to the NFL to see his team play.
Washington Redskins vs Buffalo Bills. They shut the poor skins out. It was very sad.
Hubby said he was still happy to go to a game vs watching on TV.
It was a real eye opener for me as I have Never shot any sports before. Wow not easy and from the stands not great but all I hoped was to get a few for hubby for memory sake.
I was only allowed to bring a lens that met the Rogers criteria....lens that is 6 inches in length. So that meant I had to use my 55-250. I almost cried when I found out because I was dreaming of using my 70-200 II. Oh well hubby is happy with what I got. They had the roof closed so I struggled with the lighting. I had never even thought to take it off daylight setting..oh well practice well help with that. Also I have not done much of anything to these as hubby doesn't care and I'm to lazy lol!
Take a look for yourselves. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjw​zMDG4 (external link)

Yes, the Redskins are . . .

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

tygrtx@gmail.com
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Nov 01, 2011 20:45 |  #4460

age is a "mental" thing...

gray counts if it's ORIGINAL!

Grumps ­ Photo
Suffering Keyboard in Mouth desease
2,012 posts
Joined Oct 2004

Nov 02, 2011 17:16 |  #4461

Looks like decent seats, fairly close to the field, mid range.

The shots are good considering. The action shots have some good freezes with blurred action too. Great memory shots.

You should have pretended to be pregnant too, snuck in another lens :lol: Kidding, not worth getting kicked out over.

Try a monopod at all?

Looks like fun though.

Grumps
(aka Jim or JAZZ D.P.G.)
1DsMKIII, 1DMKIII, T6s, D60, L's, DO, USM, other lens, flashes, studio gear (but no studio!) Olympus TG3
grumpsphoto.com

QueenChatty
Goldmember
2,178 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 02, 2011 23:24 |  #4462

JAZZ D.P.G. wrote in post #13344294 (external link)
Looks like decent seats, fairly close to the field, mid range.

The shots are good considering. The action shots have some good freezes with blurred action too. Great memory shots.

You should have pretended to be pregnant too, snuck in another lens :lol: Kidding, not worth getting kicked out over.

Try a monopod at all?

Looks like fun though.

Thanks....and I would have brought a monopod but that is also on their restricted list of items not allowed. Al shots were hand held and what a feat that was....felt like a squashed sardine in my seat lol!

Jon, ­ The ­ Elder
teaching fish to ride a bicycle
2,490 posts
Joined Oct 2004

Nov 03, 2011 18:27 as a reply to  @ QueenChatty's post |  #4463

I can't remember if I ever posted here before........just read the first post and I DO qualify agewise (I'll be 73 this coming January 2nd.)

Amazed that 20droger is still around, he used to have interesting viewpoints.

Backed out of shooting Horse events and now shoot just for enjoyment.
I bought a Black Rapid RS 4 and it is really a nice piece of gear.

Jon

A 40D, a 30D, some nice glass and a great Shooting Partner.
"...As in music, so in life."

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Nov 03, 2011 19:42 |  #4464

Jon, The Elder wrote in post #13350149 (external link)

Jon

Burn, Baby! Burn!

:{)#

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

QueenChatty
Goldmember
2,178 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 03, 2011 21:02 |  #4465

I can't remember if I ever posted here before........just read the first post and I DO qualify agewise (I'll be 73 this coming January 2nd.)

Backed out of shooting Horse events and now shoot just for enjoyment.
I bought a Black Rapid RS 4 and it is really a nice piece of gear.

Jon

Good for you....welcome to the thread!
How did you decide which Black rapid to buy? I want one just not sure which one I should get.

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 04, 2011 01:09 |  #4466

Jon

Yup. Still around.

And I still have interesting viewpoints. I just don't find a lot of people who are themselves interesting enough to share with.

Ricardo222
Cream of the Crop
16,067 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 04, 2011 04:11 |  #4467

20droger wrote in post #13351774 (external link)
Yup. Still around.

And I still have interesting viewpoints. I just don't find a lot of people who are themselves interesting enough to share with.

Hey Roger, don't hold back! We're still interested....call it "Morbid fascination!" :p

Growing old disgracefully!

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
10,149 posts
Gallery: 174 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 04, 2011 05:18 |  #4468

Ricardo222 wrote in post #13352079 (external link)
Hey Roger, don't hold back! We're still interested....call it "Morbid fascination!" :p

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Ricardo, hows the ship building going?

Tim

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 04, 2011 09:31 |  #4469

Ricardo222 wrote in post #13352079 (external link)

In what are you interested?

That is, in what are you interested that can be discussed on a family forum?

Ricardo222
Cream of the Crop
16,067 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 04, 2011 17:29 |  #4470

Timphoto wrote in post #13352148 (external link)
:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Ricardo, hows the ship building going?

They're making progress, thank you Tim. Our little "ship" is taking shape...I'll post a pic in a few days.

20droger wrote in post #13352822 (external link)
In what are you interested?

That is, in what are you interested that can be discussed on a family forum?

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

And all that kind of stuff, Rog...specially that which can't be discussed on a family, or non-political, forum!

Growing old disgracefully!

sponsored links

1,039,493 views & 180 likes for this thread
The OLDER Photographers' thread...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.