Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 01 Nov 2011 (Tuesday) 14:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

So, ever get NO feedback on your wedding photos?

DStanic
Cream of the Crop
6,148 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 01, 2011 19:51 |  #16

The last paid wedding I did was one some of my best work, I gave the clients the DVD and they gave me the check, I have never heard from them since. They are nice people but perhaps they are not the type to leave feedback, I dunno. The last wedding I did (for a friend... free) they loved it and had all sorts of comments on FB etc. I wasn't worried about it, but yeah it's nice to have some positive feedback to keep you going.

Sony A6000, 16-50PZ, 55-210, 35mm 1.8 OSS
Canon 60D, 30D
Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 17-35, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 85mm 1.8

sponsored links
PeaceFire
Goldmember
2,281 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 01, 2011 20:25 |  #17

It's 50/50. Sometimes I never hear from them again, sometimes I do. I Google my business name from time to time just to make sure it's not being used in a way that I didn't approve and I will come across reviews that brides have put on their websites or message boards raving about the photos. Yet, not a word to me. Not sure why that is but it happens a lot.

My Gear List / My Blog (external link)

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 02, 2011 09:40 as a reply to  @ PeaceFire's post |  #18

It is not unusual at all. One couple I heard DEAD silence. When I delivered the images,they could not stop raving about the photos.

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

sdipirro
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,207 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Nov 02, 2011 10:16 as a reply to  @ scorpio_e's post |  #19

I just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback. Good to see that this isn't that unusual. As I said, I feel good about the work we did and the results, but since this was my first paid wedding, I was just hoping for *some* feedback on the results, particularly if there were areas needing improvement (from their perspective). Like many have said, no news is probably good news. I certainly haven't heard anything negative. I guess if I get referral business out of this, then that would be a good sign as well. Thanks again for chiming in!

Cameras: 1DX, 1D4, 20D, 10D, S90, G2
Lenses: Canon 10-22mm, 16-35mm f2.8L II, 24-70mm f2.8L, 70-200mm f2.8L IS, 300mm f2.8L IS, 200mm f2L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L, 1.4x TC, 2x TC, 500D macro, Zeiss 21mm
Lighting: 580EX, Elinchrom 600 RX's, D-Lite 4's, ABR800, 74" Eli Octa, 100cm/70cm DOs, Photoflex Medium Octa and reflectors, PW's, Lastolite Hilite, Newton Di400CR bracket

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 02, 2011 10:23 |  #20

I'd just think of it from a customer's point of view. When you hire someone to do the work and it all goes as expected, do you always call them and tell them how good of a job they did? Would you call the mechanic and tell him how nice the new brakes are working? Did you fill out a card after your last restaurant meal to tell them how it was?

You traded them pictures for money. They got the pictures and gave you the money. There shouldn't be anything more for them to say to you until they want to trade more money for more pictures.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
EOS Rp | iPhone 11 Pro Max

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 02, 2011 12:13 |  #21

I know where the OP is coming from. You are hoping that you work exceeded the clients expectations and hopefully they are emotionally attached to the images and shed a tear.

As Taylor said, take it from a clients point of view.

I will hand deliver the DVD and watch the slide show with the clients. You can tell by their reaction.

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,586 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 02, 2011 12:17 |  #22

scorpio_e wrote in post #13342788 (external link)
I will hand deliver the DVD and watch the slide show with the clients. You can tell by their reaction.

My reaction would be annoyance that I have to sit and watch a DVD with you! :)

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
EOS Rp | iPhone 11 Pro Max

spb
583 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Nov 02, 2011 13:29 as a reply to  @ scorpio_e's post |  #23

scorpio_e: I will hand deliver the DVD and watch the slide show with the clients. You can tell by their reaction.

tkbslc: My reaction would be annoyance that I have to sit and watch a DVD with you! :)

haha lol

60d | 50d | grip | 11-16 2.8 | 17-55 2.8 | 50 1.4 | 24-105 | 70-200 II | 60 macro | 580EXII x2
flickr (external link) | gear | feedback

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 02, 2011 14:06 |  #24

tkbslc wrote in post #13342811 (external link)
My reaction would be annoyance that I have to sit and watch a DVD with you! :)

That might explain why the clients are crying. *LOL*

wdwpsu
625 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 02, 2011 14:12 |  #25

People rarely thank one another anymore. It's just a sad fact. I went to two weddings last year as a guest, and didn't get a thank you note for my gifts either.
Take it from Gary Gnu of the Great Spacecoaster. "No Gnews is good Gnews". If they aren't complaining, take it that they are happy.

Wedding and Event Photography ∙ Orlando, Florida ∙ DSWfoto.com (external link)
Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Nov 02, 2011 14:51 |  #26

I don't call my landlord and thank him every time I pay the rent. I don't include a gushing "oh my gee thank you so much for providing me with a signal" with my cell phone payment. I don't hug the barista at the local coffee shop.

See where I'm going with this? Consider yourself fortunate if you do get great feedback, otherwise enjoy the silence because it's not complaints.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

spb
583 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Nov 02, 2011 14:54 as a reply to  @ cdifoto's post |  #27

you may also post your work here and get some feedback from the potn'ers ;)

60d | 50d | grip | 11-16 2.8 | 17-55 2.8 | 50 1.4 | 24-105 | 70-200 II | 60 macro | 580EXII x2
flickr (external link) | gear | feedback

joeeznutz
34 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Nov 02, 2011 14:56 |  #28

This actually happened to me last month! I was kind of appauled especially because it was my own COUSIN's Wedding! anyways, I know how you feel. In fact, when I saw them I asked, "did you get my photos?"
They basically were like "oh yeah! I did get em."
.... patiently waiting for a thanks... nope. Oh well...

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 30D | 15/2.8 fisheye | 16-35/2.8 L II | 85/1.8 | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 2X Speedlite 580EX | Fong Sphere!
[COLOR=Lime]Joseph Romana Photography (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Nov 02, 2011 15:04 as a reply to  @ joeeznutz's post |  #29

If you expect your ego to be stroked every time, you're in the wrong line of work.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Nov 02, 2011 15:09 |  #30

I did almost 50 weddings this year and about 10 I never heard from again. It's the norm. You do worry that they don't like them but then you get a booking from one of the bridesmaids or you get a print order from a relative who tells you how lovely they all are.

Some treat you as a service and don't realise how personal it is to you.
On the flipside, some togs treat it as just a job and don't expect it.

You're on the right side :D

Chris Giles Photography

sponsored links

3,706 views & 0 likes for this thread
So, ever get NO feedback on your wedding photos?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.