Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 02 Nov 2011 (Wednesday) 10:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Wow...Someone must have gotten some bad wedding pics...

Celtic ­ Tiger
Goldmember
1,037 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Nov 02, 2011 10:35 |  #1

Otherwise...how you would even think to include Wedding Photographers on this list???

Ten Most Overpaid Jobs in the United States (in reverse order):

10) Wedding Photographers
Wedding photographers charge $2,000 to over $5,000 to shoot a wedding, for what amounts to a one day assignment plus a client meeting (and processing time). They must cover equipment and film development costs (with digital cameras, this cost goes away). Still, many photographers in major metros shoot two weddings each weekend in the May-to-October season, and can rack up $75,000 to $100,000 for six months work. And much of their work is mediocre. No adjustments for missing the best shot of the day, missed opportunities or amateurish techniques. No retakes.

http://www.engineersal​ary.com/overpaid.asp (external link)

flickr (external link)

sponsored links
gonzogolf
dumb remark memorialized
30,176 posts
Gallery: 263 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2006

Nov 02, 2011 10:38 |  #2

Wow, after reading that I agree, we should string em up from the highest tree. Thank goodness for unbiased reporting.

Jimconnerphoto
Goldmember
2,165 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 02, 2011 10:52 |  #3

The secrets out. I guess I should start parking the Porsche in the garage of my beach front summer home.
It also proves that research and knowledge in a subject are not required to write an article.

Wedding and Portraits www.jimconnerphoto.com (external link)
Commercial Work www.jamesdconner.com (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Nov 02, 2011 10:56 |  #4

Damn... I'm doing something wrong...

Kaljam
154 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Nov 02, 2011 10:59 |  #5

I think is it funny that the article is on an 'engineering" site. Engineering is a science but clearly whoever wrote it did not do much research.

Hopefully the author did not design any of the bridges I will be driving over to get home tonight.

highergr0und
545 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Nov 02, 2011 11:21 |  #6

It's just funny that he uses the absolute exceptions to the norm in every industry but his own.....

I guess he passed his manipulating statistics on the internet for personal gain class with a 4.0.

T3i, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 30 1.4, 18-55 kit, 55-250, YN-565, a few books, some software, and a desire to get good.....

Willie
959 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Nov 02, 2011 11:23 |  #7

You can use statistics to prove whatever point you want.

83% of the population knows that.

symbolphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,623 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Nov 02, 2011 11:27 |  #8

Haha, boy i wish that was true.

Shockey
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 02, 2011 11:37 |  #9

100,000 after taxes and expenses is not very much....hope nobody is trying to also pay employees out of that.
....but yeah it is easy money :), anybody can do it.

zerovision
Goldmember
1,204 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 02, 2011 12:32 |  #10

I'm so glad I am in the digital era so all of my pp cost have gone away. CS5, Lightroom 3, plus all of their upgrades, OnOne software, x-rite colorchecker passport, Macbook Pro, 24" Cinema Display. I must have just imagined that I paid hard earned money for of these things. Wow, what an imagination I have.

Shockey
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 02, 2011 12:53 |  #11

zerovision wrote in post #13342885 (external link)
I'm so glad I am in the digital era so all of my pp cost have gone away. CS5, Lightroom 3, plus all of their upgrades, OnOne software, x-rite colorchecker passport, Macbook Pro, 24" Cinema Display. I must have just imagined that I paid hard earned money for of these things. Wow, what an imagination I have.

And it is a good thing you don't...otherwise you might spend some time at the computer;)

zerovision
Goldmember
1,204 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 02, 2011 12:56 |  #12

Shockey wrote in post #13343002 (external link)
And it is a good thing you don't...otherwise you might spend some time at the computer;)

Exactly.

5Dmaniac
Goldmember
1,303 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 02, 2011 13:19 |  #13

Consider the source of this article. Engineers believe that EVERYONE is overpaid, except for them of course:-)

Taylor02GT
892 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Nov 02, 2011 13:26 |  #14

Quitting my healthcare consulting job immediately...rack up some gear expenses and profit 80k. Sounds like a plan.

Taylor - flickr (external link)
Canon EOS 6D + Canon 50mm 1.8 STM | Canon EF 24-105mm F4L
Feedback + Gear

Leftcoast_Mike
Goldmember
2,575 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Nov 02, 2011 13:27 |  #15

Probably sat there tapping the pinky ring on the desk as he/she came up with that nonsense

My Facebook Page (external link)
My Website (external link)

sponsored links

7,154 views & 0 likes for this thread
Wow...Someone must have gotten some bad wedding pics...
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.